Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-22-2005   #21
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'm VINNY!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait... that's right I'm Spartacus.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #22
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default thanks for input Infantrycak and others

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we can him for at least another season. Don't want him to become the 2005 Lawyer Milloy.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Infantry's response was good. Glenn gets to some balls and gets his hands on passes that many guys never get a shot on. He likes to jump routes and still has great reaction time. He makes good decisions and understands the game. I find the bad hands rap a strange one.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #24
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yea i dont find it strange....glenn has great hands, but sports writers that dont watch every game and really study the player will see one bad game in this case the bears were he was droppin all the punts and kickoffs....which i think is a load of **** cause like infantry said he had 4 passes def. and 1 int so its just some writer not sure on wat hes writing to have a story.
Old 04-22-2005   #25
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Since this is a LP article I couldn't resist.

Len Pasquarelli

Uncle Don Vito (from the Viva la Bam MTV show)

Coincidence? I think not.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #26
LBblitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346

Len Pasquarelli

:woot :woot :woot :woot good one, I will have to show some of my friends.
Old 04-22-2005   #27
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
-- Jets Could Target Glenn --
Fri Apr 22, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports with a pressing need at corner, CB Aaron Glenn could be re-acquired from the Houston Texans by the New York Jets for a pretty modest price. Sure, he's going to be 33 in mid-July, just before training camp begins. And, yes, he still has some of the most dubious hands of any corner in the NFL, and drops as many interceptions as he makes. But Glenn, who almost certainly would have to restructure his contract for the Jets, still had five pickoffs in 2004. He's had four or more interceptions in five of the past seven campaigns. Look at the other veteran corners still in the unemployment line, and suddenly, for the Jets, Glenn might not look like such a bad option.
ESPN.com is a reliable source, but I still hope that the Texans don't get rid of Glenn because I think he could easily still start if he does stay. Not sure if this was already posted, sorry if it was.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #28
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Len Pasquarelli

The similarities are uncanny :woot ...Hahaha funniest thing I've seen all day...
Old 04-23-2005   #29
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:

Len Pasquarelli

Were those 2 seperated at birth that's great. good post.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #30
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default LP's image

I always wondered why LP doesn't get any air time on ESPN. ESPN discriminates against commentators who look like. Like Mort and Clayton, he is privy to lots of inside info, yet we never see him on sportscenter. Only once in a while on EsPNews. What's up with that??
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #31
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

NO WAY we trade glenn, we need all the CBs we can get to compete in the AFC South, plus Glenn is still a top 15 CB in the league.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #32
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Vinny! You thought I was negative before, wait till you hear this. If you trade AG who represents what's good about the Texans and probably the defensive leader, you can kiss all of the goodwill and respect of players goodbye. I hope this is just another one of those wild rumors, but when Capers talked about AG's meeting with him to me there was something missing. May be there is something to this rumor. No O-line change and trading AG smells like a coaching staff in a tail spin. Capers was fairly emphatic about having done a through study of Buchannon. Is Casserly too trusting of Capers? Capers has blinders with respect to any other part of the game, except for Defense. Again, that's his comfort level and to the hxxx with everything else. AG met DROB with open arms. Perhaps they consulted with AG with respect to the draft. If you listen closely, its apparent they did not let AG know about this trade until after the fact. May be AG knew some things and would have liked to have had some input as the Defensive Team Leader and a devoted Texan. May be it looked to him like he was being pushed out. May be Sharper was right?

When you listen to Buchannon he sounds like an alright guy. Even mentions the Lord in his press conference. Says he wants to work with Glenn and respects him. Then you read about some of his antics with Oakland you begin scratching your head, because it doesn't sound like the Buchannon you just saw and heard in an interview. Did Buchannon do some of the things he did because of peer pressure? In other words did he do things to look like one of the guys (Oakland)? I would expect they are kind of a strange group to get along with.

I hope all of this is a miscommunication and that its basically untrue. The Texan's really don't need this kind of nonsense. AG means too much to this ball club. I would like to see AG retire a Texan. He has been good for the community, good for the Texans, and good for the Fans. I would love to see an immediate response by the Texans squashing this rumor, particularly, since some of it seems to be coming from a National News Organization like ESPN. In fact I would almost call it tampering.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #33
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

This may be the first, and possibly last, time I agree with the Rabi...Glenn is the personification of what the Texans stand for...He is good in the community--just this past month, he donated $15,000 to the Aldine ISD scholarship fund (it may not be a lot for him, but every little bit counts...The fact that I am a past recipient of a scholarship from Aldine ISD has nothing to do with my bias, though ), he is a leader on the field, a team player, and a guy that will never be found in any negative headlines...The day we cast him aside is the day that we take a step in the direction of the Crackboys...
Old 04-23-2005   #34
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
This may be the first, and possibly last, time I agree with the Rabi...Glenn is the personification of what the Texans stand for...He is good in the community--just this past month, he donated $15,000 to the Aldine ISD scholarship fund (it may not be a lot for him, but every little bit counts...The fact that I am a past recipient of a scholarship from Aldine ISD has nothing to do with my bias, though ), he is a leader on the field, a team player, and a guy that will never be found in any negative headlines...The day we cast him aside is the day that we take a step in the direction of the Crackboys...
Agreed. If we send AG packing, we lose all credability we have. I would love to see him retire a Texan. He is a great guy. If he gets traded/cut CC should get pimp slaped . I think we need AG more than ever. We need him to give PB a good role model, and we need him to keep teaching DROB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read