Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-23-2008   #241
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
A red "X"?

Don't hate, celebrate. You've got a good football team right now, but instead of showing the positive side of sportsmanship, you act like a worthless troll on a board that has absolutely no love for your team or owner.

That's just sad, man, and quite indicative of the mindset you possess. Your sole reason for existing on this board is to troll, as evidenced by your 12 posts all being in this section.

We might root for a losing team, but you sir, are a loser. And the difference is that our team can start winning next year.

Lol ... in a thread called "Titans are a classless team"

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #242
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Exactly, Titans are a classless team, not Titans have classless fans.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #243
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
It wasn't just Bud who screwed Houston,Lanier was a major reason as to why the Oilers left.That fool had a personal feud with Bud.I get the hate for Bud.He messed with the team just like Al Davis in his younger years & pissed everyone off. I stil think if Lanier wasn't mayor though that the Oilers would still be in Houston.

Ultimately Reliant cost more than a new stadium for the Oilers would have.
Just to make clear, 56% to a projected 70% of Harris County taxpayers voted against any proposition that included a plan that included taxpayer money given the fact that we were still paying for the renovations that had just taken place 5 years earlier.

Reliant stadium was a different animal. The majority of tax money used comes from hotel and car rentals tax increases. Also included in the deal was a new exhibition hall along with renovations to the Astro Arena and the grounds surrounding the complex. The lease is shared with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which occupies the building for more dates than the Texans. Bud wanted the lease outright.

BTW, the taxpayers of Harris County were paying for the 1987 renovations long after Dud left town.
Old 12-24-2008   #244
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Just to make clear, 56% to a projected 70% of Harris County taxpayers voted against any proposition that included a plan that included taxpayer money given the fact that we were still paying for the renovations that had just taken place 5 years earlier.

Reliant stadium was a different animal. The majority of tax money used comes from hotel and car rentals tax increases. Also included in the deal was a new exhibition hall along with renovations to the Astro Arena and the grounds surrounding the complex. The lease is shared with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which occupies the building for more dates than the Texans. Bud wanted the lease outright.

BTW, the taxpayers of Harris County were paying for the 1987 renovations long after Dud left town.
I appreciate the education Bill.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #245
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyc85 View Post
I'll assume you would say the same thing to Imatexan who does the same thing on our board.
I don't read your board and have no desire to step my virtual foot in the place.

Quote:
Perhaps I was a bit harsh during this festive holiday season.....but on second thought, naaaaaah, not at all.

When perp comes in here - a thread titled "Titans are a classless team" at that - and starts running virgin smack...do I really need to elaborate?

Is the irony lost here?

And let's clear something up here that seems to be a bit of misconception on the part of certain Titans fans (obviously excluding those of you that followed the Oilers and became Titans fans).

This is the difference between shared memories and franchise records.

We are Houston football fans - the key word here being HOUSTON - and we have a shared past full of memories that we lived and breathed. Our bond with the old Houston Oilers players and the moments shared between us are MEMORIES. These are memories that forged relationships, for many of us grew up during the era of Luv Ya Blue watching our parents go crazy with the football spirit and it is something that is the foundation for our love of football. When we get to meet and greet those old players - who are annually honored by the Houston Texans - there is a shared affection. Their face lights up as much as ours does at meeting them, and the glimmer in the eyes from everyone says it all.

These memories are not something that your fat piece of crap owner can ever take away, and they are something that we Houston fans refuse to allow you carpetbaggers to tarnish!

Most Titans fans have absolutely no memories of that past. All they have is franchise records, which are nothing more than stats on paper/screen. They do not convey the message of the experiences. Sure, they can purchase a Luv Ya Blue t-shirt at the Titans online store, but what does that mean to them? A pithy slogan? Some archaic saying that Slug Adams is trying to dry-hump all the way to the bank? Tennessee fans did not experience the reality of it. All they get is the leftovers from that period. Even some of the Oiler greats do not acknowledge Tennessee or the Titans as a team that they relate to, regardless of 'franchise records' or business continuity within a franchise.

So you want to come into OUR forum and disrespect those memories? We can make fun of your franchise records all we want. We experienced them firsthand. But don't be so small-minded as to confuse memories with records. They are two completely different subjects, and one you can have and the other you will never have. Can you figure out which is which?
Old 12-24-2008   #246
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a pretty awesome post DB.

Honest,factual,tactful & respectful to the relevant parties.
Old 12-24-2008   #247
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The difference Eddy is that I went over to gotitans during the week the Texans played the titans for some friendly smack talk but what I was greeted with was people telling me to basically kill myself. I have also posted in other sections of the board other than smack.I even got a PM from a gotitans user apologizing for your behavior.I plan every now and then to go back to gotitans when it is dealing with the Texans or Steelers because thier are a few good posters on the board, but from what you have shown me you are not one of them.

