Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-28-2008   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default VY getting mauled on the Titans board

Quote:
ive been a supporter of vince all year i still where the jersey on gameday i thought maybe he had learned alot sitting behind kerry. however he cant even score on the backups so at this point the vince jersey is in the trash and im just going to order a personalized one since it seems the titans havent had a big stick around star since well earl campbell eddie george or steve mcnair. im done with vince he neeeds to be gone from our team. VINCE YOU LET ME DOWN!!!!
http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=42634

As an Austin resident this is pretty entertaining. I just can't believe those Titans fans are so blinded to Vince's greatness.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY getting mauled on the Titans board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

As an Austin resident this is pretty entertaining. I just can't believe those Titans fans are so blinded to Vince's greatness.
I dunno, does this mean Texans fans in Austin (both of them) will get to view Texans games on TV next year instead of Titans games ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #3
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

So, you mean VY is a great pro football player and the fans just don't realize it?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, does this mean Texans fans in Austin (both of them) will get to view Texans games on TV next year instead of Titans games ?
I kind of resent that. If you look you will notice many of us on this board alone. There are many Texan fans in Austin, you work for the Texans FO or something?

In Houston you guys can walk the streets freely, but here it's a full time job just keeping the authorities from finding out who we are and where we live. I have loved ones to protect you know.

J/K

Old 12-28-2008   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are a ton of Titans fans in Austin. The Titans got on KEYE all season this year, even with Vince on the bench.

One week this season when there was a Titans game on KEYE at the same time as a Cowboys game on FOX in Austin - the ratings for the Titans game was only a few tenths lower than the Cowboys game.

So the Titans... somehow... still have a HUGE following in Austin.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, I misread this the first time.

Dude. There isn't a bigger Texans fan alive than me, and I'm in Austin. As are thousands of others.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans started Vince too quickly. That man needed to be groomed into that system a bit better. I say the Texans bring him on board (trade him for Faggins...he aint doing nothing) and let him understudy and learn the Texan's system. Let Kubiack work with him on his passing mechanics and VY will be an awesome QB.
He has the passion, he just needs to fine tune his god given athletic ability.
Bring him home. Tutor him a bit and let him go to work. I think he has the humility needed to be a starter in the NFL and deserves a team that will work with him and appreciates his talent.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2008   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Vince Young just can't throw a pass further than 15 yrds accurately. Bottom line, that is unacceptable in the NFL.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

What gets me on the thread on the Titans board. some are saying Vince is rusty and hasn't thrown a pass since week one.. well what does that say about sorgi for the Colts?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #10
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Young is terrible ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

To you Texans fans in Austin - why the hell can't you get Texans games in
your hometown if there are so many of you ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Dude. There isn't a bigger Texans fan alive than me, and I'm in Austin.

Um, no. I am the biggest Texans fan ever.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The program director for the local cbs is a lying pile of poo. I would swear he has some stock in the ratings the cowgirls get on the fox station.
Old 12-29-2008   #14
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The Titans started Vince too quickly. That man needed to be groomed into that system a bit better. I say the Texans bring him on board (trade him for Faggins...he aint doing nothing) and let him understudy and learn the Texan's system. Let Kubiack work with him on his passing mechanics and VY will be an awesome QB.
Bring him home. Tutor him a bit and let him go to work. I think he has the humility needed to be a starter in the NFL and deserves a team that will work with him and appreciates his talent.

yeah, bring him here so I could start off my Sunday by booing him and letting him know his suckiness, everytime he comes out of the tunnel in "his House".
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I guess since this is your second post you must think Texan fans in Austin are sowhow a lesser fan. This is getting annoying. What's your problem with us anyway?

We have to put up with things the Houstonian fan doesn't have to deal with. Like scrambling to find games either at bars or online. Like putting up with the arrogant, loudmouthed Cowboy fans at every turn. (Sorry HoustonFrog, the vast majority of Dallas fans I come across in this world are loudmouthed jerks. The Cowboy supporters here are the exception to that rule based on my firsthand experiences. You and Starstruck, among other 'Boys fans here are great). Like living in a town where college sports wins the day and pro sports is just an afterthought, say, when a Longhorn goes pro.

There are thousands of us man. All Texan fans living in Austin are every bit the fan you or anybody else is on this board. As many of us as there are, there are more Longhorn fans, (I know, imagine that, Longhorn fans in Austin, weird isn't it?) some of which could very well have been Oiler fans but are the soulless type to followed them anew, or worse, loved them even more once VY got there, hence the difficulties. You would know that read posts a little more closely.

For the record, I consider the posters on this board and HT.com all tied as the Texans greatest supporters but I do I harbor a soft spot for those of us NOT in Houston where the Texans are catered to you and you can always watch the game at home. You don't have it over anyone here as far as your devotion to the Texans are concerned.

This is screwed up, on top of the above-mentioned annoyances it seems I now have to fight snobbish Texan fans too.
Old 12-29-2008   #16
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Couldn't have said it better myself Showtime. Rep coming your way.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans fans are great no matter where they live.

It is tons easier to be a Texans fan if you live in Houston. The fans who live out of town have to work so much harder to see the games and find Texans gear. I to all of you.
Old 12-29-2008   #18
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) We don't get to decide. That decision is made by the jagoff station programmers at KEYE

2) The Texans get no credit whatsoever from the UT-centric Austin sports media. These people have no interest in nurturing a central Texas fanbase from the ground up or critically analyzing the team. The only thing they care about is the Texans didn't draft the biggest BMOC in UT history.

3) The Texans front office won't fight for us.

4) Too many outsiders moving to Austin. This city draws people from all over the country because they've heard how fresh and awesomely coooooool and cheap (bullsh*t) it is to live here. Many of them are fans of other NFL teams, so the net effect of the constant population flux dilutes the Texans TV draw.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Not only do us Texans fans in Austin have to fight Longhorn fans, Cowgirl fans but we also have to fight the Texans marketing department as well. I can not go to the local academy store here and get anything with the Texans on it. In preseason (like with ABC 13 in Houston) we had a station here that would call themselves the home of The Houston Texans and the cowgirls for preseason but would not show the Texans games last year (unless they played the cowgirls), this year the last year of the contract for preseason games we got a few on UPN/MyNetwork crap but not all of them.

When the front office of the Texans starts giving a shit about markets outside of the Houston area or 50 mile radius. We should include SA in this discussion as well because they get the same treatment.

I can bet you that JJ makes sure you can get cowgirl crap from Amarillo to Brownsville and El Paso to Tyler, and here I am not to damn far away from Houston and I can not get a damn thing. That is just flat-out crappy marketing and merchandising.
Old 12-29-2008   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Dread!!!! When's the next time you're going to be at Bubba's??? I'll be sure to be there with my trusty old BAT so I can beat some sense into you!!! His "passion" is for the big bucks he was able to sign for, plus, all the endorsements he has managed to stick under his belt. Does he think endorsing a sausage label puts him on the same level as EARL CAMPBELL??!! The boy is still delusional and needs a full time shrink!!! NO TEXAN JERSEY for this dube, EVER!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read