Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-06-2009   #281
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I control the Vikings (pick 22) and am open to a trade back. PM if interested
PM Sent.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #282
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Philadelphia selects LeSean McCoy RB Pitt.
It is time to give Westbrook some rest. McCoy is the guy to do this.

Some mocks have the Eagles taking Wells. I see McCoy as a better fit to the offense they run. The Eagles throw to their backs a lot. Wells only has 15 catches in his carrer.

In the draft, I look for the Eagles to trade these picks. One or both in some kind of deal for Anquan Boldin, a move down with one of them for a high 2 and a first next year, or both for a move up for someone they really like that falls.
Also I think they will make a big run at Jorden Gross in FA over drafting a tackle.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #283
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Personally I'm not a big fan of this pick. I just don't see the Jets selecting ANOTHER Tight End in the first round. Dustin Keller played very well and they've got good depth at that position.
Sure, everyone's a critic.

It was a balancing act of team need and BPA. I have no idea what kingkong means, but I just like him.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #284
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns have traded their 2nd (#36), 4th and 6th round picks to the Vikings for their 1st round pick (#22).

The Browns have traded up so they can make sure they get their man.

Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia.

With the Patriots, Dolphins, Ravens, and Steelers all coming up before the Browns 2nd round pick I needed to address the Browns most pressing need. A pass rush OLB for their 3-4 defense.

Eric Mangini continues to build in the trenches (I consider the LB's of a 3-4 defense as in the trenches) with Andre Smith and Clint Sintim.
Old 02-07-2009   #285
Blake
MMQB

Up Next:

23 Texan in Japan
24. Atlanta Falcons
24 Texan JBZ
25. Miami Dolphins 25 HOU-TEX
Old 02-07-2009   #286
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

This trading thing makes it a little weird. People don't have to feel the full effect of their trades because we don't go past the 3rd round.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #287
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
This trading thing makes it a little weird. People don't have to feel the full effect of their trades because we don't go past the 3rd round.
Seems like some people have a problem where trades are not allowed and some people have an issue when trades are allowed.
Old 02-07-2009   #288
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks are very valuable to teams and are an important part of the draft. The problem is it's not as fun b/c we won't get to actually use those picks and select a player. But its a very real part of the draft and the more selections you accumulate the better chances you have to get some good players.

No future picks or current nfl players are being allowed to be used, and with good reason I think. I think if you don't want to accumulate later round picks b/c you can't use them (in this draft) then don't trade down. But texanseminole, I agree to an extent, some people may not care if they give up their 4th through 7th round picks in total... so in that sense it could be unrealistic.

Nice selection with Sintim, he should be a great fit as a 3-4 LB.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 02-07-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #289
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks are very valuable to teams and are an important part of the draft. The problem is it's not as fun b/c we won't get to actually use those picks and select a player. But its a very real part of the draft and the more selections you accumulate the better chances you have to get some good players.

No future picks or current nfl players are being allowed to be used, and with good reason I think. I think if you don't want to accumulate later round picks b/c you can't use them (in this draft) then don't trade down. But texanseminole, I agree to an extent, some people may not care if they give up their 4th through 7th round picks in total... so in that sense it could be unrealistic.

Thanks.

In regards to trading picks being unrealistic may I remind yall of the Ricky Williams trade.

I needed to trade up to get my OLB before other 3-4 teams were up and to make the deal fair I gave up a 4th and a 6th. Doesnt mean I cant trade down in the 3rd and get back a 6th or something.

Also I think when we are done with the three rounds, people will take into account the fact that you accumulated extra picks as well.
Old 02-07-2009   #290
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Seems like some people have a problem where trades are not allowed and some people have an issue when trades are allowed.
The only thing about it is that it creates incentive to make this thing unrealistic. If you aren't making the picks for rounds 4-7 then why wouldn't you trade them off to make an extra pick in the mock. Other than that it's cool.

Oh I like your Sintim pick alot. He was my #2 player on the board at the time and he fits a need. Great pick!

I think Sintim can play both ILB and OLB in the 3-4. Kind of the way Timmons played for the Steelers this year. You can move him around. He can do all three things. First off he can tackle, he can also cover, and finally he can BLITZ. I can see the Browns moving Sintim around before the snap to confuse offenses. Wimbley is more of a stationary pass rusher, but Sintim I think is more versatile.

Quote:
But texanseminole, I agree to an extent, some people may not care if they give up their 4th through 7th round picks in total... so in that sense it could be unrealistic.

Wow way to make my exact post 15 minutes before I make it.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 02-07-2009 at 12:22 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #291
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In regards to trading picks being unrealistic may I remind yall of the Ricky Williams trade.
No one would be dumb enought to.... oh wait your right... LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Wow way to make my exact post 15 minutes before I make it.

Quote:
Also I think when we are done with the three rounds, people will take into account the fact that you accumulated extra picks as well.
That's what I'm thinking too. This reminds me of the old Draft format where the 1st day was rounds 1-3. We're just doing the 1st day but we can look forward to Day 2 and see which teams have picked up some extra picks and who has lost out on some.
Old 02-07-2009   #292
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No one would be dumb enought to.... oh wait your right... LOL

That's what I'm thinking too. This reminds me of the old Draft format where the 1st day was rounds 1-3. We're just doing the 1st day but we can look forward to Day 2 and see which teams have picked up some extra picks and who has lost out on some.
I'll trade my 4th , 5th, 6th, and 7th for a 2nd .
Old 02-07-2009   #293
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'll trade my 4th , 5th, 6th, and 7th for a 2nd .
That would probably get you a 3rd and I'd consider it... but won't during this mock b/c in real life it simply wouldn't happen.
Old 02-07-2009   #294
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That would probably get you a 3rd and I'd consider it... but won't during this mock b/c in real life it simply wouldn't happen.
I figured I'd be playing with free money ... kinda like a bailout .
Old 02-07-2009   #295
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Easy way to settle this, lets go 7 rounds. Im down.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #296
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Easy way to settle this, lets go 7 rounds. Im down.
That's an awful idea... I LOVE IT! haha, I think people would lose interest WAY too early, though. In all honesty, I would.
Old 02-07-2009   #297
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85187 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's an awful idea... I LOVE IT! haha, I think people would lose interest WAY too early, though. In all honesty, I would.
Most people that watch the draft only watch the 1st or 2nd round. Not many people make it past the first day. I love to watch the whole draft just to see where every team is going, but I doubt we would make it past the 4th round in this thing before most people stopped showing up. Even now we have people that don't log in to make their team's 1st round pick! I would love to do a 7 rd mock, but there just isn't enough committed posters here to do that.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #298
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to do all 7 rounds.

And in response to the trade that Super Mario and I made, it was very. There was nobody I wanted that would not be available at the 36 slot, and if one looks at the value chart, the trade is within 4 or 7 points of each other.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #299
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I would love to do all 7 rounds.

And in response to the trade that Super Mario and I made, it was very. There was nobody I wanted that would not be available at the 36 slot, and if one looks at the value chart, the trade is within 4 or 7 points of each other.
Man you can tell who the draft kunkies are around here.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #300
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are using the draft pick value chart then I think all picks after the 3rd round should count as 0 points. They aren't worth anything in this draft.

As I said earlier, I like mocks with trades, but this type of thing inspires a "Madden" mentality where some people will try to unload all their picks in an attempt to get three or four players in the top 50. It's not realistic unless there is some kind of bonus involved for receving picks after the third round...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read