Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-25-2008   #261
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Bingo. Exactly what I told those fine Tennessee folks that graced Blue Crew with their presence two weeks ago. Our hatred for their team will die with Dud..
I kinda have to agree with Sir William on this one. If Bud either sold the team or died and the Titans won the Superbowl I for one would be happy for em. But as long as he draws breath...I can't support them.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #262
Eddyc85
Rookie

Quote:
Sure we have and that is why we are doing it. Actually the Titans choked against the Bills the year they went to the Super Bowl by giving up all those last minute plays to the Bills allowing them to kick the game winning field goal. The game should have ended that way if it wasn't for the Immaculate Deception (illegal forward pass on the kick off) otherwise known as the "Music City Miracle". The refs really blew that one screwing the Bills. Of course it didn't result into a championship as they choked one yard short in the SB.

Of course it has been infertility ever since.
Keep telling yourself that Chris Berman, never mind that it's been analyzed to death and EVERYONE with at least half a brain agrees it was a lateral, but your probably right.

Quote:
It is idiotic to think that maybe, just MAYBE some of us were OILER fans and lived through some tough times in the playoffs with them. And for Bud to do what he did to Houston, I would think we would have the right to wish failure on that team.
And yet you've lived through zero playoff moments with the Texans, ergo, stop calling us "chokers" (again it's stupid because we never choked anything) when the Texans have never even been in a position to choke anything because your team sucks.

Now enjoy watching us in the playoffs, I'll be pulling for you guys against the Bears, I mean your going for 8 wins, a thing like that only happens once in a blue moon for Houston.
Old 12-25-2008   #263
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans actually choked on the Texans 13-12 a few weeks ago.
Old 12-25-2008   #264
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyc85 View Post
And yet you've lived through zero playoff moments with the Texans, ergo, stop calling us "chokers" (again it's stupid because we never choked anything) when the Texans have never even been in a position to choke anything because your team sucks.

Now enjoy watching us in the playoffs, I'll be pulling for you guys against the Bears, I mean your going for 8 wins, a thing like that only happens once in a blue moon for Houston.
I think you missed the point that was made by my post.

The Titans were no more to me when 2002 came and Houston was awarded a franchise. Only reason I followed the Titans before that was because of players that played in Houston, moved on to Tennessee. I still wished well for Bruce Mathews,Eddie George and others. As far as my point went, many fans of the Texans were fans of the Oilers and we endured "choke" jobs that Bud's teams did over the years.

Mentality of some Titan fans is that they want all the glory and none of the History of Bud's team. Titan fans act like the Tennessee Titans were an expansion team with no history. Sorry but you have to take the good with the bad

At least the titan website does
http://www.titansonline.com/press_bo...510History.pdf

That was the point I was making. It wasn't about whether or not the Texans have had a winning season or not, it was about a lot of us have seen the choke job first hand with the team your owner owns. Seems Bud recognizes the history of his franchise, too bad some of the fans don't.. There were some awesome times with the franchise and there were some horrible times with the franchise in important situations

Y'all are lucky enough that Bud was smart to keep Jeff Fisher, he is a hell of a coach.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #265
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67068 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
The Titans actually choked on the Texans 13-12 a few weeks ago.
Keep hanging your hat on that, it's all you got. We'll move on to bigger and better things, like watching my youngsters plant Big Ben all game and clinch homefield.

How did your followup go?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #266
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67068 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

The Titans were no more to me when 2002 came and Houston was awarded a franchise. Only reason I followed the Titans before that was because of players that played in Houston, moved on to Tennessee. I still wished well for Bruce Mathews,Eddie George and others. As far as my point went, many fans of the Texans were fans of the Oilers and we endured "choke" jobs that Bud's teams did over the years.

