Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-29-2008   #21
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY getting mauled on the Titans board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Dread!!!! When's the next time you're going to be at Bubba's??? I'll be sure to be there with my trusty old BAT so I can beat some sense into you!!! His "passion" is for the big bucks he was able to sign for, plus, all the endorsements he has managed to stick under his belt. Does he think endorsing a sausage label puts him on the same level as EARL CAMPBELL??!! The boy is still delusional and needs a full time shrink!!! NO TEXAN JERSEY for this dube, EVER!!!!
It was just a thought...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The Titans started Vince too quickly. That man needed to be groomed into that system a bit better. I say the Texans bring him on board (trade him for Faggins...he aint doing nothing) and let him understudy and learn the Texan's system. Let Kubiack work with him on his passing mechanics and VY will be an awesome QB.
He has the passion, he just needs to fine tune his god given athletic ability.
Bring him home. Tutor him a bit and let him go to work. I think he has the humility needed to be a starter in the NFL and deserves a team that will work with him and appreciates his talent.
Love ya Bro!!! But NO!!!
Old 12-29-2008   #23
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Love ya Bro!!! But NO!!!
But Bill Bud just finished the contract. Signed fresh in blood.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #24
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Well I guess since this is your second post you must think Texan fans in Austin are sowhow a lesser fan. This is getting annoying. What's your problem with us anyway?

We have to put up with things the Houstonian fan doesn't have to deal with. Like scrambling to find games either at bars or online. Like putting up with the arrogant, loudmouthed Cowboy fans at every turn. (Sorry HoustonFrog, the vast majority of Dallas fans I come across in this world are loudmouthed jerks. The Cowboy supporters here are the exception to that rule based on my firsthand experiences. You and Starstruck, among other 'Boys fans here are great). Like living in a town where college sports wins the day and pro sports is just an afterthought, say, when a Longhorn goes pro.

There are thousands of us man. All Texan fans living in Austin are every bit the fan you or anybody else is on this board. As many of us as there are, there are more Longhorn fans, (I know, imagine that, Longhorn fans in Austin, weird isn't it?) some of which could very well have been Oiler fans but are the soulless type to followed them anew, or worse, loved them even more once VY got there, hence the difficulties. You would know that read posts a little more closely.

For the record, I consider the posters on this board and HT.com all tied as the Texans greatest supporters but I do I harbor a soft spot for those of us NOT in Houston where the Texans are catered to you and you can always watch the game at home. You don't have it over anyone here as far as your devotion to the Texans are concerned.

This is screwed up, on top of the above-mentioned annoyances it seems I now have to fight snobbish Texan fans too.
An impassioned Texans fan "NOT" living in Houston being indignant because he thinks his team loyalty is being impugned. I'm truly impressed and if I offended you in any way Showtime I apologize. I sincerely mean that !
BTW I had to work away from home, out of state a few years after we got the Texans and also had to scramble to find places to watch the games so I can appreciate your frustrations. Hopefully they will get more exposure in the Austin area soon, but like with a lot of things that will probably have to wait until the Texans develope some winning ways.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #25
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
1) We don't get to decide. That decision is made by the jagoff station programmers at KEYE

2) The Texans get no credit whatsoever from the UT-centric Austin sports media. These people have no interest in nurturing a central Texas fanbase from the ground up or critically analyzing the team. The only thing they care about is the Texans didn't draft the biggest BMOC in UT history.

3) The Texans front office won't fight for us.

4) Too many outsiders moving to Austin. This city draws people from all over the country because they've heard how fresh and awesomely coooooool and cheap (bullsh*t) it is to live here. Many of them are fans of other NFL teams, so the net effect of the constant population flux dilutes the Texans TV draw.
That explains a lot and I appreciate the info, but I'm really curious about the
comment "The Texans front office won't fight for us." ? I dunno, but I would
have thought McNair would do whatever he can do to expand his very
modest fanbase outside of Houston ?
Old 12-29-2008   #26
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
That explains a lot and I appreciate the info, but I'm really curious about the
comment "The Texans front office won't fight for us." ? I dunno, but I would
have thought McNair would do whatever he can do to expand his very
modest fanbase outside of Houston ?
Nope. A ton of us Austin Texans fans have repeatedly emailed and contact the Texans FO, and I think at some point someone got a reply saying they were concentrating only on Houston and close-in surrounding areas.

