Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2008   #41
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New contracts - free agents and those with contracts running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
He's is not worth a contract that pays him that much.

I had more, but the above is all there really is too it. I hope he comes back, but if he's after Nate Clements money then he won't be back. And Rick Smith will have made the right descision by letting him walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Daunte is our best corner, but he's not one of the best CBs in the league. However, he is a leader on our defense and inspires others around him to play better. I think we'll see him back.
DR is a great guy and an awesome "presence" in our Defense. Even with all of that, he's never been Top-5 talent-wise in coverage, and even less so coming off the rehab. I can't see the Texans wasting a Franchise Tag on him at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFl&id=2784

We cannot bring in Gamble, he signed a six-year $53 million contract extension with the Panthers.

I'm all for getting Nnamdi Asomugha though. I'd even be willing to give Oakland a 1st and a 3rd for him.
That kid is so good right now, he's scary. I'd be willing to give up a LOT to get him, I'm just not sure about a 1st & 3rd this year.
Old 12-30-2008   #42
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
First off--public service announcement--it is DUNTA, not Daunte or any other variation.

From listening to Dunta his morning on 610 am I think Megan is full of it. By his own words he is at 90% right now and played this year knowing he had to get on the field to get a new contract at all, not a top dollar one. There wasn't a peep of attitude of getting Nate Clements money or anything similar. I expect something north of Jacques Reeves but nothing bank breaking.
This, definately this.
Old 12-30-2008   #43
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
First off--public service announcement--it is DUNTA, not Daunte or any other variation.

From listening to Dunta his morning on 610 am I think Megan is full of it. By his own words he is at 90% right now and played this year knowing he had to get on the field to get a new contract at all, not a top dollar one. There wasn't a peep of attitude of getting Nate Clements money or anything similar. I expect something north of Jacques Reeves but nothing bank breaking.
OK, appreciate the clarification.
Actually there was too much going on this morning as I was listening to OD & Dressen on 1560 while driving to W-Foods for bagels & yogart and had no idea D-Rob was live on the competing station ?
But "north of Jacques Reeves but nothing bank breaking", is music to this Texans fan's ears 'cause if it's really how D-Rob feels I'm confidant that he'll be right here in Houston for a long-time.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #44
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it makes the most sense to franchise Dunta for 2009. It gives him that year to play up to his potential and prove he's back. He certainly didn't play that well in his return. But he does have intangibles. The franchise tag is perfect for a situation like this. Similar to Haynesworth's situation last year. Here's a guy who was really inconsistent and they franchise him to see if he can be consistent two years in a row... he does. he should be the leauge MVP. So he gets paid.

Dunta's issue isn't inconsistency, it's injury. But the tag functions as a probation to see if a player is worth the big payday. I fully expect him to be at 100% next year and can be judged on his play more accurately.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read