Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-04-2009   #201
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52652 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Someone help me out here. Who did Cleveland take?

1. Detroit Lions - Aaron Curry, OLB Wake Forest
2. St. Louis Rams - Michael Crabtree, WR,
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
4. Seattle Seahawks - Malcolm Jenkins - Cornerback, Ohio State
5. Cleveland Browns - ??????????????????
6. Cincinnati Bengals Michael Oher, OL, Ole Miss.
7. Oakland Raiders - Jason Smith, OL, Baylor.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Rey Maualuga, ILB, U.S.C.
9. Green Bay Packers - BJ Raji, NT, Boston College.
10. San Francisco 49ers - Mussop
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #202
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

Andre Smith - LT - Bama
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58239
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #203
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52652 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole miss texan View Post
thanks!!
Old 02-04-2009   #204
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

OMT is correct. It was Andre Smith. You can check the thread that OMT provided, or check my signature. It will have the link to the selection thread.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #205
mussop
Hall of Fame

What are the rules on trading out? I know I have to use the chart and can only trade this years picks.
Old 02-04-2009   #206
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are the rules on trading out? I know I have to use the chart and can only trade this years picks.
This years picks only.
No trading players on the roster, but you can trade players that you have drafted in the 2009 mock draft.
You don't have to use the chart, we just want to keep it fair.
Old 02-04-2009   #207
mussop
Hall of Fame

San Francisco selects

Matthew Stafford QB 6-3, 237 Georgia

Dont see how they could pass up the #1 rated QB at #10.
Old 02-04-2009   #208
Blake
MMQB

I like it. Got a franchise QB at #10.

DieHardChris Bills are on the clock.

Then Ole Miss Texan Broncos.

Then PhilipW Redskins.
Old 02-04-2009   #209
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the main boards version .

http://boards.houstontexans.com/show...465#post179465

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RD.1
1.Detroit~ johndoe(1)- Matt Stafford QB Georgia
2.St. Louis~ HuttoKarl(1)- Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
3.Kansas City~ HuttoKarl(2)- Everette Brown DE Florida State
4.Seattle~ TMac48- Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
5.Cleveland~ zanth91(1)- Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
6.Cincinnati~ go2skoos- Andre Smith OT Alabama
7.Oakland~ steelbtexan- Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
8.Jacksonville~ GoldenHolden(1)- B.J. Raji DT Boston College
9.Green Bay~ FILOMAN(1)- Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
10.San Francisco~ musicman8251- Mark Sanchez QB USC
11.Buffalo~ yosarian- Brian Orakpo DE Texas
12.Denver~ JCTexan(1)- Ray Maualuga LB USC
Old 02-04-2009   #210
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 11th pick in the Texans Talk Member Mock Draft, Chris, on behalf of the Buffalo Bills selects:

BRIAN ORAKPO, DE, University of Texas

Explanation
This one's easy. The Bills have an even worse pass rush than the Texans, and if Aaron Schobel rebounds from his injury - the Bills might be on the fast-track to having one of the better pass rushes in the AFC. Of course that's a big if - but with DE perhaps being Buffalo's biggest need - they're thrilled to select Orakpo, who at this early pre-NFL Combine stage is the top DE in the draft.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #211
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This has gone by quick today. The Denver Broncos are now entertaining trade offers. I've got to head home soon so can't make the selection until tonight at the earliest to give y'all an E.T.S. (estimated time of selection)

Again, if anybody wants to trade up for any player please PM me quickly or I will make a selection or take someone else's offer.

Notable Players left:
Mark Sanchez (not Stafford!)- possible teams DETROIT!!!!! Vikings, Bears, Bucs... anybody?
Everrette Brown- you guys all need pass rushers.
Knowshon Moreno- best RB in the draft?
Vontae Davis- incredible athlete!

PM now or miss out on your favorite player.

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 02-04-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2009   #212
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
This has gone by quick today. The Denver Broncos are now entertaining trade offers. I've got to head home soon so can't make the selection until tonight at the earliest to give y'all an E.T.S. (estimated time of selection)

Again, if anybody wants to trade up for any player please PM me quickly or I will make a selection or take someone else's offer.

Notable Players left:
Matthew Stafford - possible teams DETROIT!!!!! Vikings, Bears, Bucs... anybody?
Everrette Brown- you guys all need pass rushers.
Knowshon Moreno- best RB in the draft?
Vontae Davis- incredible athlete!

PM now or miss out on your favorite player.
Stafford was selected by the 49ers.
Old 02-04-2009   #213
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Stafford was selected by the 49ers.
Hey I'll take any offers

I meant Sanchez!
Old 02-04-2009   #214
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I feel like I can't stress enough... I'm interested in trading down.

There's one offer on the table (that is not in my favor) that I'm seriously considering taking. So let me know if you have even the least bit of interest, you can probably get a good deal.
Old 02-04-2009   #215
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I feel like I can't stress enough... I'm interested in trading down.

There's one offer on the table (that is not in my favor) that I'm seriously considering taking. So let me know if you have even the least bit of interest, you can probably get a good deal.
I was in the same boat but whats the use in trading down when its just a first round mock? Anyway Stafford was a logical choice for SF. Personnally I dont think that highly of him.
Old 02-04-2009   #216
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was in the same boat but whats the use in trading down when its just a first round mock? Anyway Stafford was a logical choice for SF. Personnally I dont think that highly of him.

Isn't it a 3 round mock?

Not that it makes much of a difference.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #217
Blake
MMQB

This is three rounds.
Old 02-04-2009   #218
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
This is three rounds.

Oh I missed that. Cool! I still think Stafford was the right choice anyway.
Old 02-04-2009   #219
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Da na nuh.... da na nuh.. ESPN Breaking news... This is Mel Kiper, Jr. and we have just learned that the Detroit Lions have traded up into Denver's #12 selection spot. What picks are involved is unknown but I'll be first to find out becuase I think I know everything and will let you know if these teams are as smart as me and my big ass head.

---------------

Okay folks we have learned that the Detroit Lions will be giving up their #20 overall pick (originally Dallas' 1st rd pick given to Detroit during the Roy Williams trade). Along with this, it is reported the Lions will also be giving up their 2nd round pick (#33 overall pick or the 1st pick in the 2nd round).

Denver in return, will be giving up their 1st round pick #12, as well as their 3rd and 4th round selections.

Trade analysis:

Denver
1st (12): 1,200 points
3rd (12th?): 210 points
4th (12th?): 78 points
1,488 total points

Detroit
1st (20): 850 points
2nd (33): 580 points
1,430 points

Mel Kiper, Jr. back here folks and it looks like these two GMs are awesome. Get these guys some models or actresses or shoot, I have some lovely flowing beautiful hair! This is a great trade for both teams. Denver misses out on their two top guys in BJ Raji and Rey Maualuga. Detroit, after taking Aaron Curry #1 overall can trade up for another real playmaker. Detroit now has THREE 3rd picks. This sets up well for a team in need of rebuilding.
Old 02-04-2009   #220
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 12th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Lions select

Mark Sanchez, QB USC.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read