Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-29-2009   #101
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Exactly. The mods (If they wanna help *wink wink*) and I will take your pick form this thread and post it in the draft selection thread to keep it clean.
Format-wise for the selections do we wanna try something like this?

1. - Houston Texans

Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina St. - Jr. - 6'7 295lbs
2005 stats: 24 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, 1 safety, 1 blocked kick

Explanation: This selection basically came down to 4 players (Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Vince Young or D'Brickashaw Ferguson) or a trade down. There was not believed to be value in any trade down scenario presented. Vince Young was not chosen as we just gave David Carr a roster bonus and extended his contract 3 more years. I believe if Carr does not work out, we can trade for a guy like Matt Schaub who is stuck behind Vick. Ferguson was not rated as high as the other two players, plus we can probably get a guy in a few years like Duane Brown at the end of the 1st rd that could end up being better. Bush was passed up because he will not be a feature back that will be able to run between the tackles in the NFL and does not warrant the #1 overall pick. In another couple years, a guy I really like will be coming out: Steve Slaton. His size may drop him into a later round but make no mistake about it, this guy will come in as a rookie and play like a seasoned vet, we'll be talking about the possibility of him making the pro bowl too. This leaves us with Mario Williams. Many don't think he's the #1 prospect but he is, hands down. Mario has the potential to be the best DE in the entire league in only a couple years. He'll be the foundation and building block of our Defense for years. He will be a perennial pro bowler and we'll get to laugh at the rest of the league saying "we were right"... we'll just have to take their ignorant uneducated rants in the meantime.

edit: my explanation my seem outlandish right now but they're just some prospects I think the Texans should look at in the future.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #102
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On second thought, that format may be better after the combine and closer to the draft when we all have a better grasp on things.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #103
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly. The mods (If they wanna help *wink wink*) and I will take your pick form this thread and post it in the draft selection thread to keep it clean.
Okay. Should we post our trades in this thread too?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #104
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Okay. Should we post our trades in this thread too?
Everything is done in this thread. Don't even worry about the other thread. I will be modifying that.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #105
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Detroit Lions BigBull17
2. St. Louis Rams Jwarren14
3. Kansas City Chiefs YoungTexanFan
4. Seattle Seahawks Mari-OWNED!
5. Cleveland Browns Super Mario
6. Cincinnati Bengals imatexan
7. Oakland Raiders steroids
8. Jacksonville Jaguars Ryan
9. Green Bay Packers Honoring Earl34
10. San Francisco 49ers Mussop
11. Buffalo Bills DiehardChris
12. Denver Broncos Ole Miss Texan
13. Washington Redskins PhilipW
14. New Orleans Saints johndoe
15. Houston Texans LORK 88
16. San Diego Chargers JCTexan
17. New York Jets rickyb
18. Chicago Bears Specnatz
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers bah007
20. Detroit Lions BigBull17
21. Philadelphia Eagles jgl35
22. Minnesota Vikings rmartin65
23. New England Patriots Texan in Japan
24. Atlanta Falcons Texan JBZ
25. Miami Dolphins Super Mario (2)
26. Baltimore Ravens TexansSeminole
27. Indianapolis Colts TimeKiller
28. Philadelphia Eagles jgl35
29. New York Giants The Pencil Neck
30. Tennessee Titans Kaiser Toro
31. Arizona Cardinals WolverineFan
32. Pittsburgh Steelers D-REK

*** Carolina Panthers Shaft75
*** Dallas Cowboys steelbtexan

I am doing 2 teams, so if one last person wants to jump in PM me.
Old 01-30-2009   #106
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want, I can make my pick. I've already signed him to a contract...
Old 01-30-2009   #107
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If you want, I can make my pick. I've already signed him to a contract...
I don't have a problem with that.
Old 01-30-2009   #108
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 1st pick in the 09 NFL draft the Lions select:

Aaron Curry, OLB Wake Forest

Explanation: The culture of Detroit needs a change. With a defensive minded coach moving in, it is only right that the Lions select the best player avaliable.
Old 01-30-2009   #109
Blake
MMQB

Did not see that one coming.
Old 01-30-2009   #110
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Did not see that one coming.
He is the best player in the draft, and they need anything not called a WR. The QB's aren't good enough to justify taking here, so there you go.
Old 01-30-2009   #111
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is the best player in the draft, and they need anything not called a WR. The QB's aren't good enough to justify taking here, so there you go.
Good pick.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #112
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Good pick.
Thank you.
Old 01-30-2009   #113
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

2. - St. Louis Rams

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech - So. - 6'3 214lbs
Career Stats: 231 Receptions, 3,217 Yards Receiving, 41 TDs

Explanation: The Rams have a lot of needs on both sides of the ball. They were near the bottom in a lot of different categories. On the Defensive side of the ball there aren't many players that warrant such a high pick and selecting Defense the past three years they need a change of pace. I was planning on taking Curry but he is off the board. The Rams still have Orlando Pace on contract for one more year and have a number of lineman that with better coaching can be a solid unit. And there is no clear number 1 tackle out there for the taking, so it is possible one may fall. The Rams need a franchise player and with Crabtree playing on a fast surface as he did in College he will put up numbers and become that type of player and eventually replace Torry Holt. This gives the original "Greatest Show on Turf" another option to spread the field and gives Bulger another option which to be honest he didn't have many this past year. Look for the Rams to pick up OL and any Defensive talent in the next round.

Crank that Crabtree....
Old 01-30-2009   #114
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

First two picks have been interesting.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #115
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Solid pick.
Old 01-30-2009   #116
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Solid pick.
Gotta love the Crab!
Old 01-30-2009   #117
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is YTF's big boards top 8 .

Who will he pick for the Chiefs ?

1. Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
2. Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
3. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
4. Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
5. Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
6. Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
7. Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
8. Malcom Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #118
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. That is a very unusual start.

Well, with Scott Pioli coming over from NE to be the GM of the Chiefs, I am going to use some of his perceived reasoning in helping build that team. I feel that he is comfortable enough with a young QB like Thigpin. He has shown enough ability, and I think they have enough hope/faith that he will continue to develop in somewhat of a pattern that Brady and Kassel have taken. I don't think the Chiefs will go with one of the QBs in the first round this year. I was looking to take Curry potentially. I still feel that Brandon Albert is best suited for OG, but I think the Chiefs might want some options. With this 3rd overall pick, I am going taking a player who can play LT or could very easily slide inside.

Kansas City selects - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

Monroe is extremely athletic and has all of the ability to play LT in the NFL. He forced Albert to LG at Virginia. They have good experience working well together in the past, and either player is capable of playing inside, more so with Albert. I also think Monroe can play on the right side to give them "bookends".
Old 01-31-2009   #119
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Nice pick. I was very close to taking him as well.
Old 01-31-2009   #120
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the start of this one. First pick was BPA on my board.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read