Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-10-2009   #1
3BD
waterboy

Default 2009 mocks

Check this out. There are a ton of mock listings, but this database is the old hailredskins, the original. They have 116 mocks listed for 2009.

NFL Mock Draft Database
3BD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 mocks

http://sidelinescouting.com/blog/mock-draft/

This one has us taking Crabree at 15. Can you imagine AJ, Schaub, Slaton, and Crabtree?
Old 01-10-2009   #3
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

This one has us taking Crabree at 15. Can you imagine AJ, Schaub, Slaton, and Crabtree?
I was thinking about the other day. That would make our offense damn difficult to deal with. First you have to deal with Crabtree and AJ outside. Then you have to deal with the Mismatches Walter would create from the slot. OD in the seams and oh yeah Steve Slaton running and out of the backfield. That is a nightmare for DCs around the league. If somehow he fell here I sure hope we wouldn't pass on that.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #4
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was thinking about the other day. That would make our offense damn difficult to deal with. First you have to deal with Crabtree and AJ outside. Then you have to deal with the Mismatches Walter would create from the slot. OD in the seams and oh yeah Steve Slaton running and out of the backfield. That is a nightmare for DCs around the league. If somehow he fell here I sure hope we wouldn't pass on that.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #5
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 879 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

He will never drop to us, that would be amazing though.
Old 01-10-2009   #6
Ckw

Judging from the playoffs, especially from teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc., I would much rather have a dominant defense. An average offense paired with a great defense wins Super Bowls. A great offense with an average defense might win games but will almost assuredly get knocked out when it counts the most.
Old 01-10-2009   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Judging from the playoffs, especially from teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc., I would much rather have a dominant defense. An average offense paired with a great defense wins Super Bowls. A great offense with an average defense might win games but will almost assuredly get knocked out when it counts the most.
playoffs are all about turnovers, produced by offense generated by defense
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually think Walter is a great #2 to complement AJ. He's exacty what you want in a #2. That being said, the Texans would be a relaly fun team to play with on Madden
Old 01-11-2009   #9
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft Tek is a pretty good mock...6 rounds

Last edited by rarazz00; 01-11-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: mis spelling
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 31193 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

How far do you guys think Crabtree will fall if he runs a 4.6 in the 40 yard dash?

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is a hell of a receiver and I think he will excel in the NFL but I just don't think he has the kind of straight line speed that is going to dazzle the scouts at the combine.

I have a gut feeling that his stock is going to take a big hit after he gets clocked at the combine or on his pro day.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:

Well .... they have vontae davis going at pick 14 ... and 16, he's going to make BANK signing 2 contracts.
Old 01-11-2009   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.drafttek.com/simulator/
Old 01-12-2009   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
That thing's awesome! When I did it, they had our picks as:
1) Taylor Mays- FS, USC
2) Darius Butler- CB, Connecticut
3) Rashad Jennings- RB, Liberty

I think I would love that draft but we didn't address our DL which I think is critical... at least our secondary should be completely finished and Slaton has a nice partner.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
1) Taylor Mays- FS, USC

I think I would love that draft but we didn't address our DL which I think is critical... at least our secondary should be completely finished and Slaton has a nice partner.
Maybe it knows we are going to sign Julius Peppers!
Old 01-12-2009   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe it knows we are going to sign Julius Peppers!
My gawd, that would solve a lot of problems! Marinelli would be kicking himself in the rear. Being able to coach a DL of Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye and Julius Peppers!? LOL
Old 01-12-2009   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54157 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) Taylor Mays- FS, USC

I ran it and got the same thing. I would love that draft but if I was going to cherry pick, and I am, Im going Alex Mack in the second. OH yeh and sign Peppers as a free agent to address the DL!

These four additions alone would be a great offseason IMO. Mack and Jennings should improve our short yardage game Peppers along with Mario will be getting QB's in a hurry and making Mays look like the next Ronnie Lott.

Wow I just noticed Raji is available at 15. I have to change my cherry.

1st.) Raji
2nd.) Mack
3rd.) Jennings
FA.) Peppers.

Hows that for addressing the DL! Our DL would look like

Mario Raji Okoye Peppers

Peyton who?????
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I
Wow I just noticed Raji is available at 15. I have to change my cherry.

1st.) Raji
2nd.) Mack
3rd.) Jennings
FA.) Peppers.

Mario Raji Okoye Peppers
Dang... that would be a majorly awesome draft. I would LOVE it.

Another option would be:
1) Taylor Mays- S
2) Alex Mack- C or Shonn Greene- RB
3) Ron Brace- DT (the other run stuffing Boston College DT)

If you take Mack in the 2nd, we could probably find a decent RB in the 4th.
Old 01-12-2009   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dang... that would be a majorly awesome draft. I would LOVE it.

Another option would be:
1) Taylor Mays- S
2) Alex Mack- C or Shonn Greene- RB
3) Ron Brace- DT (the other run stuffing Boston College DT)

If you take Mack in the 2nd, we could probably find a decent RB in the 4th.
I edited the draft simulator . I kept Taylor Mays but I changed the 2nd round pick to Shonn Green and it then gave me CB Keenan Lewis in the 3rd .
Old 01-12-2009   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone is saying Peppers will be franchised but that should be a whole lot of $. Can someone give me useful info on the DT B.J. Raji? His team mate Ron Brace a D tackle has had 26 tackles and 2 QB sacks last two years but is never mentioned. If he could be had at a lower round, Brace may resolve our stop the run weakness & save us a 1st round. Brace is 22 YOA, 6'3" 324 lbs and is a senior. Info on either would be appreciated. Steve
Old 01-12-2009   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I edited the draft simulator . I kept Taylor Mays but I changed the 2nd round pick to Shonn Green and it then gave me CB Keenan Lewis in the 3rd .
I like Mays and Green but think we can use Mays to bait a trade down with more bang for our buck.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read