Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-19-2009   #21
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why we blew our shot....

You guys will need An Exorcist!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpPwC7QRvFQ
I CAST YOU OUT UNCLEAN SPIRIT!
Old 01-19-2009   #22
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post

Wow that's almost signature worthy. Thanks for sharing that. Rep your way.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Hold up - do I understand this correctly? You had to pay $82 for a ticket (plus incidentals, I'm sure), and now you're just out of that money with no game to show for it? No refunds, no exchanges?

Didn't someone else post a similar story here about the Cards tickets? People had to buy the tickets in advance, and if the team didn't make it, a credit would be issued for the following season ticket package, IIRC. If this is the direction the NFL is headed, I'm glad I got out when I did.
Old 01-19-2009   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't care about paying for the un-used ticket as long as it was applicable to next season's ticket costs. As far as I know, that's fairly standard.
Old 01-19-2009   #25
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to say I told you so. but Told ya your franchised is cursed. Maybe I will be wrong about Bud or his spawn moving the team to LA but I doubt it.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #26
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, Bud loves that tie. That is the same one he had on when I met him a few years back in Waco.

So I wonder who was so stupid enough to taunt the Bud Curse like that by putting Bud's face on the AFC Championship game ticket? That's just asking for it there.

BTW, I wonder how many Titans fans showed up in Pittsburgh trying to get into the game with that ticket? "Hey, I have an AFC Championship game ticket here, let me in!"
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #27
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I fixed the ticket up for Bud and company.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #28
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I wouldn't care about paying for the un-used ticket as long as it was applicable to next season's ticket costs. As far as I know, that's fairly standard.
If that were the case, OK. But the "No Refunds, No Exchanges" line is a little off-putting.
Old 01-19-2009   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If that were the case, OK. But the "No Refunds, No Exchanges" line is a little off-putting.
From HoustonTexans.com: FAQ

Quote:
Can season ticket holders/PSL holders purchase playoff tickets?
PSL Holders should consult their PSL agreement for specific guidelines regarding playoff tickets. Season ticket holders are eligible to purchase playoff tickets for any Houston Texans home playoff game. If it appears that the Texans may host a post-season game, and the NFL grants permission, invoices will then be mailed to season ticket holders. In accordance with the NFL procedures, invoices will reflect two possible home games. Unused portions of playoff payments will either be refunded or applied toward future season ticket payments.
With this case being Tennessee though, who knows.
Old 01-19-2009   #30
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bulluck...... Bulluck....... Bulluck. OUCH! While I hate the Titans, I feel for you.

Never, ever, should Chet, errrrr Dud be on a ticket.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #31
eriadoc
Texan-American

I know, but I don't think I was too clear on what I was saying. If the league as a whole is doing what you quoted from the Texans website, and Bud has decided on "No Refunds, No Exchanges", and it works, eventually the rest of the NFL will catch on and copycat.

I don't know that's what Bud is doing, though. I do know that the Texans and Cards aren't doing it - yet.
Old 01-19-2009   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post

Nice!!! Rep. if I could!!
Old 01-19-2009   #33
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #34
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea that's the case with all playoff tickets. As a PSL holder, the $82 goes toward next season's season-tickets. So while the ticket is indeed non-refundable, we won't really lose that money.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Yea that's the case with all playoff tickets. As a PSL holder, the $82 goes toward next season's season-tickets. So while the ticket is indeed non-refundable, we won't really lose that money.
Kinda figured... I'd be cool with that.
Old 01-19-2009   #36
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Hold up - do I understand this correctly? You had to pay $82 for a ticket (plus incidentals, I'm sure), and now you're just out of that money with no game to show for it? No refunds, no exchanges?

Didn't someone else post a similar story here about the Cards tickets? People had to buy the tickets in advance, and if the team didn't make it, a credit would be issued for the following season ticket package, IIRC. If this is the direction the NFL is headed, I'm glad I got out when I did.
That's not entirely the case. PSL holders have that advantage in TN, we don't have to buy tickets for both rounds but if we don't we lose the license and rights to that seat if the Titans advance to the next round.

Single-game tickets went on sale the week of the Ravens game and would have gone on sale last week had we advanced. The only people with a chance to buy a ticket to the AFFCG would have been PSL holders, I believe.

To me, "No Refunds" simply means that all sales are final. I would imagine most teams handle it that way. Once you buy it, its yours. If you want your money back go sell it.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #37
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's what I do. I try to clear my mind of all preconceptions. I try to empty all the clutter from my imagination and shut out all external distractions. I try to attain a state of complete emptiness. When I think I'm ready I stare at that picture and try to lock onto the first thing that pops into my mind.

There's no contest. It's Grandpa Munster.
Old 01-19-2009   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fumbles? Nope. Officiating? No way. Injuries, week off, conspiracy? Not a chance.

It was fate.

As a PSL holder, we went ahead a purchased both the Divisional and Championship game tickets for our seats. The Divisional game had Fisher on the front; who was on the AFCCG ticket....

We didn't stand a chance..... bastard
holy....freakin'....COW!!!

Thanks for sharing. I have no doubt that the Curse of Bud reared it's ugly head once again. That's just hideous!
Old 01-19-2009   #39
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

hahaha yes!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 258627 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, am I glad than man is out of Houston football. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read