However I will admit that your posts can be entertaining in a smack talk way but after a while it was just too much.

Last edited by imatexan; 12-24-2008 at 02:29 PM.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #248
Eddyc85
Rookie

Someone apologized for MY behavior? If I want my behavior apologized for I'll apologize myself. And the only reason you don't think I'm a good poster is because you don't like what I have to say. Why? Because I speak the truth. It's idiotic to make fun of a team for losing the Superbowl when you've never been to the playoffs. I would know, I'm a Blue Jackets fan yet I don't go making fun of other teams for losing in the playoffs.
Old 12-24-2008   #249
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
The difference Eddy is that I went over to gotitans during the week the Texans played the titans for some friendly smack talk but what I was greeted with was people telling me to basically kill myself. I have also posted in other sections of the board other than smack.I even got a PM from a gotitans user apologizing for your behavior.I plan every now and then to go back to gotitans when it is dealing with the Texans or Steelers because thier are a few good posters on the board, but from what you have shown me you are not one of them.

However I will admit that your posts can be entertaining in a smack talk way but after a while it was just too much.
I appreciate that you and Texxan came over man.

Before TT merged a while back we had a great smack forum going.It was never bitter & all parties were able to laugh at themselves.

Since the merge it's been tough to come over here & actually have a laugh.I wanted nothing more to come over here a post a thread laughing at your Oakland loss but I would have been greeted with relentless hostility & been neg repped to death.

I got into visiting smack forums because I had a lot of laughs.It doesn't seem to be that way any more.GoTitans smack forum is great either & rivals get flamed by younger members which isn't great.

I'll try to make an effort to stick around this off season & pay more attention to the Texans happenings.As you said on GoTitans,we're part of the Fan2Fan alliance & are supposed to welcome rival fans.

I think some people on both boards forget that the smack forum is actually for taking the piss out of each other & meant to be fun.
Old 12-24-2008   #250
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
I appreciate that you and Texxan came over man.

Before TT merged a while back we had a great smack forum going.It was never bitter & all parties were able to laugh at themselves.

Since the merge it's been tough to come over here & actually have a laugh.I wanted nothing more to come over here a post a thread laughing at your Oakland loss but I would have been greeted with relentless hostility & been neg repped to death.

I got into visiting smack forums because I had a lot of laughs.It doesn't seem to be that way any more.GoTitans smack forum is great either & rivals get flamed by younger members which isn't great.

I'll try to make an effort to stick around this off season & pay more attention to the Texans happenings.As you said on GoTitans,we're part of the Fan2Fan alliance & are supposed to welcome rival fans.

I think some people on both boards forget that the smack forum is actually for taking the piss out of each other & meant to be fun.
I almost got teary eyed from days gone by....
Old 12-24-2008   #251
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm a Blue Jackets fan yet I don't go making fun of other teams for losing in the playoffs.
Any x-Oilers fan can make fun of the Oilers/Titans for relentless choking in the postseason. We lived it and earned that right. It's kind of like making fun of your x-wife (in front of her new husband) for being lame in the sack.

Blue Jackets? Thanks for Zherdev. He has really started to light it up since coming over to a real organization.

Old 12-24-2008   #252
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I almost got teary eyed from days gone by....
Smack Poll on the old board was classic ... right Shaft?

Old 12-24-2008   #253
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Smack Poll on the old board was classic ... right Shaft?
Honestly, "Rivalry Talk" is the smack board. A lot of stuff flies in here that wouldn't fly outside of here. When we merged with the other board some wanted to keep the smack forum and some others didn't. There were good reasons for both. "Rivalry Talk" ended up being the compromise.
Old 12-24-2008   #254
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

It was a thread ... Seem to be a question who was the best smack talker on the board.

Old 12-24-2008   #255
Eddyc85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Any x-Oilers fan can make fun of the Oilers/Titans for relentless choking in the postseason. We lived it and earned that right. It's kind of like making fun of your x-wife (in front of her new husband) for being lame in the sack.

Blue Jackets? Thanks for Zherdev. He has really started to light it up since coming over to a real organization.

First off don't count on Zherdev to be there when you need him. He's a horrible teammate, selfish, sucks in the clutch and doesn't listen to coaches. I couldn't be happier we got rid of that jerk off.

Secondly you don't earn the right to make fun of a team for losing in the playoffs. And really when have we choked in the playoffs? We've never been a big favorite to win the Superbowl and Dyson getting tackled has nothing to do with choking, it was simply a great defensive play.
Old 12-25-2008   #256
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
First off don't count on Zherdev to be there when you need him. He's a horrible teammate, selfish, sucks in the clutch and doesn't listen to coaches. I couldn't be happier we got rid of that jerk off.
Haven't seen any of that out of him. Actually he has been listening to the coaches and has been very clutch (scoring a couple of last minute game tying goals already). He has already scored 12 goals and has 21 assists. He leads the Rangers with 33 points and a plus 4 rating.

He probably just needed the right situation to get the best out of him.

Quote:

Secondly you don't earn the right to make fun of a team for losing in the playoffs. And really when have we choked in the playoffs? We've never been a big favorite to win the Superbowl and Dyson getting tackled has nothing to do with choking, it was simply a great defensive play.
Sure we have and that is why we are doing it. Actually the Titans choked against the Bills the year they went to the Super Bowl by giving up all those last minute plays to the Bills allowing them to kick the game winning field goal. The game should have ended that way if it wasn't for the Immaculate Deception (illegal forward pass on the kick off) otherwise known as the "Music City Miracle". The refs really blew that one screwing the Bills. Of course it didn't result into a championship as they choked one yard short in the SB.

Of course it has been infertility ever since.
Old 12-25-2008   #257
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone apologized for MY behavior? If I want my behavior apologized for I'll apologize myself. And the only reason you don't think I'm a good poster is because you don't like what I have to say. Why? Because I speak the truth. It's idiotic to make fun of a team for losing the Superbowl when you've never been to the playoffs. I would know, I'm a Blue Jackets fan yet I don't go making fun of other teams for losing in the playoffs.
No thats not actually why but there is no point in explaining because as you said here, you are always correct
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #258
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is idiotic to think that maybe, just MAYBE some of us were OILER fans and lived through some tough times in the playoffs with them. And for Bud to do what he did to Houston, I would think we would have the right to wish failure on that team.

I am glad Houston got a new team and I could care less what Bud does outside of seeing him smile with a super bowl trophy esp with some of his personnel moves while he was in Houston.

Maybe Earl can tell you the rest
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #259
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. How can you make fun of a team for losing a very close Superbowl game when your lousy ass team has never made the playoffs? I don't understand that. It's like a virgin making fun of a guy who hooked up with a decent looking girl.

- Oh yea well the girl you slept with wasn't THAT hot!
- OK virgin.
- So you gonna try and hook up with ANOTHER girl who isn't THAT hot?
- I dunno, maybe I will virgin.
- Well I may be a virgin but at least I didn't sleep with a girl who wasn't THAT hot.
- Yea, you've never slept with a girl period. If you could you would take my sloppy seconds in a heartbeat.
- No. I'll get a SUPER HOT girl next year.
- Where have I heard that before?
Yawn. What's the diff between Tracy Lords and the Tennessee Titans? Tracy Lords got 12 inches from Ron Jeremy & the Titans WISH they'd gotten 12 inches from the Rams. The similarities? BOTH got É#Ęked and NEITHER is gonna be holding the Lombardi Trophy at the conclusion of the next Superbowl.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #260
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Sigh.

Ok, I have gone through a lot of this thread, as painful as it was.

As a longtime poster here, lemme ask you something.

Am I now 'classless?' As someone that has rooted for the Oilers/Titans since I was 6 years old and Earl Campbell's calf was bigger than me, I find it sad that Titans' fans are lumped in as classless, or better yet, marrying their cousins, lacking teeth etc. I've seen a ton of commentary here and elsewhere that sure as fkn hell lacks class.

Dread, wow, bringing up the one yard short? Got nothing else in your arsenal so go for 'ol faithful? Take my word on this - that play has nothing on the 2 hours of hell I sat through at Rich stadium when Don Beebe and Frank Reich ripped my heart out and I had to deal with Western NY's finest, meaning true inbreds.

Hey Bill, do we need to go tour small towns in Texas and find plenty of evidence that Texas has the same inbred/dental hygine problems as Tennessee?

Don't I sound ridiculous making those comments? I sure think so - it's the type of crap I would expect on the Jerry Springer show. Enough of the petty and tiresome banter between Titans/Texans fans. Grow up and talk football. All of us.

Bud Adams may be a putz and robbed you (and me) of the Oilers, but over a decade and change later, some of this needs to cease. It really does grow old.
Toronto...dude! The unwritten rule. We don't discuss a certain playoff game which occurred in upstate New York as it was the DARKEST day in Houston Sports HISTORY! Damn. Now you have me depressed thinking about it all over again. Thanks a lot pal!

by the way it wasn't a yard it was 1 foot aka 12 inches...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read