Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2008   #1
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs Da Bears Gameday Thread

Last game of the season and I would love to show Da Bears some Texans hospitality by knocking them out of playoff contention.

It looks like a beautiful day to have the roof open:

Partly Cloudy
High 60° F
Precip: 10%
A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High around 60F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Old 12-28-2008   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Da Bears Gameday Thread

The Bears will want this more than the Texans and will go back to Chicago playoff contenders. JMO. After watching that horrendous display of pathetic football by our boys last week, I just don't have that much faith they will pull this one off. NOW, I hope to hell they prove me wrong!!

As for the weather, I wish it was about 20 degrees colder, but, I'll take it. A nice day for football for sure.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Should be nice inside the stadium, at least I hope so. I will be heading towards Reliant in about 30 mins or so, should be there by 9:30 AM....
Old 12-28-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh and I think we will win!!!!
Old 12-28-2008   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

GO TEXANS!!!!!!

:

As to the Da Bears: :

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Dammit, it just started pouring here. And I live 15 min from Reliant. See if I ever trust the weather channel again.
Old 12-28-2008   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Which Bears team will we get today? Which will we put on the field? In a few short hours, we'll have the answer. This wasn't the first playoff campaign I was hoping for, but there DOES appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

The question is...

Is it the sunlight of the playoffs in the future?

-OR-

Is it the Freight Train of next season about to roll right over us next year?

Here's hoping the Texans finish this one out right.
If the Texans can't GO to the playoffs, then let's finish up by making sure that the Bears get to watch 'em from their nice, warm living rooms as well!
Old 12-28-2008   #8
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

I've actually a good feeling about this game. I say we win by 2 TDs!! Go Texans!!!
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's just get this win.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Playing well, winning, & finishing the season on a positive note would be preferable to losing but the upside to losing is a higher slot in the upcoming Draft. But the bottom-line is that from the Texans perspective this game is
relatively meaningless for now and the future and was ever since we were eliminated from an opportunity to qualify for the playoffs.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #11
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, luckily I missed last weeks game altogether. I was in Mexico at a resort and set my TiVo to record. Either I had too much stuff recorded or god forrbid me to watch the thing because I tried to watch it last night and itonly went ten minutes.

Basically I know jack about last weeks game.

So I think we have a good shot today!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #12
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Basically I know jack about last weeks game.
You're a lucky man! Also I've got a feeling AJ has a big game today, and that we have no turnovers.

I'm a little worried about the running game though because Bears have good run d. But we saw what Slaton did to the Titans' defense!

Texans win by 10.

GO TEXANS!
Mari-OWNED! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Playing well, winning, & finishing the season on a positive note would be preferable to losing but the upside to losing is a higher slot in the upcoming Draft. But the bottom-line is that from the Texans perspective this game is
relatively meaningless for now and the future and was ever since we were eliminated from an opportunity to qualify for the playoffs.
Last year four teams ended up 8-8, the Texans got the 18th slot in the draft. Those four teams took up the 16th through 19th slots in the draft. There were seven teams with a 7-9 records and they took up the 9th through the 15th slots.

Right now there are 18 teams in the league that can possibly end up 8-8 or worse so the worst that can happen is we pick 18th again. However, you've got four of those that are 8-7 and a few of those might move to 9-7, and you've got Phlly at 8-6-1.

I would say even if we go 8-8 we still end up with a better slot than last year, even if it's only by a few positions. There are 9 teams with 5 or less wins, so they will draft ahead of us. San Fran is at 6-9.

Depending on a lot of things, we could end up with anywhere from about the 11th to the 15th or 16th pick. If we lose today, we'd probably get anywhere from the 11th to 13th or 14th, if we win we could get anywhere from about the 13th to 16. This is all speculation of course, and we’ll know it all by the end of the day.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #14
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

For livestreaming http://www.justin.tv/gaming1, beware it is Bears friendly.
Old 12-28-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
For livestreaming http://www.justin.tv/gaming1, beware it is Bears friendly.
Awesome man, thanks alot for the stream.

Also there is a confirm stream at myp2pforum, just in case that doesn't work or if it lags. Possibly the same stream though.

Hopefully this is the game that will finally send Richard Smith to the eternal gates of hell..

A.K.A the unemployment line.

Let's finish strong.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #16
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Not liking what is going on with the weather right now. We looked helpless in the muck last week. Hopefully we learned something and make some adjustments.
Old 12-28-2008   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Texans Inactives:

SS Nick Ferguson
CB Matteral Richardson
DB David Pittman
LB Xavier Adibi
C Chris White
OT Rashad Butler
WR Darnell Jenkins
DT Frank Okam
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #18
UK_Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 21 UK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performer

Not overly confident for tonight TBH
UK_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Texans Inactives:

SS Nick Ferguson
CB Matteral Richardson
DB David Pittman
LB Xavier Adibi
C Chris White
OT Rashad Butler
WR Darnell Jenkins
DT Frank Okam
Meh, I really wish they would have Okam active but whatever. I guess we won't get to see the X-man anymore this season
Old 12-28-2008   #20
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it raining at Reliant? Anybody know?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read