You Houston fans don't even have to worry about stuff like this... but you will next year when the blackout protection is over. Then you'll know how we feel when we can't watch the Texans in our home city.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #27
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Nope. A ton of us Austin Texans fans have repeatedly emailed and contact the Texans FO, and I think at some point someone got a reply saying they were concentrating only on Houston and close-in surrounding areas.

You Houston fans don't even have to worry about stuff like this... but you will next year when the blackout protection is over. Then you'll know how we feel when we can't watch the Texans in our home city.
I'm pretty sure that we've been out of Blackout protection since Season 3.

We've had the sellouts for SEVEN straight seasons. (The seats are all sold, but actuall attendance isn't counted in the NFL as it is in MLB) After going 8-8, does anyone really expect us NOT to sellout next year as well?
Old 12-29-2008   #28
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone want to take that thread on the Titans board and do a search and replace of VY with DC?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #29
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
After going 8-8, does anyone really expect us NOT to sellout next year as well?

No one is going to want to miss the unveiling of the 8-8 banner.

Quote of the playoffs .... errr I mean offseason!

Old 12-29-2008   #30
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57403 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

^^^ this post should be moved to the classless titans thread.

Titans fans are all too familiar with going 8-8, eh??
Old 12-29-2008   #32
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
^^^ this post should be moved to the classless titans thread.

Titans fans are all too familiar with going 8-8, eh??
Ahhh 8-8 not enough anymore? Last season it was all the rage. And please if you consider this a 'classless' post you should drop half of yours in the rival area in a Classless Texans fan thread. There have been a lot worst things said on here then making light of a fan base revealing in a .500 season and not making the playoffs.

You gotta admit that it is a little funny that if a team goes 8-8 that it is a given that you will sell out.

Old 12-29-2008   #33
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that we've been out of Blackout protection since Season 3.

We've had the sellouts for SEVEN straight seasons. (The seats are all sold, but actuall attendance isn't counted in the NFL as it is in MLB) After going 8-8, does anyone really expect us NOT to sellout next year as well?
Nope. Blackout protection ends with 2008. It's been discussed in several places during the season.

That's not to say they won't sell out all the games next year - but if they start out poorly again, who knows?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-29-2008   #34
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You gotta admit that it is a little funny that if a team goes 8-8 that it is a given that you will sell out.
How so? We sold out after 2-14, but we can't at 8-8? What logic course did you fail?
Old 12-29-2008   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Ahhh 8-8 not enough anymore? Last season it was all the rage. And please if you consider this a 'classless' post you should drop half of yours in the rival area in a Classless Texans fan thread. There have been a lot worst things said on here then making light of a fan base revealing in a .500 season and not making the playoffs.

I don't see the humor in it. The Texans sold out the year after 2-14. Sold out after 6-10..... And??

I mean the poster himself was clueless errrrrrrrrr classless.
Old 12-29-2008   #36
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
How so? We sold out after 2-14, but we can't at 8-8? What logic course did you fail?
Especially with Slaton as our established RB, Schaub as our established QB... and hopefully a new DC to get everyone excited.

I think we'll be fine.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-29-2008   #37
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

" blackout protection " ?
If games are sellouts (which all games have been here in Houston to date), it's not an issue. And BTW, if you've seen empty seats at Texans' games, they are no-shows of sold seats. So I dunno what your mean by " blackout protection " ?
And didn't know the Texans weren't concentrating on fans beyond metro Houston, but like any organization the Texans do have limited resources.
Old 12-29-2008   #38
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
I seem to have passed one that Texans fans failed. If your team is struggling to get two wins where is the logic in the fan base shelling out a ton of money to sell the stadium out?

Old 12-29-2008   #39
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
I don't see the humor in it. The Texans sold out the year after 2-14. Sold out after 6-10..... And??

I mean the poster himself was clueless errrrrrrrrr classless.
If it were the Titans in the reverse roll it would be humorous.

Old 12-29-2008   #40
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Back on topic....................

Vince Gump is a turd
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read