Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-28-2009   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default red socks / blue socks

I'm obsessed with the Texans. That's a fact. It's the off season for Texans fans, also a fact. I was watching highlights today. Did you know that after week 4 we stopped wearing red socks and switched to blue?

I'm disappointed. As many of you know, I'm always pushing for consistency with our image since we are a young franchise. Plus, red socks just looked better.

Don't you think Dale?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: red socks / blue socks

You're talking about with the road white uniforms, right? I noticed that at some point in the middle of the season and wondered how long they'd been doing that.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you also notice that after we...err they stopped wearing red soxs we....err they also won more games then the red sox period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah. to my understanding the road white is white socks-red leggings, blue pants and white jerseys. but after that game it was white socks-blue leggings, blue pants etc...

this is the official setup: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nation-HOU.PNG

But they are missing the sock change. Maybe the laundry was just not done. I know socks are the first thing to go for me.
Old 01-29-2009   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I'm obsessed with the Texans. That's a fact. It's the off season for Texans fans, also a fact. I was watching highlights today. Did you know that after week 4 we stopped wearing red socks and switched to blue?

I'm disappointed. As many of you know, I'm always pushing for consistency with our image since we are a young franchise. Plus, red socks just looked better.

Don't you think Dale?
You know me, the more loud colors the better. One can never be too flashy or accessorize too much!

Barrett, here's a question for you: Would you rather have the best uniform in the NFL, and win 10 games or have the worst uniform in the NFL and win 11- for this scenario, the Texans would be a wild card team either way?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

10 wins and look snazzy! The pats look like clowns and won 11 and didn't make the playoffs.

PapaL - let's not got there. the sock change caused us to blow the lead against the Colts too. socks can go both ways.

Dale it's not about loud colors, but it is about accessories. The solid uni is a modern fad. Football uniforms through the years have been a strange blend of lack of fashion sense and too many different pieces of clothing. You have the outer sock - White. The inner, longer sock - white. The legging that goes under the inner, longer sock and over the knee up to the wierd man short-capri pant things that lead to the jersey etc... and then you've got a bunch of dudes sitting around a table trying to make a "uniform" out of all that. and if you don't do it right, it can cost you games!!!

Last edited by barrett; 01-29-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-29-2009   #7
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember a radio interview with David Anderson on 1560 about this topic. They switched because the players were basically begging to change the sock color to blue. They thought the red looked bad. And they stuck with it.
Old 01-29-2009   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I remember a radio interview with David Anderson on 1560 about this topic. They switched because the players were basically begging to change the sock color to blue. They thought the red looked bad. And they stuck with it.
I bet Will Demps started it.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #9
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed it the first game they changed...it took me about a quarter of thinking to myself that something looked weird.

I don't mind the blue socks, but I liked the red better. Of coarse the first time they wear them they get their first win against the Dolphins in the last seconds of the game...so you knew they were around to stay.

Blue socks:

swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #10
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

vs red socks

The more I look at it the more I hope they go back. I'm not a fan of the leotard look the blue socks give. There needs to be some sort of contrast below the knees.

But look at the Titans....at least we don't wear that garbage for a uniform. I rank ours up at the very top in the league, and I say that as a fan of good graphic design and not a Texans fan. An instant classic. (except when they wear all red)

Last edited by swisher; 01-29-2009 at 06:32 PM.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #11
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

Don't you think Dale?
Well I'm glad we quit wearing them after 4 games, because we lost those 4 games. Please stay away from the red socks, and keep the blue ones.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We really don't have enough uniform combinations. Tradition be damned! We need a different uni combo for each individual game!
Old 02-03-2009   #13
barrett
Hall of Fame

the red balanced the colors quite nicely. with the blue socks it's too blue heavy. i don't approve.
Old 02-03-2009   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think the red socks look better, but....

As long as they can put a "W" up on the board, they can wear lime green & pink!! (might make the other team go blind - advantage Texans?)
Old 02-03-2009   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

red is our victory color.
Old 02-03-2009   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I think the blue ones look better, but then again I'm partially colorblind, so don't ask me...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read