Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-25-2009   #21
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you look for a QB?

I think you always look for a QB. It may seem foolish to some but there seems to be many guys these days that do well in their system once they learn in the NFL. If you think someone has more talent than the players at other positions, take a chance late in the draft. At some point I like the idea of guys being groomed or at least seeing what they have.
Old 02-25-2009   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephen Mcgee.....He is a sleeper superstar qb if i ever saw 1. Showed well at the combine & He's got all the tools. Coming out of high school he was the &^%$, didn't quite have the career in college that everyone thought he should have mainly b/c of coaching & consequently fell in the NFL. If he gets drafted by a good coaching staff & is groomed properly, he could be special.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #23
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

No other talks of Nate Davis? I don't know why all the love for McGee. I don't like his chances in the NFL.
Old 02-25-2009   #24
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
No other talks of Nate Davis? I don't know why all the love for McGee. I don't like his chances in the NFL.
I really like Davis. I would take him in the 4th unless Bomar is there.

He has the tools, but there are questions about whether or not he can pick up an NFL playbook.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #25
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno YTF. Becuase at one time in his career our HC was Stephen Mcgee ?

I prefer Pat White....but I'd understand this pick.
Old 02-26-2009   #26
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like the discussion this got going. What if the Texans hold onto Sage, do you still look to take a QB this year? Or does that push QB up your 2010 draft board when we have no option of Sage.
Old 02-27-2009   #27
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

We really don't know how Coach Kubiak and Rick Smith view Nall or Brinks at this juncture. We'll find out in the draft. To keep Schaub healthy, we're gonna need to have a healthy backfield, which we haven't had. Kyle Shannahan will now be callin' the plays...the O-line was "gelling" at he end of the season and our schedule isn't like it was last year...If Schaub continues forcing the ball and turning it over, we'll be looking at McCoy of Bradford next year. If by chance we are gonna draft a QB this year, it will probably come in the latters rounds, say 5th on...some say N.Davis...he'll be gone by then...now who? Personally, I like McGee..He also will probably be gone by then...so who's left? and would that QB be worth a draft pick and or better than what you have already in Nall or Brinks...only Kubiak and Smith know..

I know in an earlier post I said the Texans would target a QB in rounds 5 or 6...(maybe McGee), again I think it's all contingent on how McSmithiak view Nall and Brinks

Last edited by rarazz00; 02-27-2009 at 07:25 PM.
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #28
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I really like Davis. I would take him in the 4th unless Bomar is there.

He has the tools, but there are questions about whether or not he can pick up an NFL playbook.
http://theredzonereport.com/2008/06/...prospects/445/

Quote:
2. Nate Davis, QB, Ball State: Davis has thrown for 5,642 yards and 48 touchdowns in his first two seasons at BSU, with only 14 interceptions. Above anything else, that decision-making ability might stand out the most to scouts, GMs, and coaches.
Quote:
3. Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan: LeFevour might be the best pass-run QB prospect since Vince Young, who he followed as the only QB in I-A history to throw for 3,000 yards and run for 1,000 yards in the same season, when he did it last year.

He’s a leader and a fighter, which he’s shown since his first game at CMU, against Boston College, when he nearly led the Chippewas back from a 21-point deficit in the 4th. The Chippewas play the likes of Georgia, Purdue, and Indiana this season, so LeFevour will have a chance to prove to the masses that he’s one of the best in the country. Round Projection: Late first, early second at worst.
Old 03-01-2009   #29
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
OK. Thanks?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read