Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008   #201
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 31,774
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Imagine if during the Luv Ya Blue era if Steelers players would have been on the sidelines dancing on an Oilers pom pom or one of those Luv Ya Blue signs. You wouldn't have thought of that as being a classless act showing no sportsmanship? The city of Houston would have been outraged.
Good point, and the funny thing is, I don't see their coach allowing their players to act in such a manner, much less whining to the press about defending cheap shots from his players that got fined by the league.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #202
toronto
Hall of Fame
 
toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 7,055
Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Good point, and the funny thing is, I don't see their coach allowing their players to act in such a manner, much less whining to the press about defending cheap shots from his players that got fined by the league.
When did Fisher whine about Finnegan? IIRC, Fisher was pissed at him bigtime and called out his fouls as a major issue they lost the Texans' game.

Fisher has been a class act for a long time now, and one of the main reasons why I've been able to transition to the Titans from the Oil. Lord knows it wasn't the owner.
__________________
When I lost you honey sometimes, I think I lost my guts too....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #203
toronto
Hall of Fame
 
toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 7,055
Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
As far as the Titans being an underdog they did just come off a loss to the Texans where Collins looked terrible so that is somewhat understandable. However that being said the Steelers despite winning had not been looking too good themselves. Romo gifted them a win 2 weeks before and I don't think they looked too impressive versus Baltimore and they could have easily lost that game also. Offensively the Steelers are just not that good. IMO, the best the Steelers have looked all year was the game against the Giants. They lost but they looked impressive in that loss. I thought they would be better following that game.

Sure the Towel is a dish rag, however I would have thought the same if it were a Steelers hat, pom pom, jersey, whatever.

Imagine if during the Luv Ya Blue era if Steelers players would have been on the sidelines dancing on an Oilers pom pom or one of those Luv Ya Blue signs. You wouldn't have thought of that as being a classless act showing no sportsmanship? The city of Houston would have been outraged.
You see last week's SI cover? Didn't you know? They're the toast of the NFL!

I woulda been much more pissed by the loss than the luv ya blue pom pom getting desecrated. If I had to choose between the Renfro play or a pom-pom, it's an easy choice, as a fan or a player. And BTW, as someone that spent a few games at Three Rivers, trust me, they ain't that classy.
__________________
When I lost you honey sometimes, I think I lost my guts too....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #204
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 31,774
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
When did Fisher whine about Finnegan? IIRC, Fisher was pissed at him bigtime and called out his fouls as a major issue they lost the Texans' game.

Fisher has been a class act for a long time now, and one of the main reasons why I've been able to transition to the Titans from the Oil. Lord knows it wasn't the owner.
Quote:
Finnegan was selected to his first Pro Bowl this week and is known for his aggressive play, but Titans coach Jeff Fisher defended his cornerback saying that both calls were questionable.
Finnegan fined $25,000 for hit on Schaub

As I mentioned in that thread, I would think that the Co-Chair of the NFL competition committee would hold his players to a higher standard. Guess I would be wrong in that assumption. But it doesn't matter, Fisher could give a rat's ass if I respect him less or not.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #205
toronto
Hall of Fame
 
toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 7,055
Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Finnegan fined $25,000 for hit on Schaub

As I mentioned in that thread, I would think that the Co-Chair of the NFL competition committee would hold his players to a higher standard. Guess I would be wrong in that assumption. But it doesn't matter, Fisher could give a rat's ass if I respect him less or not.
Touche on this one. I thought the spear on Daniels was just flat out stupid. I can actually understand the hit on the QB, lord knows players are taught to blitz and hit the QB, but Finny had time to think and still human missiled himself into a tackled Daniels. To me that was the dumbass play that deserved a fine. The NFL just chooses to always fine QB hits.

And yes, Fisher has shown from the get go this season that this is his ship, and he can give a flying rat's ass what the outside world thinks. The us vs. them mentality he has going for his club sure has worked thus far.
__________________
When I lost you honey sometimes, I think I lost my guts too....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #206
Titansfan3801
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0 Titansfan3801 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Well gosh, thanks. That is so generous of you!

