Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-09-2009   #341
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

I found a wr for Vince and the Titans .

Old 02-09-2009   #342
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans have needs at C, LB, DT, DE, CB, WR and QB. Certainly some of these potential needs could be solved via FA (from within and externally), notably re-signing Haynesworth. Bulluck's contract is up in 2009, contracts for Vanden Bosch and an aging Kearse are up in 2009, they have some coverage softness in Finnegan and an aging Harper. WR has always been an issue, but that can be solved later in the draft or FA, but I would rather shore up the QB position first before I start spending 1st round picks on the position. Finally, Mawae's contract is up next year and should retire.

I was intrigued by Harvin's availability, but the Titans are a team that excel in trench warfare and that begins with the running game. They must find a replacement for All-Pro Kevin Mawae, whose contract is up after next year. The pick here is Max Unger, as he can play all five positions, but excels in the interior. He could easily get reps all over the line in the first year and step into the starting C position in 2010.

Old 02-09-2009   #343
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am drafting for Arizona and am open to trade with the #31 pick. If you are interested in trading up pm me.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #344
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
No trade. Philadelphia selects Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina. Big Receiver with graet hands.
Dang it. I was hoping he would slide. Bah, nice pick.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #345
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I was intrigued by Harvin's availability, but the Titans are a team that excel in trench warfare and that begins with the running game.
I dream of us haing this label one day.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #346
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolverine Fan and D-Rek are going to finish off round 1. Then we have round 2 kicking off with Ole Miss Texan, YoungTexanFan and Jwarren.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #347
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Another surprise pick by the Titans (2 years in a row)! I'da guessed Wide Receiver but how often do we say that
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #348
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry this is taking so long guys, I'm trying to work a double trade at the moment, but one of the members is not responding and has not been active in this mock.

It's very frustrating, but don't worry I will make my pick or announce a trade before the 24 hour deadline.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-10-2009   #349
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Sorry this is taking so long guys, I'm trying to work a double trade at the moment, but one of the members is not responding and has not been active in this mock.

It's very frustrating, but don't worry I will make my pick or announce a trade before the 24 hour deadline.
Take your time. Gotta do what you gotta do!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #350
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can someone post the draft results thus far. I am thinking of trading up...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #351
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Can someone post the draft results thus far. I am thinking of trading up...
Look at the thread below this one in this forum.
Old 02-10-2009   #352
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

With the 31st pick the Arizona Cardinals select Louis Delmas, FS from Western Michigan.

Explanation: The Cardinals had poor secondary play last year and it showed in the Super Bowl. Outside of All-Pro Adrian Wilson nobody played that well. Last year's 1st round choice Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie started slow, but improved every game and played well for a rookie and hopefully he continues to get better. With Rodgers-Cromartie locking up one CB spot and Wilson at SS the Cardinals have two good players in the secondary, but also have a need at FS and the other CB spot. Antrel Rolle is not the answer at FS and may be moved back to CB if Delmas shows promise as a rookie.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-10-2009   #353
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 31st pick the Arizona Cardinals select Louis Delmas, FS from Western Michigan.

Explanation: The Cardinals had poor secondary play last year and it showed in the Super Bowl. Outside of All-Pro Adrian Wilson nobody played that well. Last year's 1st round choice Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie started slow, but improved every game and played well for a rookie and hopefully he continues to get better. With Rodgers-Cromartie locking up one CB spot and Wilson at SS the Cardinals have two good players in the secondary, but also have a need at FS and the other CB spot. Antrel Rolle is not the answer at FS and may be moved back to CB if Delmas shows promise as a rookie.
Not bad.

Getting the top ranked safety this late in the first round sounds like a good deal, especially if it fills a need.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #354
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Not bad.

Getting the top ranked safety this late in the first round sounds like a good deal, especially if it fills a need.
Well it was down to Safety or CB and I went with Delmas. As long as it was one of the top DB's that pick really couldn't go wrong.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-10-2009   #355
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nicely done, Wolverine. Good pick.
Old 02-10-2009   #356
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
With the 29th pick in the draft, the New York Giants select:

Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB, Ohio State

This was actually a tough choice. I hadn't planned on going after a RB until the later rounds. But with Wells falling to me and Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward becoming free agents, I have to get a RB to pair with Ahmad Bradshaw.
This is a great pick IMO. The Giants have a great offensive line in a power offense, and Chris Wells fits.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #357
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't look like D-ReK is going to make it on in time to make his pick.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #358
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Doesn't look like D-ReK is going to make it on in time to make his pick.
Another one bites the dust .
Old 02-11-2009   #359
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

We must have had about 1/3 of the drafters not show up for their pick and this is just the 1st round!

Just think how many will pass on their 2nd & 3rd round picks...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #360
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
We must have had about 1/3 of the drafters not show up for their pick and this is just the 1st round!

Just think how many will pass on their 2nd & 3rd round picks...
I know it's really sad. I had one trade offer done, but I was working on another one at the same time. Kind of like a package deal between the three of us, but the guy never replied and has only posted twice on this entire 19 page thread and the mods had to make his 1st round pick.

It's really annoying how alot of the members don't participate in the mock. The 2nd & 3rd rounds will most likely be unbearable.

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read