Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2008   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our Answer to DE Issue?

I am watching for info on Brandon Graham 6'3" 270 with 4.72 speed. May be available in 2nd depending on where we end up. In first, I want free safety William Moore if there.
Old 12-31-2008   #42
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Does anyone know about this Dan Bazium on our practice Squad??

Second Round pick by the Chicago Bears........
After his two surgeries he still had pain under the knee cap due to a bone on bone condition. After being released by Chicago, on his own, he had a new procedure done where they eject a lubricating substance under the knee cap to take the place of the cartilage he had lost. He's suppose to have this done twice a year I believe.

We'll have to wait and see, but he says this has really worked a miracle and he no longer plays with pain.

Boy I hope this is true and we can see the real player. Although a Babin clone, he WAS just a hair quicker in the 10 and 20 yard range that DE's play in.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #43
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

A real Defensive Coordinator, and a real Nose Tackle will go a long way to fixing the problems at the Defensive End position opposite of Mario.

For Instance, I believe the Texans should find a DC that will run the 4-3 Under as our base defense, maybe someone like Rod Marinelli. Then, during Free Agency we could sign a real NT like Tank Johnson. He probably could be had for a reasonable contract. In the first round if we aren't able to draft a DE maybe a great FS will be there, and then we will get a DE in the second round and a SLB in the third round.

I know he isn't very popular on this board with some people but I think Michael Johnson will be the Texans pick if he falls to 15.

I'm really interested in Clay Matthews at SLB. He is currently being projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. If the Texans could draft him in the 3rd I think that could be a real steal.
Old 12-31-2008   #44
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans are looking for more speed @ RDE. 6040 265 would be ideal. not going to mirror Mario instead compliment. will pay close attention in a few minutes to Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech but don't think he's best fit. when all is said & done Ole Miss DE Junior Greg Hardy could be the name called in April by the Texans. above average length, explosive, elite edge speed unlike any player in a Texans uniform. they play Texas Tech Friday lets see how much pressure he can apply to Graham Harrell. I also like his line mate Jerry Peria, DT 6030 300, tough as nails with non-stop motor with 2nd rd. pick.

line set. end of story.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #45
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

DE is one of the most difficult positions to draft for. It just seems that so many high picks which seem to have the potential don't pan out. It's really a hit or miss proposition. We have invested so many first round picks on the DL, I'd be a little gun shy taking this position so high again.

Who knows what changes our new DC is going to make, but I'd have to seriously consider moving DeMeco to the outside and drafting a bad ass MLB with the first, if he's there. There are several in this draft and one may be available in the middle of the round, where we'll be drafting.

I'd then consider DL in the 2nd. As much as I'd like to improve at OC and OG, I'm going with the idea of drafting defense with our first three picks.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #46
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Everette Brown.
I like the idea, if we can manage to get him in the 2nd round. I'm starting to warm to the idea of going after Cody (DT) or Raji (DT) with our 1st round pick & snagging Brown in the 2nd.

This would be all the sweeter if we go hard after Asomugha in free agency & manage to sign him, along with Dunta. Add a new DC to the mix & we could be one scary defensive team with one hell of a potent offensive team to go along with it.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #47
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesse Nading seemed to play a pretty good game against Chicago. I didn't watch him very much but when i would notice him is when he was using a bull rush and getting pretty good penitration. The game wasn't televised in Austin so I didn't get to go back and key on him but maybe i'll subscribe to that rewind thing and go back and watch...
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #48
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
How is Tank Johnson a REALL NT??? He has the same size as Travis Johnson, don't NTs have to be at least 330-lbs or more? From all the NTs I know of (Haloti Ngata, casey Hampston, etc.) they are around 340 or 330-lbs.
You have to look at how their weight is distributed, not just the number. Also, you can look at how they perform at the point of attack. Tank Johnson isn't pushed off the blocks by one lineman the way Travis Johnson often is.
Old 12-31-2008   #49
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
How is Tank Johnson a REALL NT??? He has the same size as Travis Johnson, don't NTs have to be at least 330-lbs or more? From all the NTs I know of (Haloti Ngata, casey Hampston, etc.) they are around 340 or 330-lbs.
The 2 you named are also NT's in 3-4 Defenses. NT's in 3-4 Defenses typically are larger then NT's in 4-3 Defenses. It is true that Tank Johnson is currently playing NT for a 3-4 Defense in Dallas, but he also played NT in a 4-3 Defense in Chicago, and he was better at it in that alignment in my opinion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read