Just who the fugg do you think you are telling us former Oiler diehards what we can and can't feel about our former team? As a fan, you are nothing. Houstonians sowed those seeds long before you even knew what it meant to have a professional sports franchise, and you can kiss right off.

No, Bud isn't the Titans and he certainly wasn't the Oilers. His franchise would not be where it is today were it not for HOUSTONIANS WHO SUPPORTED THAT TEAM. Again, you Tennesseans were nothing to Bud but suckers willing to throw dollars at him to steal the NFL team from the nation's fourth-largest city. You probably weren't even alive during those formative years of the franchise, and you think you can tell us what history we can have?
Ha, why don't you just go ahead and call me a "whippersnapper" and tell me how things were in your day? My point is simply that if you're going to claim Oiler's history as former "die hards," it's pretty contradictory to then bash the Oilers. Sure makes you great fans.

Fans hating on other fans is always an interesting phenomenon to me. Claims that others aren't real fans, especially when the person making the claim has little or no personal knowledge of the person that they're making the claim against. It really is a fantastic accomplishment that you're old, and that you've been following professional sports in your city for a long time. I'm very impressed. I grew up in a city without an NFL team. I was thrilled to get the team, and have been an avid follower ever since. As to Houstonians being the real "seed sowers" of the franchise, that's wonderful, but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it. You can call us suckers all you want, but it won't change the fact that because we paid for it, we have the Titans, while you're stuck with the Texans. And as someone else said, you can't compare the Texans to the Titans, the Titans are just better.
Titansfan3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #207
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,485
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
The us vs. them mentality he has going for his club sure has worked thus far.
Maybe we should cheer the Titans on then. Throw them off their game...
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #208
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,485
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post
Ha, why don't you just go ahead and call me a "whippersnapper" and tell me how things were in your day? My point is simply that if you're going to claim Oiler's history as former "die hards," it's pretty contradictory to then bash the Oilers. Sure makes you great fans..
We don't really bash the Oilers as much as we bash Dud. I have yet to see one post bashing Earl, Dr. Doom, Elvin, etc.. The closest I've seen anyone bash an Oiler player was Moon and that was a criticism of his inability to win in big games - not a bash.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post
Fans hating on other fans is always an interesting phenomenon to me. Claims that others aren't real fans, especially when the person making the claim has little or no personal knowledge of the person that they're making the claim against. It really is a fantastic accomplishment that you're old, and that you've been following professional sports in your city for a long time. I'm very impressed. I grew up in a city without an NFL team. I was thrilled to get the team, and have been an avid follower ever since. As to Houstonians being the real "seed sowers" of the franchise, that's wonderful, but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it. You can call us suckers all you want, but it won't change the fact that because we paid for it, we have the Titans, while you're stuck with the Texans. And as someone else said, you can't compare the Texans to the Titans, the Titans are just better.
Comprehension is not one of your better suits, eh?? This has been discussed ad naseum. It's called corporate welfare. Reply when you get your facts straight.
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #209
toronto
Hall of Fame
 
toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 7,055
Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
We don't really bash the Oilers as much as we bash Dud. I have yet to see one post bashing Earl, Dr. Doom, Elvin, etc.. The closest I've seen anyone bash an Oiler player was Moon and that was a criticism of his inability to win in big games - not a bash.




Comprehension is not one of your better suits, eh?? This has been discussed ad naseum. It's called corporate welfare. Reply when you get your facts straight.
Man has this one been done to death. A rich guy/gal got a better deal after the current city refused to play ball. Nothing Al Davis, Georgia Frontiere, Art Modell, Jim Irsay, Ralph Wilson, Bud et al haven't all done, or will do again, assuming they're alive to try. Hell Leon Hess/Woody Johnson still shares a stadium and will share the next one with the Giants to save $$ and he's a billionaire beyond my wildest dreams. I'm still convinced if you asked a Browns' fan who was more evil, Modell or Hitler, that they would want to ponder the question before answering, and that the vote would be close.

