Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-28-2009   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Andre Johnson at radio row in tampa.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e69733

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/28/john...-to-win-rings/

Quote:
It’s surprising, at least to me, at how many people who are here for Super Bowl week and not the Super Bowl. Texans WR Andre Johnson chatted for a few minutes before joining Scott Hanson on camera. He’s here for the week before heading back to Houston on Saturday to watch the game at home. Then he’s headed to the Pro Bowl.

When it comes to the Pro Bowl, it’s always interesting to see who the players take on the trip — Johnson is taking his younger brother, his mom, uncle, two aunts, and almost all of the Texans receivers. When informed that teammate Owen Daniels was named to the AFC squad, Johnson quipped, “I guess my vote paid off.”

Johnson’s Super Bowl prediction is Cardinals 20, Steelers 17.

“I just got this funny feeling Arizona is going to edge them out,” Johnson said. “They’re hot right now.”

Had to ask Johnson one serious question and he did agree it was tough to be at the Super Bowl, but not be playing in it.

“I think that’s why all of us play the game,” Johnson said. “As football players, that’s the biggest goal, that’s the place you want to be. You want to win rings. When you’re playing this game, you want to see how many rings you can get before you finish. That’s my goal. Seeing the Cardinals here should give a lot of teams hope. No one thought they’d be here. That’s everyone’s goal.”
surprised he picked the cards? nah, he's a WR..
Old 01-28-2009   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson at radio row in tampa.

http://yorkdispatch.inyork.com/yd/sports/ci_11574602

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. - The Pro Bowl will be in Miami next year. At least two players headed to this year's game in Hawaii have mixed feelings about the all-star event being held in South Florida the weekend before the 2010 Super Bowl.

It's not that Houston Texans receiver Andre Johnson and Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis have anything against the Sunshine State. After all, both grew up in Florida and played at the University of Miami.

"I love Hawaii," Johnson, a three-time Pro Bowl selection said, drawing laughter during a news conference also featuring first-time AFC pick Nick Mangold of the New York Jets on Wednesday.

Johnson, a Miami native, quickly changed course.

"It'll be different ... being in a different site," he added. "It'll be in my hometown, it'll be a lot of fun. Hopefully I can go and make it."

Two-time Pro Bowl pick Portis wasn't budging, though.

"For me, I hope I'm not available," he said. "I hope we're in the Super Bowl next year."

The NFL announced last month that next season's all-star game will be held one week before the Super Bowl, with both games at Dolphin Stadium. The Pro Bowl has been held in Honolulu since 1980.

Portis does see one advantage to the game being shifted to the mainland. It could be a much more affordable trip for fans.

"I think for the people in the (continental) states, this is going to give them an opportunity to get to Miami," the running back said. "There will be a lot going on in Miami for
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
surprised he picked the cards? nah, he's a WR..
I dont know.

I'll tell you that I picked the Steelers pre-season and I obviously still have them winning it, but as Andre said I have a funny feeling. I keep getting the feeling that the Cardinals are going to win this thing.

I don't think they are going to, but there is this feeling.

Whatever, I really like this Super Bowl matchup. I picked the Steelers pre-season so if they win I will feel good about that, but if the Cardinals win I would be really happy too. I really want to see the Cards pull this thing out. I don't know many people picking the Cardinals this week.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cards can win this, I picked the Steelers early on but the more I look at it the Cards can pull it out. The Pittsburgh OL has been patchwork all season, Willie Parker can be neutralized, and if they can get pressure on big Ben and limit production in the passing game, it could get tight real quick. Of course there is the matter of the Steelers D, I don't know what Arizona needs to do to put points up but they are going to have to find a way. If they can manage some defensive points as well and keep the Steelers O in check they can pull it out. That's a tall order to feel, but they have been riding the momentum all along. And while I am still favoring the Steelers in this one, I am really hoping the Cards figure out a way to win it. Just think of last year's SuperBowl, it was a forgone conclusion that the Patriots were unstoppable. They even came and played a tough ass game, never giving up, but the Giants were not going to be denied.
Old 02-02-2009   #5
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
The NFL announced last month that next season's all-star game will be held one week before the Super Bowl, with both games at Dolphin Stadium. The Pro Bowl has been held in Honolulu since 1980.
Dumbest idea ever. There will be no stars from the two Super Bowl teams playing in the Pro Bowl. I'm all for moving the Pro Bowl to the same venue as the Super Bowl and making it a weeklong NFL extravaganza. But in a game as violent as football, where season-ending injuries happen in the blink of an eye, no WAY should the all-star event precede the championship game.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares if the SB players aren't at the PB? Every single player in the league would rather be in the SB than the PB.

Every other sport has their all star event mid-season. Hockey is just as violent, BBal has giants jumping on and over each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is so awesome.

I'm a big fan of the pro bowl in Hawaii and don't like it's move to Miami at all. I'd rather pay the premium price of going to Hawaii for it than run the risk of getting shot in Miami.

As for being before the Super Bowl... that feels strange. It's always been a post season quasi-fun game to watch. The good about it though is that all our players that get voted to it next year (Johnson, Daniels, Schaub, Slaton, Winston, Mario, Demeco, Amobi and insert 1st round defensive pick here) won't get injured playing in a meaningless game because they will be resting up in preparation of our 1st ever Super Bowl.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2009   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

moving the pro bowl was obviously a calculated move. maybe it was a way to allow more players to say they went to the probowl. you know? perhaps now there's gonna be some sort of weird hierarchy among players. I got voted in, you only got in because x was in the superbowl, etc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read