Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-21-2005   #21
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched Hoke work with the DBs in camp last year. He's a master drill sergeant type and it will be interesting to watch the interaction as he breaks down PB.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #22
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspect that it will be a bit of ruff going at first. I doubt that PB has been in a real controlled inviroment where he will be expected to toe the line and do things a certain way for a real long time, if ever. Should be a bit of a culture shock. I hope he doesn't wind up resenting it and wind up being a hardhead.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a class organization and we should be proud. I'm going to embrace this group because there will be a day when Casserly, Capers, and even McNair are gone and there's no guarantee that they won't be replaced with the Bidwell's, Jones's, McCombs', or York's of this world.[/quote] Or worse... BUD ADAMS
Old 04-22-2005   #24
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
I'm wishing Houston would've done something better on the LB or DL front...I do hope the Texans...can accomplish something regarding DL depth. I frankly expect either Payne or Walker to miss huge chunks of this upcoming season
Amen brother. I'm not nearly as concerned about getting another wide receiver, running back, or even offensive lineman as I am about the durability of Payne and Walker. We need QUALITY depth at those positions or our linebackers won't be putting pressure on the QB.

Both of those guys were good WHEN HEALTHY, but then again so was Tony Boselli.
Erratic Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #25
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Assassin
Amen brother. I'm not nearly as concerned about getting another wide receiver, running back, or even offensive lineman as I am about the durability of Payne and Walker. We need QUALITY depth at those positions or our linebackers won't be putting pressure on the QB.

Both of those guys were good WHEN HEALTHY, but then again so was Tony Boselli.
It's still April... we haven't even had the draft yet!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #26
outofhnd
All Pro

no kidding WE may be looking at DL and LB in the draft so we picked up good players at other positions?

Ever think that was possible?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read