Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-21-2009   #1
Talon38
Rookie

Default Traffic and Purple Lot Question

After the games, from the Purple Lot, will they allow you to turn left on to McNee to go Kirby drive or must you turn right on McNee toward Main? If you are going on McNee toward Main will they allow you to turn left on Main to the 610 loop? Where are the biggest congestion areas following a game? I will be trying to get to either 288 south or I45 south whichever is easier. Thanks! (A new PSL owner!!)
Talon38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Traffic and Purple Lot Question

They will not allow you to turn left on McNee unless you leave before the game is over. When they start forcing you to turn right, you can turn either left or right on Main.

Hope that helps.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #3
Talon38
Rookie

That does help thank you. When I turn left on Main from McNee, is the traffic really bad trying to get to 610? (from all the people exiting blue & yellow) or would I be better off going right on Main and taking Old Spanish Trail over to 288? I know I'll find out for myself in 8 months, but I am just very curious now!
Old 01-21-2009   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon38 View Post
That does help thank you. When I turn left on Main from McNee, is the traffic really bad trying to get to 610? (from all the people exiting blue & yellow) or would I be better off going right on Main and taking Old Spanish Trail over to 288? I know I'll find out for myself in 8 months, but I am just very curious now!
Pack some extra food for your tailgate and hang out in the lot for an hour or so. You will have fun socializing and miss the worst of the traffic. This is what we do.
Old 01-21-2009   #5
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a purple lot?

J/K
Old 01-21-2009   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon38 View Post
OST has a ton of lights and backs up if the game is attended. I would think fighting the short distance to 610 would be better but I haven't gone that direction.
Old 01-21-2009   #7
Texan634
Rookie

Yellow lot person here. Going to 610 is better.
Texan634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2009   #8
Talon38
Rookie

Thanks y'all this helps. I have also heard that when going to the game, 610 can get pretty backed up coming from I45 south - Any other comments on the traffic rough spots to or from Reliant?
Old 01-22-2009   #9
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I can't help you with traffic since I'm there about 5 hours before the game and don't leave until at least 2 hours after. Never any traffic for me.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read