Mentality of some Titan fans is that they want all the glory and none of the History of Bud's team. Titan fans act like the Tennessee Titans were an expansion team with no history. Sorry but you have to take the good with the bad

That was the point I was making. It wasn't about whether or not the Texans have had a winning season or not, it was about a lot of us have seen the choke job first hand with the team your owner owns. Seems Bud recognizes the history of his franchise, too bad some of the fans don't.. There were some awesome times with the franchise and there were some horrible times with the franchise in important situations

Y'all are lucky enough that Bud was smart to keep Jeff Fisher, he is a hell of a coach.
I've suffered and sweated out this organization for 30 long years. I am praying my payoff finally comes this year, as much as I know most of you are nauseated by that possibility (and understandable).

Old 12-25-2008   #267
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I've suffered and sweated out this organization for 30 long years. I am praying my payoff finally comes this year, as much as I know most of you are nauseated by that possibility (and understandable).
Toronto, I can't speak for everyone on the board, but my issue personally is with the old bastard with the dead cat on his head. I've no emnity against the team...but it's an extension of Bud. He has a coronary tomorrow and the boys from Nashville win a superbowl many of us would be happy for them.

Realistically by White and that other cat stomping on the towel...you threw down the gauntlet. If you win it won't be pretty it will be painful and injury riddled. If you win the superbowl will be played with 2nd and 3rd stringers and will be embarrassing and an NFC victory.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #268
Eddyc85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

So by calling us chokers your just making fun of a team you used to root for? That makes no sense. But even so it's not like that's what the Oilers were notorious for. The Browns and Bills are notorious for choking, the Oilers really weren't. At times they did but what team hasn't? Teams like the Vikings, Bengals and Eagles have all had teams better than those old Oiler teams were and people don't call them chokers. That wasn't the Oilers identity though.
Old 12-25-2008   #269
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear ya. There were some good times

I have to echo what dread said.

I just don't want to see Bud holding up that trophy.
Old 12-25-2008   #270
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
So by calling us chokers your just making fun of a team you used to root for? That makes no sense. But even so it's not like that's what the Oilers were notorious for. The Browns and Bills are notorious for choking, the Oilers really weren't. At times they did but what team hasn't? Teams like the Vikings, Bengals and Eagles have all had teams better than those old Oiler teams were and people don't call them chokers. That wasn't the Oilers identity though.
Well it is like the saying, when something happens, It is always funny when it isn't you.

In this case, It wasn't funny when I saw the Oilers go to Denver and lost .. Stagger lee anyone?
Or when the defense pummeled Montana against the chiefs and only lose the game still

or the infamous game in Buffalo.

Those weren't funny at the time , but Bud decided what he had to do. Now my memory isn't as good as others (as Texan bills recollection on a post above).. The fans that lived in Houston got a front row seat to it all, I was in living in central texas for some of that time and West Texas for the rest of it, so I didn't get all the info of what was going on with the city and Bud, just small reports in the paper (cowboys country)

.. What I can remember is Bud had Houston revamp the Astrodome, take the score board down and add seats (no problem with that), and a few seasons later, he wants a new stadium , then dangles the threat of the move to Jacksonville and tries to hold the city hostage over that. Then Houston fans get a bad wrap for no one really coming to the games on that last season in Houston.. Well I wouldn't support an owner that announced before the season has started, that no matter what, the team was moving.. Why would anyone want to go and support the owner?

View points change and bad blood develops

I have no ill feelings for the players that were Oilers and then moved to possum holler

Now when the Texans came to town, winning seasons or not, it is always good to beat the Titans (when we actually do)

I still hate the Steelers from the Oilers' days.. but with every loss to the Titans stings and with things going lately on players talking smack to Schaub and questionable hits.. I enjoy it when the Titans lose
Old 12-25-2008   #271
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

The Oilers weren't known as chokers?? Dude, you have no clue about the history of "your" team.

Houston was known as "Choke City" mainly because of the Oilers until the Rockets won a championship.

