Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-03-2009   #181
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That was a weird case.

They let Julius Jones go, which must have made Marion Barber happy. Then they draft Felix Jones, which must have made Marion Barber wonder. Then they draft Tashard Choice, which was a head scratcher.

And they ended up needing all of them and it wasn't enough.
My point exactly!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #182
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I really like Moreno and think he'd be a great player on our team but I would still be dissappointed in the pick. If it comes down to not having any defensive players of value at #15 I really hope we trade down. I'm not a fan of spending an early pick on RB especially with Slaton showing he's our primary guy. I don't want to spend a 1st rd pick on a situational player unless he becomes one of the best pass rushers in the league... that's the only position.
As usual agree with your assesment OMT. I think there is better value for this team at defense specifically LB in the 1st round. The one thing that does however, attract me to a pick like Moreno at 15 is who totes the rock IF Steve Slaton goes down? Brown might be back next year, Ahman is likely cut and while Moats didn't look terrible can he take a big load? What round do we go RB at? I think a guy like Shonn Green or McCoy would fit nicely but how long will they stay around? Jeremiah Johnson in the third? The offense exploded this year because we got a consistent running game going with Slaton and my worry is it will regress big time if Slaton goes down early.

Peyton finished the year strong and lead his team into the playoffs but I think pound for pound you could make a very strong case that no player meant more to their team then Slaton. Of course that's JMO.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #183
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Of coarse Dallas has problems in the locker room but its not because of them drafting Felix Jones when they already had Marion Barber.
I don't know...wasn't there a bit of a rift between Barber and Ol' Jerry midseason about Barber's will to play? Would you play for a guy who drafted not only your replacement, but his back up as well? It could've had an effect. With that soap opera ERRRR locker room, anything is not only possible but likely.

If all else falls through, take another OL guy even if it means shuffling the positions. Even with improved play they were at best average. Sad thing is, with guys like Brisel, Myers (even Pitts, but only because of his age) I think that they are just about maxed out as a group.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #184
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My point exactly!
Although I do think we take a RB somewhere in this draft, I don't think it's going to be in the first 3 rounds.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #185
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, why do I have Carolina?

I forgot that they don't have pick in the first round.

LAME!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #186
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Although I do think we take a RB somewhere in this draft, I don't think it's going to be in the first 3 rounds.
This line of thinking is exactly what I am talking about. If a RB is BPA why not draft him??? Just because Slaton is good doesnt mean that the RB position cant be upgraded. Remember this is a running offense.
Old 02-03-2009   #187
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Moreno is listed at 207 lbs. I think I remember something that Kubiak said about looking at guys in the 215-230 range. I don't think 7 lbs. will matter, I think we really just need a guy who can run straight into the trenches and not be on the ground at first contact.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #188
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Moreno is listed at 207 lbs. I think I remember something that Kubiak said about looking at guys in the 215-230 range. I don't think 7 lbs. will matter, I think we really just need a guy who can run straight into the trenches and not be on the ground at first contact.
LeSean McCoy is the best RB in this draft IMO. He also could be the BPA when we pick. If we couldnt trade down I would be happy with him. He brings eveything to the table that Slaton does only he hits the hole faster. He and Slaton would be a dynamic duo.

Why draft a lesser player that has less chance to pan out just because he plays defense? I would rather make a strenght stronger.
Old 02-03-2009   #189
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This line of thinking is exactly what I am talking about. If a RB is BPA why not draft him??? Just because Slaton is good doesnt mean that the RB position cant be upgraded. Remember this is a running offense.
But remember that it's pretty rare for this group of guys to draft RB's in the first couple of rounds anyway. They were willing to wait until the 3rd and take a "3rd down back" when all they had was Ahman Green.

If an RB is the BPA available, I wouldn't be too upset if they took them. I'd just be very surprised because I don't think they put the same value on that position that a lot of people do. I think they think they can get another great RB later.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #190
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steroids View Post
Sorry about that. Skip this section of the board for 3 days and the MB in general for 36 hours and I hold up a mock draft. Wouldn't have gone Smith, but won't name names as I don't want to throw off your draft.

Good luck!
Who would you have taken? Its not too late to change since Ryan hasnt picked yet.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #191
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Who would you have taken? Its not too late to change since Ryan hasnt picked yet.
What time does Ryan turn into a pumpkin ?

I wouldn't be opposed to start over and you have to send two prospects one pick before it's your pick or you'll pick for them .
Old 02-04-2009   #192
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What time does Ryan turn into a pumpkin ?

I wouldn't be opposed to start over and you have to send two prospects one pick before it's your pick or you'll pick for them .
12pm.

We are going to move this to a 12 hour clock.

Anyone can email me their list in case they arent here to pick.
Old 02-04-2009   #193
Blake
MMQB

The Jags need help in the middle of their line, but that can wait until round 2 and 3. The Jags select their MLB of the future... Rey Maualuga, ILB, U.S.C.
Old 02-04-2009   #194
Blake
MMQB

Per Honoring Earl 34's PM, The Packers Select BJ Raji, NT, Boston College.
Old 02-04-2009   #195
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Jags need help in the middle of their line, but that can wait until round 2 and 3. The Jags select their MLB of the future... Rey Maualuga, ILB, U.S.C.
So with that move are they willing to let Mike Peterson walk? IF so I think we could use his services.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #196
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Per Honoring Earl 34's PM, The Packers Select BJ Raji, NT, Boston College.
We're on a roll now .
Old 02-04-2009   #197
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
We're on a roll now .
I assume he will be the anchor of your new Dom Capers 3-4 defense?

Maybe you can snag an OLB like Clint Sintim in the 2nd?

Mussop and the #10 49ers are on the clock.
Old 02-04-2009   #198
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I assume he will be the anchor of your new Dom Capers 3-4 defense?

Maybe you can snag an OLB like Clint Sintim in the 2nd?

Mussop and the #10 49ers are on the clock.
I figured the gap between Raji and the next NG was greater than Brown and as you said ... Sintin . I might had looked at OT if one fell or Jenkins .

I also considered the Patriots , Steelers , and Ravens , all took NGs in the 1st round for their 3-4 . I think Raji is like Wolfork .

As for the ... we're on a roll comment ... it meant we made two picks in one day .
Old 02-04-2009   #199
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it very interesting that the 49ers are on the clock and BOTH Stafford and Sanchez are still available. Singletary seems to like Hill, but I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted one of these quarterbacks should one or both fall this far.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #200
mussop
Hall of Fame

Allright let me go through and see whos left.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read