Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-03-2009   #161
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I dont undestand this line of thinking. First off I doubt Slaton gives a flying duck what the Texans do with their first pick. Slaton stays healthy this year and continues to play well he will get his money. Secondly the RB position is very important to our offense. Why not have at our disposal another serious offensive threat for depth at a position that takes such a pounding and is so important in keeping our offense going. If Slaton gets banged up and we dont have a good replacement for him teams will unload on Schaub and this team will fall apart.
Well then he is a very rare humane being indeed.

My first off I dunno.....Slaton bums his ankle. Moreno comes in and lightes it up for a while....then gets the fumbles... They put Slaton back in.....he lights it up for a while....then bums the ankle again... now you've got two guys doing well and filp of a coin who's to start and get the majority of the touches....in this system....one guy is going to get the touches.....and everyone has an opion....including all of the players locker room.....that my freind is the disaster. They choose Moreno....Slaton moves into the third down back role....his money, which you say he doesn't care about, just went floating down the river...Now you've got a divided locker room. You're screwed....kiss off '09.
Got it now ?

All oars in the water going in the same direction. Doesn't work any other way.

Is Steve Slaton the man in Houston or not ? Drafting a runningback high says to me no he is not...and guess what ? Steve Slaton will get the message also...he's only humane. No back befor the third round please.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-03-2009 at 02:14 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #162
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well then he is a very rare humane being indeed.

My first off I dunno.....Slaton bums his ankle. Moreno comes in and lightes it up for a while....then gets the fumbles... They put Slaton back in.....he lights it up for a while....then bums the ankle again... now you've got two guys doing well and filp of a coin who's to start and get the majority of the touches....in this system....one guy is going to get the touches.....and everyone has an opion....including all of the players locker room.....that my freind is the disaster. They choose Moreno....Slaton moves into the third down back role....his money, which you say he doesn't care about, just went floating down the river...Now you've got a divided locker room. You're screwed....kiss off '09.
Got it now ?

All oars in the water going in the same direction. Doesn't work any other way.

Is Steve Slaton the man in Houston or not ? Drafting a runningback high says to me no he is not...and guess what ? Steve Slaton will get the message also...he's only humane. No back befor the third round please.
Sorry but I really think you are reaching here. In the last few years Tennesse, Dallas, Carolina and Pittsburg have all drafted a RB in the first round while having a very good RB already in place. Havent heard of any problems from their locker rooms.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #163
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dallas, Havent heard of any problems from their locker rooms.
uh....fo reals?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #164
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do folks join these mocks and then not check in for a day ... .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #165
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
In this situation, I think Oakland is really only looking at J. Smith, Maclin, and Orakpo.
While everyone in Oakland will be screaming for some o line help or D line help, Al Davis will do the unthinkable and draft Maclin Which I think would be kinda stupid with the players that are left on the board.

Im going to make Steroid's pick by noon so we can keep this thing going.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #166
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I know what you mean! It's very aggravating!
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #167
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Obviously I'm here darn near every day when in town, but I guess I missed the beginning of the thread. So I can't play.
Old 02-03-2009   #168
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
That's what I've been thinking. How do they feel about Mario Henderson developing as a tackle? Will he be their long term solution at LT or RT? They could have a good tandem with Smith on the left and Henderson on the right.

But since that would be the smart thing to do, they probably will go with Maclin or a pass rusher like yall have mentioned.

What are your thoughts on going w/ Vontae Davis? Asomugha will probably be gone next year and Deangelo Hall was cut? or still with the team. Al could fall in love with Vontae.
Honestly, it's impossible to predict what Al Davis is going to do. Vontae Davis is an elite athlete who has never played to his potential and has serious questions about his heart and effort.

How could he NOT wind up in Dallas or Oakland?...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #169
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like the Raiders need a LT like Smith, or a DT like Raji. Anyone? Anyone?

Maclin a close third.
Old 02-03-2009   #170
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Obviously I'm here darn near every day when in town, but I guess I missed the beginning of the thread. So I can't play.
I think there may be a team still available. I seem to remember someone having to cover 2 teams.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #171
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think there may be a team still available. I seem to remember someone having to cover 2 teams.
HOU-TEX can have the Dolphins if you want. I am the last person drafting for 2 teams.

Steroids has 1 hour to pick before I post his pick here. It has already been decided.
Old 02-03-2009   #172
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
HOU-TEX can have the Dolphins if you want. I am the last person drafting for 2 teams.

Steroids has 1 hour to pick before I post his pick here. It has already been decided.
Cool, I'll take the Phins.

To me, the obvious choice for the Raiders is Smith. BUT, with Al 'Psycho' Davis making the call it'll likely be someone who lights it up at the combine. If a WR turns in an awesome combine you can pencil him in as the Raiders pick.
Old 02-03-2009   #173
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry but I really think you are reaching here. In the last few years Tennesse, Dallas, Carolina and Pittsburg have all drafted a RB in the first round while having a very good RB already in place. Havent heard of any problems from their locker rooms.
These are 4 teams with alot of talent that could afford to take a luxury player. We cant.
Old 02-03-2009   #174
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
These are 4 teams with alot of talent that could afford to take a luxury player. We cant.
The 2005 draft had three RB's taken in the top 5. They obviously had alot of holes to fill and still took a luxury player. So why can these teams do it, but the Texans cant?

My thought is that teams draft based on need and BPA most of the time. The Texans have a need for RB, but don't draft RB's in round 1 and have Slaton, so a 2nd round pick like Shonn Greene or 3rd round Jeremiah Johnson would make more sense to me.
Old 02-03-2009   #175
Blake
MMQB

The Oakland Raiders Select Jason Smith, OL, Baylor.
Old 02-03-2009   #176
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Moreno and think he'd be a great player on our team but I would still be dissappointed in the pick. If it comes down to not having any defensive players of value at #15 I really hope we trade down. I'm not a fan of spending an early pick on RB especially with Slaton showing he's our primary guy. I don't want to spend a 1st rd pick on a situational player unless he becomes one of the best pass rushers in the league... that's the only position.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #177
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
The 2005 draft had three RB's taken in the top 5. They obviously had alot of holes to fill and still took a luxury player. So why can these teams do it, but the Texans cant?

My thought is that teams draft based on need and BPA most of the time. The Texans have a need for RB, but don't draft RB's in round 1 and have Slaton, so a 2nd round pick like Shonn Greene or 3rd round Jeremiah Johnson would make more sense to me.
They all needed Running Backs. They didn't have a guy as good as Slaton.
Old 02-03-2009   #178
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
uh....fo reals?
Of coarse Dallas has problems in the locker room but its not because of them drafting Felix Jones when they already had Marion Barber.
Old 02-03-2009   #179
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of coarse Dallas has problems in the locker room but its not because of them drafting Felix Jones when they already had Marion Barber.
That was a weird case.

They let Julius Jones go, which must have made Marion Barber happy. Then they draft Felix Jones, which must have made Marion Barber wonder. Then they draft Tashard Choice, which was a head scratcher.

And they ended up needing all of them and it wasn't enough.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #180
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
And how well do you think our offense will fair if Slaton goes down for a significant amount of time? Im not saying we should draft a RB in the first just that its not as bad an idea as some here think it would be. This of coarse depends on the RB being the BPA and so good we cant pass him up. IMO LeSean McCoy of Pittsburgh is a Slaton clone and I would not hesitate taking him at 15 if there were no trade down offers and all the top players we want are gone.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read