Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-26-2009   #41
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZs premiere 2009 Mock has us taking a DT. No Way !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Smith looked solid in the Senior Bowl practices I watched. He looked leaps and bounds better than Oher from what I saw.
Jason Smith wasn't at the Senior Bowl.
Old 01-26-2009   #42
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
He wasn't? Mayock was showing film of him
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #43
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He wasn't? Mayock was showing film of him
He, Orakpo, Laurinaitis, Curry, and 1 or 2 others were the big names missing.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #44
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It appears he wasn't. I gotta go check the DVR to see who I was looking at then. Who has a helmet like Baylor's?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #45
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It appears he wasn't. I gotta go check the DVR to see who I was looking at then. Who has a helmet like Baylor's?
OT N 64
William Beatty UConn

OT N 68
Xavier Fulton Illinois

OT N 79
Phil Loadholt Oklahoma

OT S 76
Troy Kropog Tulane

OT S 77
Jason Watkins Florida

OT S 74
Michael Oher Mississippi

Interior players.

C N 51
Alex Mack California

C N 60
Max Unger Oregon

C N 72
Ryan Shuman Virginia Tech

C S 59
Antoine Caldwell Alabama

C S 60
Eric Wood Louisville

C S 63
Jonathan Luigs Arkansas

OG N 63
Kraig Urbik Wisconsin

OG N 66
Andy Levitre Oregon State

OG N 76
Trevor Canfield Cincinnati

OG S 71
Tyronne Green Auburn

OG S 75
Anthony Parker Tennessee

OG S 79
Herman Johnson LSU
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #46
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
He, Orakpo, Laurinaitis, and 1 or 2 others were the big names missing.
Georgia Tech DE Michael Johnson was also absent I believe ?
There's always a few big names eligible to attend who don't, based on their theory (and their handlers) that they've got more to lose by playing than to gain, for whatever reason(s) ? And I think that makes sense. It's all business for them at this point.
The absense of Laurinaitis really suprised me though ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #47
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Georgia Tech DE Michael Johnson was also absent I believe ?
There's always a few big names eligible to attend who don't, based on their theory (and their handlers) that they've got more to lose by playing than to gain, for whatever reason(s) ? And I think that makes sense. It's all business for them at this point.
The absense of Laurinaitis really suprised me though ?
Bad, bad, bad move by M Johnson. Even with a good combine I bet he falls late first at best.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #48
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
they call that there thingy Male Hormose Syndrom. gynecomastia

http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/gynecomastia

http://www.healthline.com/adamconten...n=Gynecomastia

So are you posting he has some baggage ?
Are you drinking again TTP?
Old 01-26-2009   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing =
Old 01-26-2009   #50
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Cushing =
Except that Cushing has nothing near the hype that Boz did.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI- after watching the Senior Bowl I'll bet LZ downgrades Peria Jerry. I would be sick if the Texans used the 15th pick on him, I suppose if they trade down somewhere in the 20's I could live with it depending on what they aquire in return. It's very tricky evaulating DT's. they need to be challenged against NFL type talent to guesstimate how effective they might be @ the next level. for the most part a talent like Raji or Jerry can dominate 90% of the College talent, its that other 10% that worrys me
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #52
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
FYI- after watching the Senior Bowl I'll bet LZ downgrades Peria Jerry. I would be sick if the Texans used the 15th pick on him, I suppose if they trade down somewhere in the 20's I could live with it depending on what they aquire in return. It's very tricky evaulating DT's. they need to be challenged against NFL type talent to guesstimate how effective they might be @ the next level. for the most part a talent like Raji or Jerry can dominate 90% of the College talent, its that other 10% that worrys me
Why would he downgrade Peria after the Senior Bowl? He had a good week IMO. To many of you are putting too much imphasis on the actual game. The practice is way more telling than an allstar game play.
Old 01-26-2009   #53
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Why would he downgrade Peria after the Senior Bowl? He had a good week IMO. To many of you are putting too much imphasis on the actual game. The practice is way more telling than an allstar game play.
you must breakdown the tape. Peria seemed to dominate but on closer viewing he did not dominate everybody. thats the concern, when one particular player has the ability to shutdown someone considered to be the more elite talent. same thing happened to Raji so I'm not just picking on Peria, who I really like, its about being accurate in final grades as talent assesors. like I said game tape does not lie & if I know Lance when he gets time once he breaks it down his opinion will change based on the facts from this week in Mobile. really nothing more than that.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #54
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because in the practices leading up to the game he apparently had struggles with the better NFL linemen. The guys who will start, or are expected to be able to start. In other words, he wasn't anything special against talent believed to be his equal in a drill that favored him more so than the OL.
Old 01-26-2009   #55
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you love the physical presence he brings....I got it.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoepete
But paying two Middle line backers top thirty two money is what is out in left field here.
Why would it be two MLB? Also, Ryans wasn't a top 30 pick technically. Also, as I keep stating, Ryans was an OLB who adapted to the MLB role. If Rey Maualuga starts at SAM, he is thus a SAM. His role has thus adapted. We have then put our three best players onto the field together. Re-read my posts; I've never once suggested Maualuga come off the bench. I've stated that Ryans and Maualuga should play together. Thus, we wouldn't have two "top 30" MLB's.

