Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-04-2009   #221
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

dang... now I gotta edit the picks page...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #222
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #223
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Done. Wasnt as dificult as I thought it would be. A little copy and paste magic.

Great trade guys. This mock is turning out to be very interesting on how quickly things can change on draft day.

Philip W Redskins are up.
johndoe Saints are on deck.
DAH DAH! Lork 88 and the Houston Texans are in the hole @ #15.

I will be offline probably the rest of the night. But keep them picks coming if you can. Be back @ 7am.

Last edited by Blake; 02-04-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-04-2009   #224
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My bad. I told myself I was gonna make a move after Staford was off the board.

Last edited by BigBull17; 02-04-2009 at 07:43 PM.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #225
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

We even had a visit from Mel Kiper .
Old 02-04-2009   #226
Blake
MMQB

UPDATE: Per PhilipW's PM the Washington Redskins select Eben Britton, OT, Arizona.

PhilipW will weight in on this when he gets back.
Old 02-04-2009   #227
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I did the Drafttek thing and entered our top 5 picks and blocked out Matt Stafford for the Texans .

http://www.drafttek.com/simulator/PrintReport.aspx
Old 02-04-2009   #228
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

With the 14th pick of the draft, the New orleans Saints select VONTAE DAVIS CB ILLINOIS!!!
Old 02-04-2009   #229
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

These are the second round selections after the DEN-DET trade:

33. DEN (f/Det)
34. KC
35. STL
36. CLE
37. SEA
38. CIN
39. JAC
40. OAK
41. GB
42. BUF
43. SF
44. MIA
45. NYG
46. HOU
47. NE
48. DEN
49. CHI
50. TB
51. DAL
52. PHI
53. NYJ
54. MIN
55. ATL
56. MIA
57. BAL
58. NE
59. CAR
60. NYG
61. IND
62. TEN
63. ARI
64. PIT

Last edited by bah007; 02-04-2009 at 08:32 PM.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #230
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

These are the third round selections after the DEN-DET trade:

65. DET
66. STL
67. KC
68. SEA
69. DAL
70. CIN
71. OAK
72. JAC
73. GB
74. SF
75. BUF
76. NYJ
77. HOU
78. SD
79. DET (f/Den)
80. WAS
81. TB
82. DET
83. PHI
84. GB
85. CLE
86. MIN
87. MIA
88. BAL
89. NE
90. ATL
91. NYG
92. IND
93. CAR
94. TEN
95. ARI
96. PIT
Old 02-04-2009   #231
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Da na nuh.... da na nuh.. ESPN Breaking news... This is Mel Kiper, Jr. and we have just learned that the Detroit Lions have traded up into Denver's #12 selection spot. What picks are involved is unknown but I'll be first to find out becuase I think I know everything and will let you know if these teams are as smart as me and my big ass head.

---------------

Okay folks we have learned that the Detroit Lions will be giving up their #20 overall pick (originally Dallas' 1st rd pick given to Detroit during the Roy Williams trade). Along with this, it is reported the Lions will also be giving up their 2nd round pick (#33 overall pick or the 1st pick in the 2nd round).

Denver in return, will be giving up their 1st round pick #12, as well as their 3rd and 4th round selections.

Trade analysis:

Denver
1st (12): 1,200 points
3rd (12th?): 210 points
4th (12th?): 78 points
1,488 total points

Detroit
1st (20): 850 points
2nd (33): 580 points
1,430 points

Mel Kiper, Jr. back here folks and it looks like these two GMs are awesome. Get these guys some models or actresses or shoot, I have some lovely flowing beautiful hair! This is a great trade for both teams. Denver misses out on their two top guys in BJ Raji and Rey Maualuga. Detroit, after taking Aaron Curry #1 overall can trade up for another real playmaker. Detroit now has THREE 3rd picks. This sets up well for a team in need of rebuilding.
I know the trade has already occured, but how did Denver get away with trading a 4th round pick in a 3 round mock? Or this going longer than 3 rounds?
Old 02-04-2009   #232
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I know the trade has already occured, but how did Denver get away with trading a 4th round pick in a 3 round mock? Or this going longer than 3 rounds?
I think the rule on it was that you can't trade players or future draft picks. But you can trade this years picks from whatever round. You should just try to make the points on the chart come relatively close.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #233
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really want to apologize to everyone for not making my pick, I did not realize that it was this week. I was in St Barts for my step dads 40th and had no internet. Once again sorry!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #234
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I really want to apologize to everyone for not making my pick, I did not realize that it was this week. I was in St Barts for my step dads 40th and had no internet. Once again sorry!
Not your fault.

Most people thought we were starting after the Super Bowl and I think we started early.
Old 02-04-2009   #235
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Detroit Lions BigBull17 Aaron Curry, OLB Wake Forest
2. St. Louis Rams Jwarren14 Michael Crabtree, WR Texas Tech
3. Kansas City Chiefs YoungTexanFan Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
4. Seattle Seahawks Mari-OWNED! Malcolm Jenkins - Cornerback, Ohio State

5. Cleveland Browns Super Mario Andre Smith, LT Bama
6. Cincinnati Bengals imatexan Michael Oher, OL Ole Miss.
7. Oakland Raiders steroids Jason Smith, OL Baylor.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars Ryan Rey Maualuga, ILB U.S.C.
9. Green Bay Packers Honoring Earl34 BJ Raji, DT Boston College
10. San Francisco 49ers Mussop Matthew Stafford, QB Georgia
11. Buffalo Bills DiehardChris Brian Orakpo, DE Texas
12. Detroit Lions BigBull17 Mark Sanchez, QB U.S.C.
13. Washington Redskins PhilipW Eben Britton, OT Arizona
14. New Orleans Saints johndoe
15. Houston Texans LORK 88
16. San Diego Chargers JCTexan

A little update...

This has been interesting. Some really good talent still on the board here.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #236
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 348 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
UPDATE: Per PhilipW's PM the Washington Redskins select Eben Britton, OT, Arizona.

PhilipW will weight in on this when he gets back.

Eben Britton, Arizona
Height: 6-6. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2009): Top 25 Pick.
1/6/09: Eben Britton, who recently declared for the 2009 NFL Draft, has seen his stock soar ever since Arizona moved him over to left tackle.

7/27/08: An athletic tackle who earned a spot on the All-Pac-10 second team as a sophomore.

Washington is in dire need of o-line help and get an instant starter in Britton. Almost went DE here but the top guys don't seem to be Redskin type ends.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #237
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Sorry guys I didn't know we were starting this thing so early. Mauluga most likely would have been my choice anyway, but i might've taken Beanie Wells in a trade down scenario or maybe at the #8 spot so the Jags could have a replacement for Fred Taylor.
Old 02-04-2009   #238
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

14. New Orleans Saints johndoe

A little update...

This has been interesting. Some really good talent still on the board here.
You missed the Saints pick.

14. New Orleans Saints johndoe Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #239
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
We probably won't go 4 rounds or anything but it's still part of "the draft". It makes it tough to trade any distance if you can't use future picks. It may not be fun to get those future picks since you can't use them to draft a player for this mock but I think it should still count towards your overall 'grade' if you will.
Old 02-04-2009   #240
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

There's a Selection Thread stickied right below this discussion thread for the official selections. It's been updated up to th Washington pick (excludes N.O.'s pick of Vontae). Nice pick by the way!

Texans are up, can't wait to see who it is!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read