Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-10-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bud Adams Appreciation Thread

Bud, I personally want to thank you for taking your curse with you to Nashville. For so many years we had our hopes dashed and our hearts broken in the postseason. Now instead of being crushed to tears we can now sit back and laugh.

We now have a new lease on life with a new organization. We feel the Texans are close and when they do start making the postseason we hope they will not underachieve, choke, and even be victimized by bad calls as your teams have always done over all these years.

Again, thanks for sparing us the heartache. In honor of you we will display a new header graphic on this board throughout the playoffs.

If any other fans want to share your kind thoughts, please do.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Bud, I personally want to thank you for taking your curse with you to Nashville. For so many years we had our hopes dashed and our hearts broken in the postseason. Now instead of being crushed to tears we can now sit back and laugh.

We now have a new lease on life with a new organization. We feel the Texans are close and when they do start making the postseason we hope they will not underachieve, choke, and even be victimized by bad calls as your teams have always done over all these years.

Again, thanks for sparing us the heartache. In honor of you we will display a new header graphic on this board throughout the playoffs.

Well said, I even made a Bud Adams appreciation signature!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #3
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Bud Adams Appreciation Thread

Quote:

The way they lost just seems fitting. The Ravens have a good team, but I would have been surprised if the Titans didn't make any mistakes today.
Old 01-10-2009   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

You Suck Bud!!

You worthless piece of human filth!!!

Ha Ha Ha Titans Lose!!!!

I love it!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well said Hookem. That game was eerily Oileresque.
Old 01-11-2009   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that both the Tits and Cowgirls are out of the playoffs, I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the games for what they are.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
You Suck Bud!!

You worthless piece of human filth!!!

Ha Ha Ha Titans Lose!!!!

I love it!
Hold on just a damned minute pal! I'm offended. As a member of the human race I'm insulted that you would DARE insinuate that Bud Adams is one of us! But to be fair you're right he does suck and is worthless.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2009   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

shouldn't this be the "Bud Adams depreciation thread"?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
shouldn't this be the "Bud Adams depreciation thread"?
I guess it depends on how you look at it. For example my feelings toward Bud haven't depreciated one bit since I first realized he was the devil in an ugly suit and I hated his very existence.
Old 01-11-2009   #10
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is this Bud Adams figure everyone here speaks so kindly about?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #11
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one don't believe Bud Adams is the devil. I think they are very good friends who probably text each other all day long.
Old 01-11-2009   #12
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Well said Hookem. That game was eerily Oileresque.
Reminded me of the KC game when the Oilers had home field throughout and everyone penciled them in for the Super Bowl.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is precisely what I was thinking last night as I savored the sweet taste of revenge (served up really cold---tastes best that way).

And it occurred to me: if that piece of crap team had still been in Houston I would be devastated right now. I'd be losing sleep and avoiding the television and internet. But now, I can't get enough of the re-hash on ESPN and I can't wait to read my next Titan obituary online.

Thank you, Bud! Thank you for taking that crappy team and your poisonous ways out of Houston. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #14
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I shall taunt Bud with a dancing Elmo.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Reminded me of the KC game when the Oilers had home field throughout and everyone penciled them in for the Super Bowl.
That was the exact game I was thinking of whenever I was watching Saturday...!!!

BTW, Props to whoever changed the top of the page!! AWESOME!!
Old 01-12-2009   #16
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Great addition to the page but why do you have Captian Kirk choking next to Bud?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Great addition to the page but why do you have Captian Kirk choking next to Bud?
It was the only "choking" graphic I found that worked.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #18
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah.... It looks like this was their Super bowl this year......and they lost it again! It does my heart well to see bud's franchise give the people of Appalachia more to agonize about. Titans Loss, With or with out teeth, Should I marry my sister or my cousin, or just stick with the uncle.....Ha Ha Ha. I have some sympathy cards to mail out today. Looks like my voodoo worked on the pies and the titans.
Old 01-12-2009   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember when all trolls and even Chris Johnson called our game against them our Super Bowl because we won. Well I guess the game against the Steelers was there Super Bowl.
Old 02-03-2009   #20
gunny
Go Titans

It's nice a loser franchise has something to celebrate.

You might get a public holiday IF you ever get over .500
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read