Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009   #41
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

To be fair, we should give mussop the benefit of the doubt and extend his 12 hour time frame. He probably wasn't expecting this to start until tomorrow
Old 03-05-2009   #42
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
To be fair, we should give mussop the benefit of the doubt and extend his 12 hour time frame. He probably wasn't expecting this to start until tomorrow
That is what I said a few post ago.
Old 03-05-2009   #43
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I would expect the Bengals or Jags to grab him although Cincinnati has to be very intigued by Michael Crabtree's availability.
Nah, I think Cincy has much bigger worries - plus they just signed Laverneus Coles yesterday to go with Ocho Psycho.

I bet if Seattle doesn't take Raji, the Bengals do.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-05-2009   #44
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I pm'd my pick to super mario. Sorry guys I didnt know. My pick was

With the 6th pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Cincinati Bengals select

Andre Smith OT Alabama

It was close call between Raji and Andre Smith. Even with Smiths latest combine fiasco he is just to good to pass up. Crabtree got serious consideration here also but I just couldnt justify taking a WR when there should be a couple of pretty good ones to select with my 2nd round pick.
Old 03-05-2009   #45
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Nah, I think Cincy has much bigger worries - plus they just signed Laverneus Coles yesterday to go with Ocho Psycho.

I bet if Seattle doesn't take Raji, the Bengals do.
It was a tough choice between Raji and Smith. After loosing Andrews in FA and considering Levi Jones (30 in August) gave up 5.5 sacks in just 10 games last year I had to go OT.
Old 03-05-2009   #46
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

Andre Smith OT Alabama

It was close call between Raji and Andre Smith. Even with Smiths latest combine fiasco he is just to good to pass up. Crabtree got serious consideration here also but I just couldnt justify taking a WR when there should be a couple of pretty good ones to select with my 2nd round pick.
He should fit right in with the bengals
Old 03-05-2009   #47
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He should fit right in with the bengals
I dont think he will be a problem. This whole combine thing has been blown out of porportion.
Old 03-05-2009   #48
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

How funny is it that Ocho Cinco is stuck in Cincy and Housh just walked away and landed a big payday elsewhere.

The moral of the story... Learn how to shut your mouth kids!

The Cowboys have learned their lesson
Old 03-05-2009   #49
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
How funny is it that Ocho Cinco is stuck in Cincy and Housh just walked away and landed a big payday elsewhere.

The moral of the story... Learn how to shut your mouth kids!

The Cowboys have learned their lesson
Have they? Watch them trade for Ocho Stinko. Now that would be funny!
Old 03-05-2009   #50
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Sanchez falls to me @ 15.
Old 03-05-2009   #51
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 03-05-2009   #52
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McShay? Is that you?
Old 03-05-2009   #53
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
McShay? Is that you?
McShaft! Love the sig man. Fark the pirates!
Old 03-05-2009   #54
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope thats a joke.
Old 03-05-2009   #55
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I hope thats a joke.
Thats what im sayin! We dont have trades right?
Old 03-05-2009   #56
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats what im sayin! We dont have trades right?

I don't think we have trades in this mock...
Old 03-05-2009   #57
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Andre Smith OT Alabama

Nailed it!

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-05-2009   #58
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a lot of Raiders fan friends so i took the past week to pick their brains about what to do. From the looks of it Tom Cable wants to start Mario Henderson at LT next year. Had Smith fallen to me at 7 however, I would've switched him over to RT and Smith to LT. Crabtree is a big lure here but there has been a huge gapping hole in the Raiders run defense. I couldn't miss the opportunity to take a big step in addressing the need.

With the 7th pick of the 2009 draft the Oakland Raiders select:

DT Boston College - B.J. Raji
Old 03-05-2009   #59
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 8th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft...the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Michael Oher - OT - Ole Miss

Reason ~ This was a tough pick because the Jags needed a big DT next to John Henderson but BJ Raji was taken a pick before. Khalif Barnes is a FA and the Jags need someone to protect Garrard. Oher, with motivation and coaching can become an elite OT but its going to take lots and lots of work. I could have gone DT or CB, but there well be plenty to choose from in the next few rounds. After Oher, there is a drop off at the talent level of OTs so this is why Oher makes sense.
Old 03-05-2009   #60
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I pm'd my pick to super mario. Sorry guys I didnt know.
Just saw your PM. Thanks Mussop.

Everyone should continue to PM me your top 3 when you are 2-3 picks away if you want, to keep this thing rolling. Of course if you are going to be around to make your pick then dont worry about PM'ing me your list.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read