Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-25-2009   #41
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Something is telling me...stadium won't be sold out this year...

Wow things are not looking good.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #42
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3754 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Damn...all the good ones are dropping out. I understand about that baby girl...mine's 2 now. And she loves football.
Being kind of generous with the wording with DB aren't ya??

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
We will miss you up in Gridiron.... Is the rest of the DC still going to represent?
Captain is up to his neck in bills from being laid off awhile back, so he's trying to climb out of that hole. Jungle Bob would do it, but he can't afford two seats.

We'll be back, though. Of that I have no doubt...if this economy can actually rebound and keep from crashing on us.

Quote:
Damn...all the good ones are dropping out. I understand about that baby girl...mine's 2 now. And she loves football.
That's awesome, man. I can't wait to teach her about the sport we love. She doesn't really have a choice.

I do plan on making it to some games, though. When they release single game tickets, we are definitely getting seats for the Titans game.

Quote:

Hey!

Maybe he's talking about the Captain and Jungle!
Old 02-25-2009   #44
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey...I'm a nice guy...generally...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #45
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Found out we renewed our tickets woo!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #46
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
As much as it pains me to say it, we will not be renewing our season tickets this year. It was a fun 7 year run...would've been nice if they mixed in a winning season...but no regrets. I'm a Texans fan forever, regardless if I go to the games or not.

But the expenses of my baby girl are far more important than an entertainment diversion, no matter how passionate I feel about enjoying football. Being a dad > being a Texans fanatic.

Maybe next year things will be better and we can get tickets. Time will tell.
if my wife ever tweaks a hammy and can't suit up, I'll give you a shout.

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Something is telling me...stadium won't be sold out this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
if my wife ever tweaks a hammy and can't suit up, I'll give you a shout.

Thanks, man! That is very kind of you.
Old 03-02-2009   #48
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks, man! That is very kind of you.
A season has not gone by where I have had at least one ticket to four games available in a year, due to people backing out at the last moment. Since I usually know by 7 am on Sundays I will give you a shout, hopefully it should give you enough time to make necessary preparations.
Old 03-02-2009   #49
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
A season has not gone by where I have had at least one ticket to four games available in a year, due to people backing out at the last moment. Since I usually know by 7 am on Sundays I will give you a shout, hopefully it should give you enough time to make necessary preparations.
Thanks, KT! I will sleep with my jersey and hardhat on!
Old 03-02-2009   #50
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3754 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks, KT! I will sleep with my jersey and hardhat on!
Don't forget your little booties as well...
Old 03-02-2009   #51
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post

Same here DB. My kids are always backing out, Shadow gets grounded at the last minute, someone's to lazy to get up and tailgate at 0700. The Bullpen would be PROUD to have ya!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #52
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

We have an extra ticket for most games, so add me to the list of potential ticket sources, DB.
Old 03-02-2009   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Forget all that. I'm cancelling my tickets and leeching off all y'all...
Old 03-02-2009   #54
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Don't forget your little booties as well...
I won't forget them, but you'll have to give 'em back first.

On second thought, I'll just buy new ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Same here DB. My kids are always backing out, Shadow gets grounded at the last minute, someone's to lazy to get up and tailgate at 0700. The Bullpen would be PROUD to have ya!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
We have an extra ticket for most games, so add me to the list of potential ticket sources, DB.
Y'all are too kind!

I've tried not to be too bummed out, as I never intended to ever give my ticket up. But the niceness of my fellow Texans fans has been overwhelming and have definitely lifted my spirits about next season.
Old 03-02-2009   #55
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya never know DB, I still might have to sell a couple of mine before it's all over. I think times are tough for all your TT buds! BUT, somehow, someway, we will take care of each other.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #56
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You'd be like DB's little girl , spitting up on people and drinking from a bottle .
Old 03-02-2009   #57
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 25166 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Shadow gets grounded at the last minute
Wait...Are you saying that Shadow gets in trouble???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ummm...Do you want to tell me something?
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #58
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Just got this email from the Texans. Is this a sign?

Attention Texans Fan,
We've identified some seats that are currently available in your section! Do you have enough in 2009? Is there anyone you know that would want to experience all the hard hitting action at a Texans game with you? Now is the time. And remember, special food and beverage incentives exist for those season ticket holders who refer someone who purchases season tickets for 2009.

For more information or to reserve your tickets today call me at ...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #59
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Attention Texans Fan,
We've identified some seats that are currently available in your section! Do you have enough in 2009? Is there anyone you know that would want to experience all the hard hitting action at a Texans game with you? Now is the time. And remember, special food and beverage incentives exist for those season ticket holders who refer someone who purchases season tickets for 2009.

Wow, I think some folks are really tightening up their finances...
Old 06-03-2009   #60
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:

Attention Texans Fan,

Yeah, we got the same email. Guess the waiting list folks that have been there for years have also bailed on it.. Everyone has to choose what it right for their families during these times.Football for some is a great escape from the reality of whats going on in the economy, for others, it is just a game and that the expense of it is not worth it... Understand both sides of the coin there.. But honestly, how often are the seats really sold out... Paid tickets and actual butts in seats are not the same.. So the Texans saying they have sold out every game is not incorrect, but I would bet my life that it is no where near correct as in the stadium being full all those games...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read