Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-11-2009   #361
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Ill take a few suggestions.

Percy Harvin is the #1 prospect on my board.

Larry English - Would probably have to play OLB in their 3-4
William Moore - Some dont like him but at the bottom of the first, I dont think he is a bad pick.
Alphonso Smith - I think they are ok at CB right now.

EDIT: Also William Beatty could be their man.

Last edited by Blake; 02-11-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #362
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

William Moore - Some dont like him but at the bottom of the first, I dont think he is a bad pick.
There are only two positions I think Pittsburgh should be looking at here:

Beef up RT with Phil Loadholt (this may be high for him, but OL is their main priority this year).

Take a CB. D.J. Moore is the highest rated on my board, followed by Alphonso Smith.

I vote that they should take Moore. He is the highest rated player overall on my board right now. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been taken.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #363
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I know it's really sad. I had one trade offer done, but I was working on another one at the same time. Kind of like a package deal between the three of us, but the guy never replied and has only posted twice on this entire 19 page thread and the mods had to make his 1st round pick.

It's really annoying how alot of the members don't participate in the mock. The 2nd & 3rd rounds will most likely be unbearable.
I think the post combine mock should be my invitation only. You must be pre-approved like credit. :P
Old 02-11-2009   #364
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the post combine mock should be my invitation only. You must be pre-approved like credit. :P
That sounds better lol.

As for Pittsburgh I would say go O-Line. With the line getting older that is their biggest need.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #365
Blake
MMQB

So im hearing DJ Moore at CB and William Beatty at LT. Anyone else want to weight in?
Old 02-11-2009   #366
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

EDIT: Also William Beatty could be their man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
There are only two positions I think Pittsburgh should be looking at here:

Beef up RT with Phil Loadholt (this may be high for him, but OL is their main priority this year).

Take a CB. D.J. Moore is the highest rated on my board, followed by Alphonso Smith.

I vote that they should take Moore. He is the highest rated player overall on my board right now. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been taken.
I think bah007's right on the money, but I might be a little higher on Smith than I am Moore at this time.

IMO, if you're looking at an upgrade at WR (remember they still have Sweed) I'd go with Darrius Heyward-Bey. He's presently the best WR on my board. Harvin just scares the crap out of me sorta like Ginn did.

My .02
Old 02-11-2009   #367
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure about a WR pick. I think the top CB that fits their system could be good. But my pick for the steelers would be Herman Johnson, OG, LSU. Big nasty guy that will fit in perfectly as a right guard for the steelers and pave the way in run blocking for Parker and Mendenhall.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #368
Blake
MMQB

Since we cant come together on a CB, we are going to give them an OL.

The Pittsburgh Steelers select William Beatty, OL, Connecticut.

This concludes Round 1.

Round 2 is officially open.
Old 02-11-2009   #369
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm not sure about a WR pick. I think the top CB that fits their system could be good. But my pick for the steelers would be Herman Johnson, OG, LSU. Big nasty guy that will fit in perfectly as a right guard for the steelers and pave the way in run blocking for Parker and Mendenhall.
I think this would be a little high for Herman. And guards have to be special to go round 1.
Old 02-11-2009   #370
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think this would be a little high for Herman. And guards have to be special to go round 1.
So true. I think Herman will excel as a run blocking guard in the right system though.

Onto round two, guess I'm up!!
Old 02-11-2009   #371
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

With the 33rd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Clay Matthews, LB from USC.

Thoughts: Denver needs all the front 7 help they can get with switching to a 3-4 defense. They got an anchor at DE with Tyson Jackson in the 1st round. They need help at Safety so Chung was a very close selection here, but the upside of Matthews was too much for the Broncos to pass. This kid is shooting up the boards and will most likely be a last 1st/early 2nd round pick come draft time.

Clay is a great pass rushing LB, is smart, a good leader and will be able to help out on special teams as well. He's a versatile LB that they can move around in their 3-4 and even put him as a pass rushing DE occasionally when they show a 4-3 look. I can see New England and Miami sniffing him in the 1st round.

1st round- Tyson Jackon, DE, LSU
2nd round- Clay Matthews, LB, USC
Old 02-11-2009   #372
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Been a part of these mocks every time there has been one, going back to the old board.
All most no one shows up after round one. It really starts to get old waiting around for a pick and the mock goes on for weeks.
Those that do hang around take over the teams of the no shows. It comes down to eight to ten hardcore guys every year.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #373
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
With the 33rd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Clay Matthews, LB from USC.

Thoughts: Denver needs all the front 7 help they can get with switching to a 3-4 defense. They got an anchor at DE with Tyson Jackson in the 1st round. They need help at Safety so Chung was a very close selection here, but the upside of Matthews was too much for the Broncos to pass. This kid is shooting up the boards and will most likely be a last 1st/early 2nd round pick come draft time.

Clay is a great pass rushing LB, is smart, a good leader and will be able to help out on special teams as well. He's a versatile LB that they can move around in their 3-4 and even put him as a pass rushing DE occasionally when they show a 4-3 look. I can see New England and Miami sniffing him in the 1st round.

Looking good. Nice start to your new 3-4 defense.
Old 02-11-2009   #374
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
Been a part of these mocks every time there has been one, going back to the old board.
All most no one shows up after round one. It really starts to get old waiting around for a pick and the mock goes on for weeks.
Those that do hang around take over the teams of the no shows. It comes down to eight to ten hardcore guys every year.
Should we make a change on the fly?

Round 2-3 stay at 12 hour clock or 6 hour clock?

Users need to make sure to PM me their top 3-5 if they wont be around all day.
Old 02-11-2009   #375
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Six hours can get rough because guys work and not all can get to a computer. The pm idea to you is good. A list of three players how you consider ranked one, two, three.
Let it weed out to who is going to show and let the ones who come pick up the no show teams if most everyone agress to that.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #376
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
Six hours can get rough because guys work and not all can get to a computer. The pm idea to you is good. A list of three players how you consider ranked one, two, three.
Let it weed out to who is going to show and let the ones who come pick up the no show teams if most everyone agress to that.
I'm cool with this idea.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #377
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Should we make a change on the fly?

Round 2-3 stay at 12 hour clock or 6 hour clock?

Users need to make sure to PM me their top 3-5 if they wont be around all day.
I would say keep the 12 hour clock. Stuff happens. But if your pick comes up that doesn't mean you have to take the full 12 hours.

PM idea is a good one.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #378
Blake
MMQB

Ok 12 hour clock stays by popular demand and PM me if you know you wont be around often enough to make your pick that is coming up.

Also less worrying about trades and more focus on making your picks from here on out.
Old 02-11-2009   #379
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I would say keep the 12 hour clock. Stuff happens. But if your pick comes up that doesn't mean you have to take the full 12 hours.

PM idea is a good one.
I agree. I took almost the entire 24 hour clock, but that's because I was contemplating a trade and was waiting on a response from a member who has not been active in this draft at all. If we had a group of people who would fully participate then this thing would have been done already.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #380
danger6
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 danger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

Great picks for Denver's needs, OMT.
danger6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read