Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009   #21
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

With the 4th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select...

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

This was a pretty difficult choice. With the addition of TJ, wide receiver was no longer such a pressing need for the Seahawks. BJ Raji is a strong consideration, especially considering that a dominant DT would instantly upgrade the Seahawks defense. The signing of Colin Cole for 20 million, however, tells me that they probably aren't focusing on defensive tackle. We would have taken Curry here if he had fallen, even with the already high priced group of linebackers. His talent is just too great to pass up.

With all that said, the next biggest need for the Seahawks was a replacement for Walter Jones. At 35 years old, his play has definitely taken a hit recently, and everyone expects him to retire next year. Injury is already a concern, Monroe is ready to step in and take playing time ASAP. They would have preferred Smith, as he seems to have a little higher ceiling, and despite being a little more raw, would have had time to develop. With all that said, Monroe is a pretty strong candidate to replace Jones. He is a superb pass blocker, has great size and is incredibly athletic. He comes from a long line of successful offensive lineman from Virginia, so his chances for success are pretty high. He was the reason Albert started at LG throughout his time on the Virginia OL, and therefore projects to be even better than the Chiefs rookie standout
Nice pickup! But he's no Duane Brown...
Old 03-05-2009   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
And there he goes. From what I can gather, he is the TT board favorite.

So what linebacker position was he picked for?
the beauty is he can play them all, but if you pin me down & force feed me inside. next to DJ with Vrabel off his shoulder
Old 03-05-2009   #23
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Seahawks are in the same boat as the Rams. They both have All-Pro LT's that are 34+ years old and need replacements. Good pick.
I actually thought the Rams would have looked at WR since Holt is leaving, but I guess they thought #2 overall was too high to select crabtree. I would have gone with Smith over Monroe, but I don't think the falloff will be that much between the 2.

I just couldn't select Raji at #4. I have a strong disdain for highly touted defensive tackles. QBs and DTs are by far the biggest gambles in high round selections. Nearly 1/2 top 5 DTs is a bust.

I know Seattle has said they were hesitant to pick a top 5 OT because they wouldn't be as good as Walter Jones, but realistically, almost no one will be. No way would I consider Sanchez at #4
Old 03-05-2009   #24
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I actually thought the Rams would have looked at WR since Holt is leaving, but I guess they thought #2 overall was too high to select crabtree. I would have gone with Smith over Monroe, but I don't think the falloff will be that much between the 2.

I just couldn't select Raji at #4. I have a strong disdain for highly touted defensive tackles. QBs and DTs are by far the biggest gambles in high round selections. Nearly 1/2 top 5 DTs is a bust.

I know Seattle has said they were hesitant to pick a top 5 OT because they wouldn't be as good as Walter Jones, but realistically, almost no one will be. No way would I consider Sanchez at #4
If someone considers Sanchez at #4 they should be fired on the spot.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-05-2009   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 5th pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select:

Brian Orakpo DE/OLB from Texas

The Browns have several needs on both sides of the ball, but the defense is in dire need of a pass rush.

Other players considered: B.J. Raji, Malcom Jenkins and Andre Smith

Last edited by HOU-TEX; 03-05-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2009   #26
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
With the 5th pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select:

Brian Orakpo DE/OLB from Texas

The Browns have several needs on both sides of the ball, but the defense is in dire need of a pass rush.

Other players considered: B.J. Raji, Malcom Jenkins and Andre Brown
Orakpophobia representing!

So your taking a mid round running back #5 overall?
Old 03-05-2009   #27
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

So far we have mirrored GBN.
Old 03-05-2009   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Orakpophobia representing!

So your taking a mid round running back #5 overall?
LMAO! Nah, I meant Andre Smith.
Old 03-05-2009   #29
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LMAO! Nah, I meant Andre Smith.
Yeah im just messing. I know Andre Smith has done nothing but hurt his draft stock, but he is still a talented tackle who will IMO get drafted higher than he should. I took him #5 overall in the pre-combine mock for the Brownies.
Old 03-05-2009   #30
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah im just messing. I know Andre Smith has done nothing but hurt his draft stock, but he is still a talented tackle who will IMO get drafted higher than he should. I took him #5 overall in the pre-combine mock for the Brownies.
I would expect the Bengals or Jags to grab him although Cincinnati has to be very intigued by Michael Crabtree's availability.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-05-2009   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Super Mario?

In the other thread, could you put the pick number before the pick's name? It makes it easier for me to keep track of it in my spreadsheet.
Old 03-05-2009   #32
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Super Mario?

In the other thread, could you put the pick number before the pick's name? It makes it easier for me to keep track of it in my spreadsheet.
Sure. I am being lazy this time. But I will add the pick number.
Old 03-05-2009   #33
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So far we have mirrored GBN.
Not for long. I am surely not picking Maybin!
Old 03-05-2009   #34
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Super Mario?

Speaking of lazy... You have a spreadsheet, huh? Are you willing to forward that to me?
Old 03-05-2009   #35
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Just remember some folks thought this was going to start friday so the time for a pick maybe screwed up.
Old 03-05-2009   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Speaking of lazy... You have a spreadsheet, huh? Are you willing to forward that to me?
It's nothing special. I was planning on going through and updating it with some of the post combine mocks this weekend. Right now, it's just got some early mock numbers in it. Let me know if you want it and I'll forward it to you.
Old 03-05-2009   #37
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Just remember some folks thought this was going to start friday so the time for a pick maybe screwed up.
Yeah. True dat dat dat.
Old 03-05-2009   #38
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
It's nothing special. I was planning on going through and updating it with some of the post combine mocks this weekend. Right now, it's just got some early mock numbers in it. Let me know if you want it and I'll forward it to you.
I just need something where I can do a process of elimination. Hell, if I have time I might just make one myself. BlazingArrow has been quiet today, so I might find the time.
Old 03-05-2009   #39
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Who's on the board???
Old 03-05-2009   #40
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Who's on the board???
Bengals - mussop
Raiders - Goldensilence
Jaguars - Texan4Ever

Packers - bah007
Niners - Specnatz

This is the next 5 picks.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read