Hall of Fame
Join Date: Jun 2004
Rep Power: 185
LZs premiere 2009 Mock has us taking a DT. No Way !
1. Detroit - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia: The Lions need a QB, but do they need this one? My guess is they will try and trade back but with no success. Stafford's football smarts have been questioned by a few insiders behind the scenes. The Lions could also look at Mark Sanchez in this spot.
2. St. Louis - Eugene Monroe, LT, Virginia: The Rams have an aging LT in Pace and a disappointing RT in Barron. Monroe helps them get better up front right away.
3. Kansas City - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama: The Chiefs are looking to get bigger on the offensive and defensive lines and Smith fits the bill. He can play RT opposite last year's first rounder, Brandon Albert.
4. Seattle - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC: Matt Hasselbeck is getting older and when teams buy into a young QB prospect, they love to pull the trigger. I'm guessing Seattle buys in.
5. Cleveland - Aaron Curry, OLB, Virginia: The Browns are still looking to fortify their pass rush and Curry is the type of all-around LB that would fit perfectly in the Browns 3-4.
6. Cincinnati - B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College: While the Bengals will be looking for someone to replace Stacy Andrews at RT in the draft, I think they will look for that later in the draft. Raji helps against the run and pass right away.
7. Oakland - Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss : Al Davis loves size and speed, but he'll have to settle for size with Michael Oher anchoring the offensive line at either LT or RT.
8. Jacksonville - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Jacksonville: The Jaguars pass defense was much poorer than expected last year as CB Florence had a disappointing season as a free agent. In a division that features Peyton Manning and the Texans, you must look for good CBs and Jenkins is the best this year.
9. Green Bay - Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State: The Packers are smartly transitioning to a 3-4 which actually fits their personnel better. The Packers need to find a pass rusher in the worst way and Brown is a great fit. Brown reminds me a little bit of LaMarr Woodley but only with greater length.
10. San Francisco - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech: The Niners know that they have to get better on offense and one of their first priorities should be finding a top-notch #1 WR. If this isn't Crabtree then it could be the speedier Jeremy Maclin.
11. Buffalo - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
12. Denver - Ray Maualuga, ILB, USC
13. Washington - Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
14. New Orleans - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
15. Houston - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss: While most draft pundits might not have Jerry this high, scouts already believe that he might be better than Amobi Okoye right now. Jerry and Okoye both play the 3-technique DT but new defensive line coach doesn't mind rotating DTs in and out and Jerry's motor might be too much to pass up on. The Texans, however, could look at the defensive line as a position they've put too much money in already to invest another pick in. Then again, they might care more about getting the problem fixed. I honestly believe that USC OLB Brian Cushing could be a possibility here as well.
16. San Diego (8-8) - Brian Cushing, LB, USC
17. New York Jets (9-7) - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
18. Chicago (9-7) - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
19. Tampa Bay - D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt
20. Detroit - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
21. Philadelphia - Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
22. Minnesota - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
23. New England - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
24. Atlanta - Fili Moala, DT, USC
25. Miami - Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia
26. Baltimore - James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
27. Indianapolis - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
28. Philadelphia - Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
29. New York Giants - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
30. Tennessee - Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
31. Arizona - Max Unger, C, Oregon
32. Pittsburgh - Alex Mack, C, Cal: For Steelers fans who are reading this, I just can't find an offensive tackle I like enough to put one in this spot so for now I'll stick with best available lineman.
I'm a big LZ fan, but I'd be very surprised if we drafted an Okoye clone, even
if Jerry is a slight upgrade of the origional.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|