Quote:
If you want to move Ryans out just say so.
If it is best for the team, then yes. Why not be open to the idea of upgrading multiple positions with one pick? If the position precedence has been there before in a player, why shouldn't it be done? Either way, with both of them on the field, it is an upgrade.

Quote:
Is Ray better than Ryans?
No. Ryans is an All-Pro NFL player. Rey Maualuga is a very good amateur prospect. This question itself is unfounded and begs the question. In other words, why ask it; the question is poor enough to be thrown out.

Quote:
Or are you going to pay two Middle line backers top thirty three money ? Inquiring minds wish to know ? It just makes no damn sense YTF.
Well, I could probably come up with a handful of terms to better question it, but "inquiring" minds leaves a lot on the table. I've talked about this already. At this point you are simply repeating your confusion and hoping that an intelligent and reasoned response won't be given. Enough has been said about that as is, however.

Quote:
Your gamble here is this guy will be able to flip his hips and run with the Dallas Clarks of the NFL world. And I'm saying when pigs fly.
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=1217565

You put far too much into what you don't understand. He ran a 4.5 coming out of HS according to the link provided. Re-watch the USC vs. tOSU game this year.

Quote:
We'll see next month at the combine.
Yes.

Quote:
Now if you're going to drop the guy at rush end.....
Was it not you who emphatically and specifically stated that Maualuga could not blitz? Was it not you who declared with certainty that he could not do what you are now actually implying he might best succeed at?
Old 01-26-2009   #56
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain:
Quote:
I don't know why fans want Ryans moved. He's 6-1, 250. He's smart, instinctive and a leader. And he's not real fast. He's an MLB, not an OLB. He played hurt last season, too, and sitll led the team in tackles. I don't see him moving unless they have a MLB rated so high and if he's still on the board at 15, they'd have to take him.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2009/01/j...t_at_1130.html
Quote:
Now if you're going to drop the guy at rush end.....

Quote:
Was it not you who emphatically and specifically stated that Maualuga could not blitz? Was it not you who declared with certainty that he could not do what you are now actually implying he might best succeed at?
you are correct Einstein.

The guy that can do both will be the pick at fifteen. And it ain't ray.
Old 01-26-2009   #57
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco Ryans is "not real fast"?

Fo cereal?

He only gets across one t.v. screen in 4 seconds? **** John McClain's opinion on speed.

There's nothing about Maualuga and Ryans in the same unit that sucks.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #58
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would he downgrade Peria after the Senior Bowl? He had a good week IMO. To many of you are putting too much emphasis on the actual game. The practice is way more telling than an all star game play.

Not as much as you are....that there thingy is a classic.
Old 01-26-2009   #59
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Demeco Ryans is "not real fast"?

Fo cereal?

He only gets across one t.v. screen in 4 seconds? **** John McClain's opinion on speed.

There's nothing about Maualuga and Ryans in the same unit that sucks.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...006&genpos=OLB

Demeco ran a 4.66 in 2006 plus he plays faster than his times .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #60
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not as much as you are....that there thingy is a classic.
What are you talking about????

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read