The Titans still own the record for the greatest postseason choke in history.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #272
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But even so it's not like that's what the Oilers were notorious for. The Browns and Bills are notorious for choking, the Oilers really weren't.<blah. blah. blah>... That wasn't the Oilers identity though.

you really have no idea of what you are typing do you?
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #273
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How did your followup go?
We have not played you guys since then.

The Texans did the NFL a favor and showed how to beat the Titans.

Have you signed Hanesworth yet?
Old 12-26-2008   #274
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Yawn. What's the diff between Tracy Lords and the Tennessee Titans? Tracy Lords got 12 inches from Ron Jeremy & the Titans WISH they'd gotten 12 inches from the Rams. The similarities? BOTH got #ked and NEITHER is gonna be holding the Lombardi Trophy at the conclusion of the next Superbowl.

Tracy Lords, Ron Jeremy and Titans reference all rolled up in one?? Really??
Rep. if I could - you hilarious muff huggah!!!
Old 12-26-2008   #275
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The Adams' teams not known for choking??

DH mentioned the GTWNBM in upstate New York , Wolf mentioned Stagger Lee , there was a 28-20 loss to KC (th year after the GTWNBM in upstate New York), Considering that in 42 seasons that the Super Bowl has existed, Bud's organization has only played in 1 and lost that by 12 inches, it's pretty fair to say that are chokers.

As far as us having earned the right to make fun of that, we have. We lived it. I've lived more years as an Oiler fan than I have as a Texans fan and the existence of the Titans - combined.
Old 12-26-2008   #276
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Browns and Bills are notorious for choking, the Oilers really weren't. At times they did...
And by "At times they did", he means "The Oilers gagged in every big game".
Old 12-26-2008   #277
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
We have not played you guys since then.

The Texans did the NFL a favor and showed how to beat the Titans.

Have you signed Hanesworth yet?
Correct, you lost to a pathetic Oakland club while we got off the mat and beat the snot out of a tough playoff team.

Congrats on the win though, as I said immediately afterwards, it was a good win for your franchise.

No we can't sign him yet anyways, but we discovered we may be able to survive without him if he asks for a$40 million signing bonus.

Old 12-26-2008   #278
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The Adams' teams not known for choking??

DH mentioned the GTWNBM in upstate New York , Wolf mentioned Stagger Lee , there was a 28-20 loss to KC (th year after the GTWNBM in upstate New York), Considering that in 42 seasons that the Super Bowl has existed, Bud's organization has only played in 1 and lost that by 12 inches, it's pretty fair to say that are chokers.

As far as us having earned the right to make fun of that, we have. We lived it. I've lived more years as an Oiler fan than I have as a Texans fan and the existence of the Titans - combined.
You left out our defense's inexplicable play that allowed Elway to convert to long 4th and 11s when we had them beat too.

Sigh.

Old 12-26-2008   #279
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
You left out our defense's inexplicable play that allowed Elway to convert to long 4th and 11s when we had them beat too.

Sigh.
No doubt. I could have kept going........ and going...... and going......
Old 12-26-2008   #280
Eddyc85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The Oilers weren't known as chokers?? Dude, you have no clue about the history of "your" team.

Houston was known as "Choke City" mainly because of the Oilers until the Rockets won a championship.

The Titans still own the record for the greatest postseason choke in history.
I'm well aware of the history of the team. And yes there was the Buffalo game but what team doesn't have a game in the post season that they totally blew? You'd have a tough time finding one. Well I guess the Texans haven't since they have never been to the playoffs.

Every team has a bit of embarrassing history and if your bringing up 20 year old history to try and make fun of us I find that pretty pathetic. I really don't care because it's not just history it's pretty much ancient history when it comes to sports. We've all moved on two or three times over from then, I guess you guys are the only people who haven't. The reason you have to reach 20 years ago to find something to mock us with is because that's all you have. If were talking modern times well we have the best team in the NFL and the Texans are probably going to finish 7-9 which again falls short of finishing over .500 which IMO is a pretty pathetic goal to try and reach.

If you guys want to live 10 or 20 years ago go for it, I'm going to live in the now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read