Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-01-2009   #41
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 mocks

there's a more than one guy over there, here is the new one from Matt McGuire-
Quote:
15 Houston Texans: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
I really think the Texans could release Anthony Weaver this offseason after he failed to generate a single sack in 2008. Left defensive end becomes a need here and Jackson is the top one currently on the board. Watch out, because the Texans might take a shocker pick in Rashad Johnson or Louis Delmas at free safety.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt.php

Quote:
46 Houston Texans: Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
Will Demps was benched for Nick Ferguson, and Texans beat writer John McClain does not think Ferguson will be back. Free safety is a huge need and Delmas can be the captain of the defensive backfield the Texans have always lacked. This pick also greatly helps out Tyson Jackson (previous pick), Mario Williams, and Amobi Okoye to generate more coverage sacks.

Previous pick; Patrick Chung, S
either way looks like Beerlover gets his guy
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #42
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
there's a more than one guy over there, here is the new one from Matt McGuire- http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt.php

I am not sure that your boy Delmas makes it into round 2. I currently have him at the top of the Safety class. If he slid though he would be a HUGE steal. I am also not a huge Tyson Jackson fan. I don't think he did that much last year and does not come across to me as a worthy first rounder.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I did want to plug the fact that my latest Texans mock will be posted this week. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Just as a teaser, I have a potential surprise pick for the Texans in round 1....

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #43
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I am not sure that your boy Delmas makes it into round 2. I currently have him at the top of the Safety class. If he slid though he would be a HUGE steal. I am also not a huge Tyson Jackson fan. I don't think he did that much last year and does not come across to me as a worthy first rounder.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I did want to plug the fact that my latest Texans mock will be posted this week. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Just as a teaser, I have a potential surprise pick for the Texans in round 1....
Texans mock? I'm not as big with just doing one team mocks as I am with 32 team mocks, but I look forward to seeing who you got the Texans picking.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #44
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
=Honoring Earl 34;1109974
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php
I'm begining to think the guy Walter hates our guts.

Quote:
18. Chicago Bears: Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois
Larry English is made for the 3-4, but I think he could definitely work well in a Tampa-2 4-3 scheme. English's stock is on fire after an impressive showing at the Senior Bowl.
So at the eighteen....English works for the Bears but not the Texans at the 15 ?

And then he comes back in the second and lays the under achieving SS on us... and by his own mock....there are two high end corners left on the board and a guy who projects to a sam backer with a pass rush. I don't get it.
Old 02-03-2009   #45
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
there's a more than one guy over there, here is the new one from Matt McGuire- http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt.php

Well one thing about tyson jackson....he can't be any worse than what they already have at the slot.
Old 02-17-2009   #46
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.gbnreport.com/2009projection.html
Old 02-18-2009   #47
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur.../2-18-2009.php
Old 02-18-2009   #48
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

That picture of Maybin is pretty impressive.

Well sometimes when you take a cant miss Mathew Stanford....he turns out to be David Carr. Or Ryan Leif, that's what kills a franchise for five or ten years. Not laying a foundation. And yes, they're making seventy million they can't sit and watch no more Scott.
Old 02-25-2009   #49
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

thoughts on this effort

http://www.draftempire.com/nfl_mock_draft
Old 02-25-2009   #50
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57741 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It looks decent enough for the most part.

I think it's odd that Jenkins' slow 40 drops him to 10 but Maybin's slow 40 propels him into top 10 consideration...

I can see the Rams getting a QB early this year, but I don't think it will be the 1st round.

I didn't get to see the combine drills so I don't know about English playing LB for us. Someone who saw him work out could observe that better.

I really do not see Brace as a 1st rounder. At all.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
It looks decent enough for the most part.

I think it's odd that Jenkins' slow 40 drops him to 10 but Maybin's slow 40 propels him into top 10 consideration...

I can see the Rams getting a QB early this year, but I don't think it will be the 1st round.

I didn't get to see the combine drills so I don't know about English playing LB for us. Someone who saw him work out could observe that better.

I really do not see Brace as a 1st rounder. At all.
15. Houston Texans (8-8) Larry English, DE/OLB, Northern Illinois

Quote:
English could make a big impact early on for the Texans, who would likely play him on the outside of DeMeco Ryans. With a suddenly-strong linebacking group behind a strong, young defensive line, the Texans would make establish a powerful defense for years to come.
intriquing prospect. I had him projected late 1st early 2nd so could be ideal if Rick Smith works another trade down scenero. the problem I have is projecting him to OLB instead of his natural position RDE. when all is said & done he could be one of the best in his class & fit in perfectly with what Texans need as they keep Mario @ LDE. great upside, can drop & cover (limited) better used downhill pressure on QB. hips smooth/change of direction, decent strenth great explosion first step, vertical 36"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read