Edit, I might be wrong on the Jets sharing a new stadium?
__________________
When I lost you honey sometimes, I think I lost my guts too....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...

Last edited by toronto; 12-23-2008 at 01:06 PM.
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #210
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 31,774
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

I'm trying to figure out these Titans trolls (and not talking about our regular members).

Y'all have a 13-2 team with homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, yet you troll a Texans forum with unbridled arrogance.

You do realize that the players play the game and YOU WATCH, yeah?

Perhaps there is something inherently inferior about being from Tennessee that causes someone to try to fill the void within themselves by trolling other teams' boards.

Interestingly enough, the better Titans fans in this forum don't actually reside in Tennessee. Perhaps they avoided the tainted water supply that seems to infect individuals to possess such small brains? With that in mind, it should be no wonder why Slug Adams moved his team, and it has nothing to do with the support he got for decades from Houston fans.

Y'all are easily taking the cake away from Cowboys fans for being complete douchebags...
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #211
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,494
Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post
... but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it.
You guys are still believing that crap? Do the people on this board sound like people who didn't support their team? I assume if it makes you feel better when you go to sleep at night go ahead. At least Houston got it's own team and didn't have to steal one away from other fans. Sure, the fans have to wait longer for success rather than being handed a team that was already built, however it should be worth it in the long run.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #212
toronto
Hall of Fame
 
toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 7,055
Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm trying to figure out these Titans trolls (and not talking about our regular members).

Y'all have a 13-2 team with homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, yet you troll a Texans forum with unbridled arrogance.

You do realize that the players play the game and YOU WATCH, yeah?

Perhaps there is something inherently inferior about being from Tennessee that causes someone to try to fill the void within themselves by trolling other teams' boards.

Interestingly enough, the better Titans fans in this forum don't actually reside in Tennessee. Perhaps they avoided the tainted water supply that seems to infect individuals to possess such small brains? With that in mind, it should be no wonder why Slug Adams moved his team, and it has nothing to do with the support he got for decades from Houston fans.

Y'all are easily taking the cake away from Cowboys fans for being complete douchebags...
Nah, not arrogance, but there's a definate chip on some shoulders. And for the record, NO ONE ON THE PLANET are bigger douchebags than Cowboy fans. They are in a class/planet of their own. Case closed.
__________________
When I lost you honey sometimes, I think I lost my guts too....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #213
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,494
Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Man has this one been done to death. A rich guy/gal got a better deal after the current city refused to play ball. Nothing Al Davis, Georgia Frontiere, Art Modell, Jim Irsay, Ralph Wilson, Bud et al haven't all done, or will do again, assuming they're alive to try. Hell Leon Hess still shares a stadium and will share the next one with the Giants to save $$ and he's a billionaire beyond my wildest dreams. I'm still convinced if you asked a Browns' fan who was more evil, Modell or Hitler, that they would want to ponder the question before answering, and that the vote would be close.
Exactly, and your point proves it has nothing to do with the fans, just politics. Bud was a horrible politician and that is why he got stuck having to move into a smaller, less desirable market. If Bud would haved "played ball" a little more intelligently he would have gotten his stadium and been able to stay where he wanted.

The man obviously still longs for Texas if his draftday decisions are any indication.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #214
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

DB, in fairness 3801 has been trying to log on to this site for a while ... before the first game and had issues. Everyone has to put thier foot in the door.
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #215
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem
 
Mailman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 3,618
Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post
Ha, why don't you just go ahead and call me a "whippersnapper" and tell me how things were in your day?
Great, thanks for asking. I have many fond memories watching Houston's three pro sports teams (and our semi-pro Phi Slama Jama bunch) during my childhood and teen years. I could also tell you many great stories about the awesomeness of living in Austin since 1989, but you'd just be jealous and might consider moving here. I'm not even forty yet so taking a swing at my age is damn funny. My point is the same point Texan Bill has made here: you have no legitimate claim to the Houston Oilers. Being a lifelong fan of a team is about identity. You can rightly claim a stake to the identity of the Tennessee Titans from 1999-present, but you have no basis for making any statements about OUR OILERS. They were ours, not yours. We wore the derrick and the Columbia blue, we waved those pom poms in the Dome, we welcomed the team back from the devastating losses in Pittsburgh, we screamed our lungs out for Earl Campbell, we winced every time Dan Pastorini took a hit on those broken ribs, we suffered through the Hugh Campbell years and the Buffalo Debacle and the Joe Montana playoff game....you did none of this. You have no right to this history, let alone any authority to tell us otherwise.





