Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-25-2009   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [CollegeFootballNews.com] Post Combine Mock Draft (2/25)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ine-mock-draft

15. Houston Texans - Tyson Jackson, DE LSU
The Texans will look to continue to build up front on both sides of the line. A huge lineman like Jackson could flourish on the other side of Mario Williams, even if the former LSU star isn't an elite pass rusher. Georgia Tech's Michael Johnson could also be a good fit.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [CollegeFootballNews.com] Post Combine Mock Draft (2/25)

I liked him in the Senior Bowl practices, but as time goes on, I'm convinced we're going with a linebacker with the 15th pick.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I liked him in the Senior Bowl practices, but as time goes on, I'm convinced we're going with a linebacker with the 15th pick.
Well he fits the McClain profile that's for sure. I'm with you Mex Texan here's hoping there's a 3-4 team that likes him before the fifteen.

Does anyone besides me believe that a couple of these speed racers at WR are going to go fairly high now ? How do 20 teams pass on 4.3's ?

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-26-2009 at 02:41 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

god that works out awful for us.. id rather have english if it played out like this
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #5
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well he fits the McClain profile that's for sure. I'm with you Mex Texan here's hoping there's a 3-4 team that likes him before the fifteen.

Does anyone besides me believe that a couple of these speed racers at WR are going to go fairly high now ? How do 20 teams pass on 4.3's ?
Yeah, I see at least 3 going in the 1st round...We know Al Davis loves speed and he needs a WR, though he needs an OT and Defensive help..Seattle needs a WR in the worst way and the pundits are predicting Crabtree to wind up there(even w/ the fracture in his foot). There's two in the top 10...
Old 02-27-2009   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tyson Jackson might play the run well but he's to big and slow to put any pressure on the QB, I agree he's a 3-4 DE. If the draft went this way I'd much rather have Michael Johnson, Vontae Davis, or Sean Smith.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #7
Polo

WOuldn't put too much stock in the mocks...

Don't remember any that had us taking Duane Brown last year
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2009   #8
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I'm convinced we're going with a linebacker with the 15th pick.
I'm with you Mex Tex. The way it's going, I think it will be a LB that can rush the passer and drop in coverage. It drove me nuts last year seeing Mario or another DL drop back to cover. Of course maybe that will change with Bush calling the plays.
Old 02-28-2009   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Tyson Jackson might play the run well but he's to big and slow to put any pressure on the QB, I agree he's a 3-4 DE. If the draft went this way I'd much rather have Michael Johnson, Vontae Davis, or Sean Smith.
That's what I think also. But McClain is insisting that is what they are going to do. Now they could do the same thing later with the Aggie or the USC end. Save the fifteen for a Line back....or with Dave Anderson apparently gone...God forbid a WR. But who really knows. Worst case scenario for me would be a Move back and taking Michael Johnson and then coming back later and selecting the Ag or the USC end.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read