Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-31-2009   #121
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

With the 4th overall pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select...

Malcolm Jenkins - Cornerback, Ohio State

Explanation - With Michael Crabtree off the board, who they were hoping would still be available, the Seahawks went with another serious position need in cornerback. Marcus Trufant is solid, but he has nobody opposite of him at all. Offensive lineman is definitely a possibility here, but the Seahawks are deciding not to pass up on a sure threat at corner, even if it is a bit of a reach nabbing him 4th overall.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #122
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. The Browns are up and Jenkins and Curry are off the board...
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #123
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns take Andre Smith, OL, Alabama.
Old 01-31-2009   #124
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
The Browns take Andre Smith, OL, Alabama.
That's what I would have done so ... your screwed ... JK . In two years you'll have the best OTs in football .
Old 01-31-2009   #125
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
That's what I would have done so ... your screwed ... JK . In two years you'll have the best OTs in football .
Agreed. They needed linebackers and corners but with Curry and Malcolm off the board I went with one of the BPA's left and got a player where they could still use an upgrade to replace Shaffer. He has the size to play RT and will maul people giving the browns a running game no matter who they have toting the rock.
Old 01-31-2009   #126
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Agreed. They needed linebackers and corners but with Curry and Malcolm off the board I went with one of the BPA's left and got a player where they could still use an upgrade to replace Shaffer. He has the size to play RT and will maul people giving the browns a running game no matter who they have toting the rock.
I like your pick.

Bengals and imatexan are next.

Aaron Curry, Michael Crabtree, Eugene Monroe, and Andre Smith all off the board.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #127
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Kansas City selects - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
I really like this pick a lot. I love the thought of having Monroe and Albert next to each other. I started on a mock and have the Chiefs taking Monroe as well.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #128
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I really like this pick a lot. I love the thought of having Monroe and Albert next to each other. I started on a mock and have the Chiefs taking Monroe as well.
They would definitely be familiar with each other after playing together for a few years at Virginia. I thought they drafted Albert to ultimately move to LT anyway but maybe they think he would be a better RT and then draft Monroe as their LT prospect. Having bookends at OT for the next decade may sound really appealing to the Chiefs right about now. They need to get back to quality Chiefs football and that means running the football behind a quality and dominant offensive line.

The funny thing is that in the AFC West, its so damn pathetic, that just about any team in the NFL could conceivably come in and vie for that division title. Hopefully the circle of life will his the AFC South one day so were not so damn competitive and brutal. Maybe once Peyton retires, we can make some sense of it all.
Old 02-02-2009   #129
Blake
MMQB

imatexan is on the clock. If he doesnt pick by this afternoon I will pick for him. Any suggestions you can post or PM.
Old 02-02-2009   #130
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Either an OT, like Justin Smith of Oher, or BJ Raji.
Old 02-02-2009   #131
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go Jason Smith or Michael Oher. I'm not familiar with the Bengals too much, not sure on Carson Palmer's recovery, etc.

LT- Smith- better pass blocker
LT- Oher- better run blocker
Old 02-02-2009   #132
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go with Knowshown Moreno if I was picking for the Bengals.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #133
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd go Jason Smith or Michael Oher. I'm not familiar with the Bengals too much, not sure on Carson Palmer's recovery, etc.

LT- Smith- better pass blocker
LT- Oher- better run blocker
I agree. I would take Smith, but you never know what mentality they want to go with.
Old 02-02-2009   #134
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Super Mario, did you PM imatexan? He may think it didn't start until after the SuperBowl, and the picks have gone by pretty quickly. Probably just away from the Computer over the weekend. I've often forgotten about something and PMs have saved me.
Old 02-02-2009   #135
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Super Mario, did you PM imatexan? He may think it didn't start until after the SuperBowl, and the picks have gone by pretty quickly. Probably just away from the Computer over the weekend. I've often forgotten about something and PMs have saved me.
I PM'ed him this morning, and am giving him all Monday to make a pick. Everyone needs to check this at LEAST once a day to make sure they are not up.

Or if you know you might not be around, send me a top 5 list or something.
Old 02-02-2009   #136
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
2. - St. Louis Rams

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech - So. - 6'3 214lbs
Career Stats: 231 Receptions, 3,217 Yards Receiving, 41 TDs

Explanation: The Rams have a lot of needs on both sides of the ball. They were near the bottom in a lot of different categories. On the Defensive side of the ball there aren't many players that warrant such a high pick and selecting Defense the past three years they need a change of pace. I was planning on taking Curry but he is off the board. The Rams still have Orlando Pace on contract for one more year and have a number of lineman that with better coaching can be a solid unit. And there is no clear number 1 tackle out there for the taking, so it is possible one may fall. The Rams need a franchise player and with Crabtree playing on a fast surface as he did in College he will put up numbers and become that type of player and eventually replace Torry Holt. This gives the original "Greatest Show on Turf" another option to spread the field and gives Bulger another option which to be honest he didn't have many this past year. Look for the Rams to pick up OL and any Defensive talent in the next round.

Crank that Crabtree....
Don't understand the pick considering they wanted Jake Long last year. Pace won't be there much longer and Barron, while not a bust, hasn't lived up to his pick. Considering with their second pick of Donnie Avery last year this pick almost seems like a waste. Great WR trio too bad Bulger probably won't be upright to throw it to any of them.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #137
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Don't understand the pick considering they wanted Jake Long last year. Pace won't be there much longer and Barron, while not a bust, hasn't lived up to his pick. Considering with their second pick of Donnie Avery last year this pick almost seems like a waste. Great WR trio too bad Bulger probably won't be upright to throw it to any of them.
Agreed. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a draft where people just draft who they like instead of what a team really needs. I could see why the Rams would take Crabree, but with a new coach I see no way they don't go with Curry or an O-Lineman.

Hopefully everybody will really participate and really try to make this realistic and fun because that's why most of us are doing this.

For example, I'm drafting for the Cardinals so I am researching the team and it's needs so that I can make a realistic mock for them instead of just drafting my favorite players.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #138
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Agreed. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a draft where people just draft who they like instead of what a team really needs. I could see why the Rams would take Crabree, but with a new coach I see no way they don't go with Curry or an O-Lineman.

Hopefully everybody will really participate and really try to make this realistic and fun because that's why most of us are doing this.

For example, I'm drafting for the Cardinals so I am researching the team and it's needs so that I can make a realistic mock for them instead of just drafting my favorite players.
Take a look at FS. Fransisco pissed me off more than once yesterday.

I agree about the Rams too. They need heavy Oline and defense.

My .02
Old 02-02-2009   #139
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post

Yeah, I'm doing it like that too. The Chargers biggest needs are DE & OT per http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2009.html. It also has ILB, CB & OG as needs. I've already got a top ten of the players not selected.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #140
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yeah, I'm doing it like that too. The Chargers biggest needs are DE & OT per http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2009.html. It also has ILB, CB & OG as needs. I've already got a top ten of the players not selected.
The Chargers will probably also look at RB. Probably not early, but with LT being slowed down this year and Sproles testing FA they will probably grab one somewhere.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read