Quote:
As to Houstonians being the real "seed sowers" of the franchise, that's wonderful, but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it. You can call us suckers all you want, but it won't change the fact that because we paid for it, we have the Titans, while you're stuck with the Texans. And as someone else said, you can't compare the Texans to the Titans, the Titans are just better.
You have no clue about any of this. I suggest you familiarize yourself with your owner's business history.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #216
SheTexan
Site Contributor
 
SheTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Age: 69
Posts: 7,140
Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
And for the record, NO ONE ON THE PLANET are bigger douchebags than Cowboy fans. They are in a class/planet of their own. Case closed.
That is very true!! AND, you can bet your cousin's ass I'll be one of them, for a day, IF the meatballs from HELL ever play the cowpads in the SB!! Case closed!!
__________________
Quote:
Wake up, thank the Man for today, and dominate everything you do.
Brian Cushing
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #217
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,494
Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
That is very true!! AND, you can bet your cousin's ass I'll be one of them, for a day, IF the meatballs from HELL ever play the cowpads in the SB!! Case closed!!
A Cowboys / Titans Super Bowl? OMG, that would be like watching Hitler and Bin Ladin go at it in a boxing ring or maybe more appropriately Bud Adams vs Jerry Jones. You would have to feel dirty rooting for either one.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #218
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
A Cowboys / Titans Super Bowl? OMG, that would be like watching Hitler and Bin Ladin go at it in a boxing ring or maybe more appropriately Bud Adams vs Jerry Jones. You would have to feel dirty rooting for either one.
And if the Texans and Titans could some how play in a Super Bowl it would be like watching Ali vs. Timmy from south park.
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #219
toronto
Hall of Fame
 
toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 7,055
Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Great, thanks for asking. I have many fond memories watching Houston's three pro sports teams (and our semi-pro Phi Slama Jama bunch) during my childhood and teen years. I could also tell you many great stories about the awesomeness of living in Austin since 1989, but you'd just be jealous and might consider moving here. I'm not even forty yet so taking a swing at my age is damn funny. My point is the same point Texan Bill has made here: you have no legitimate claim to the Houston Oilers. Being a lifelong fan of a team is about identity. You can rightly claim a stake to the identity of the Tennessee Titans from 1999-present, but you have no basis for making any statements about OUR OILERS. They were ours, not yours. We wore the derrick and the Columbia blue, we waved those pom poms in the Dome, we welcomed the team back from the devastating losses in Pittsburgh, we screamed our lungs out for Earl Campbell, we winced every time Dan Pastorini took a hit on those broken ribs, we suffered through the Hugh Campbell years and the Buffalo Debacle and the Joe Montana playoff game....you did none of this. You have no right to this history, let alone any authority to tell us otherwise.




To this day, I still cannot believe we blew this game. We finally had homefield and a bye, and the strongest team ever assembled. Sigh. Jack Pardee. Double sigh.
__________________
When I lost you honey sometimes, I think I lost my guts too....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #220
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem
 
Mailman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 3,618
Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
At least Houston got it's own team and didn't have to steal one away from other fans. Sure, the fans have to wait longer for success rather than being handed a team that was already built, however it should be worth it in the long run.
Exactly. I'm not the type of sports fan who jumps from team to team or just decides to be a fan of a team for some arbitrary reason. I guess I'm a traditionalist in this regard--your team is decided for you by geography or by blood.

If Houston acquired an NFL castoff, I would not be a fan of that team because I would not buy into lie of stealing another city's sports identity.

I'm confident many Titans fans in Tennessee feel the same way deep down even if they won't say it aloud. They know they stole an identity and a legacy that is not rightfully theirs.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger