Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-15-2009   #21
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I put together a Mock Draft Tracker for the Texans pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Maybin looks like a 3-4 rush LB to me.

I think he could play weak DE in a 4-3, but he weighs 235-240 right now. I'm not comfortable with that. If we drafted him to play DE, he would definitely need to add some muscle.
Yes he is and he's light for a Sam. What he does have in the bank is an elite first step. If you want that first step, going to cost you a fifteen pick. He will not make it to our pick in the second. Buffalo would make sense for Maybin. I've got them taking Pettigrew to shore up the o-line.

Corner... I can see for Robinson insurance....I don't believe his production is worth an eight million dollar tag. And it is a hole.

Absolutely hate the Moore or the Micheal Johnson picks

Drafting a poor tackling SS or an under motivated DE, would be very disappointing to me. Moore won't beat out what we have. And I believe Johnson will go MIA as soon as the rookie check clears the account.They both scare me to death.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-15-2009 at 02:24 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #22
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Why do all of them have us taking William Moore. No way would the Texans take him at 15. God I hope not. Some in here may want Moore, but I'm not that high on the guy at all and NO WAY at 15. Maybe if we were to trade down, but Mays was the only S I wanted in the first round.

I think we should go with Aaron Maabin or a top LB.
I with you. It's a Jason Babin Risk all over again no doubt. Good school and a high quality person...

The upside, if they could stand him up would hit big holes in the defense. Second level player maker....you have no doubt can bring the heat when they needed it. Doesn't have to start right away at Will or Sam if the two come back, Dilles and Adibi, 100% this summer. There would be no need to rush him into the line up.

If they can't, makes a pretty good guy to rotate with @ DE. He's not a sure thing....Orakpo gone off the board....Everette Brown....I'm just not convinced you could stand him up....Maybin you've got a real shot. I don't see any more risk here than with Cushing's injuries or James Laurinaitis' forty time. Both of whom might be off the board by our pick. Maybin ,Not a BPA for most teams. He might be for us. He can get there when they send five.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-15-2009 at 01:34 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #23
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
If they can't, makes a pretty good guy to rotate with @ DE. He's not a sure thing....Orakpo gone off the board....Everette Brown....I'm just not convinced you could stand him up....Maybin you've got a real shot. I don't see any more risk here than with Cushing's injuries or James Laurinaitis' forty time. Both of whom might be off the board by our pick. Maybin ,Not a BPA for most teams. He might be for us. He can get there when they send five.
I'm not convinced you can stand E. Brown up on a consistent basis either. I'm big on what I see, rather than what is possible, and I really haven't seen Everette Brown do it. Everything that I have seen tells me that he is a defensive end. The combine will be huge in determining how teams see him as an NFL player. If you draft E Brown on this team it is to play DE. Taking him to try LB out would not be a good idea IMO.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #24
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm not convinced you can stand E. Brown up on a consistent basis either. I'm big on what I see, rather than what is possible, and I really haven't seen Everette Brown do it. Everything that I have seen tells me that he is a defensive end. The combine will be huge in determining how teams see him as an NFL player. If you draft E Brown on this team it is to play DE. Taking him to try LB out would not be a good idea IMO.
If he was a little heavier I'd be banging Brown's drum no doubt. You can't argue against his porduction. the guy is a beast. At fifteen he'd work.

But if they could stand up Maybin , and understand I hate Penn St., he'd be the round peg in the round hole. Leave Rayns inside....Maybin over time beats out one of Dilles or Adibi. And this year he could rotate at DE. Give them a push in second and long and third and long. He'll get there. So could Brown. He might be able to do the same thing. I'm banking on the transition of Maybin on how fast he is. I believe he'll break 4.7 at the combine. If Maybin is four six five or under, that's side ine to sideline speed for a OLB.
Old 01-15-2009   #25
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
If he was a little heavier I'd be banging Brown's drum no doubt. You can't argue against his porduction. the guy is a beast. At fifteen he'd work.

But if they could stand up Maybin , and understand I hate Penn St., he'd be the round peg in the round hole. Leave Rayns inside....Maybin over time beats out one of Dilles or Adibi. And this year he could rotate at DE. Give them a push in second and long and third and long. He'll get there. So could Brown. He might be able to do the same thing. I'm banking on the transition of Maybin on how fast he is. I believe he'll break 4.7 at the combine. If Maybin is four six five or under, that's side ine to sideline speed for a OLB.

Oh I'd bet they both break 4.7. I think they will both run somewhere in the 4.57-5.64 range. It's more lateral quickness that I am interested in seeing during the combine. Shuffle times are going to be big for these DE's who teams want to be 3-4 OLBs. Doing that drill where they back, forward and sideways pedal around step-over dummies, while they keep their eyes up at the coach is going to be huge.

I know a guy like E. Brown is used to having his hand down and exploding off the line. Starting the play standing up and shuffling his feet is going to be a large adjustment I would think. Same can be said about similiar propsects I guess.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #26
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'm going to try and update it as much as possible - but if you want to check it out, it's here:

2009 Texans Mock Draft Tracker

I basically went to Walter Football and some other sites where they collect mocks, and just entered all the different mock's pick for the Texans in one table.
Great Job! I bookmarked a website called dcprosportsreport because they did the same thing. Now, it will be replaced!

REP to ya...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #27
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I added a little tweak.

There's now a table that tracks which player is picked most by the mock drafts, by percentage and by total times picked.

Check it out here.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #28
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I added a little tweak.

There's now a table that tracks which player is picked most by the mock drafts, by percentage and by total times picked.

Check it out here.
This is awesome. I took today's snapshot in time, and put together this post talking about it:

Musings on mock drafts: Are the Texans going to trade down?

It will be interesting to see if any of those guys at the top of that percentage chart are picked by the Texans.
Old 02-10-2009   #29
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Seems like everyone on the planets thinks we'll go Defense (except Sideline Scouting).

Remember a couple years back when everyone knew we'd go Offense?

It's going to be interesting...

Great info! Thanks.
Well anything is possible. I wonder how many people took the Cards prop last August to make the super bowl ?

Rumor we were interested in Ginn Jr. one year. There's Tim Tebow's primary weapon....just sitting there. Percy Harvin seems a much better prospect at fifteen than Jr was at ten. Defense is in the twenties. Offense is in the top ten. Seems to me the road to the play offs goes through upgrading the defense.
Old 02-11-2009   #30
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Robert Mathis of the Colts is listed in at 245. I'm not going to super concentrate on weight but what concerns me is trying stand Maybin or Brown up in 4-3.

Maybin could jump at the combine if he has gained the 8lbs he claims to have gained. His frame could take the weight gain and still have speed.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players...Maybin-DE.html

Don't see anyone knocking Orakpo's weight.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read