Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-23-2008   #181
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I've been to many NFL and College football stadiums across the great USA and I have come to one conclusion. All football fans are exactly the same. Every team has classless fans, every team has great fans. Its part of football.

Its Bud folks. We truly hate Bud and the idea of him enjoying success is unacceptable and wrong. When he is dead and beginning his new life in Hell, you will see us ease up.

We Love all Football Fans, even the ones rooting for the Titans.
Bingo. Exactly what I told those fine Tennessee folks that graced Blue Crew with their presence two weeks ago. Our hatred for their team will die with Dud..
Old 12-23-2008   #182
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyc85 View Post
This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. How can you make fun of a team for losing a very close Superbowl game when your lousy ass team has never made the playoffs? I don't understand that. It's like a virgin making fun of a guy who hooked up with a decent looking girl.

- Oh yea well the girl you slept with wasn't THAT hot!
- OK virgin.
- So you gonna try and hook up with ANOTHER girl who isn't THAT hot?
- I dunno, maybe I will virgin.
- Well I may be a virgin but at least I didn't sleep with a girl who wasn't THAT hot.
- Yea, you've never slept with a girl period. If you could you would take my sloppy seconds in a heartbeat.
- No. I'll get a SUPER HOT girl next year.
- Where have I heard that before?
Quite simply, the dumbest post ever...

First off, many of us have had two teams. The HOUSTON Oilers and the Texans. True that the Texans have yet to make the playoffs in only 7 seasons. Oh boy!! Whoooopdie....

As far as making fun of Tennessee falling one yard short in the Super Bowl, let's just say we see it as fitting for a scumbag owner. Call it karma. So close, yet so far for Rug Head and his "second rate operation".
Old 12-23-2008   #183
Titansfan3801
Rookie

[quote=imatexan;1083298]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post

Stupid Titans fans as always, has nothing to do with losing.
You want to talk about pride show me a state that has more of it?
I wasnt talking about bulliten material, I guess most titans fans are just a little slow and cant figure things out. I was talking about the titans players stomping on the towel is going to motivate The Steelers/thier fans.
Nothing sad about a thread pointing out the truth of a classless organization.
Ha! You don't even understand the meaning of the term "bulletin board material"! Hahahaha! Stupid Texans!

It's a reference to providing the other team with something they can put up on their bulletin board (not an online board, but a push pin board for announcements) and look at all week before a rematch. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT! What, the Steelers weren't motivated by the shot at the #1 seed? They wouldn't be already playing at their best in the AFC Championship Game? We can beat them either way. We'll have KVB and Haynesworth back, and Ben won't get a freaking pass off all day. We don't fear the Steelers, they come into our house, they're going to get stomped on.
Titansfan3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #184
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I've been to many NFL and College football stadiums across the great USA and I have come to one conclusion. All football fans are exactly the same. Every team has classless fans, every team has great fans. Its part of football.

Its Bud folks. We truly hate Bud and the idea of him enjoying success is unacceptable and wrong. When he is dead and beginning his new life in Hell, you will see us ease up.

We Love all Football Fans, even the ones rooting for the Titans.
My post was partially just one big loud sigh, part 'enough already.' I know the vile towards Bud, and I have a lot of the same hatred. He robbed me of the Houston Oilers, by far my first and biggest love. That said, I made the decision to move on, and root for the team, even with the toupeed wart owning the sucker. I guess I woulda thought having the Texans now for several years would have eased that hatred, but I have seen over the last few years that it won't end. Kinda like Browns fans that still want to see Modell burn in hell, even with their beloved Browns back.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #185
Titansfan3801
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The HOUSTON Oilers went to the playoffs often...
The HOUSTON Oilers are not the Texans. I'm fine with you having pride in the Oilers, many of us have pride in them too. But comparing the Titans to the Texans, it's no contest. 6 playoff trips, 5 playoff wins, an AFC Championship, a Superbowl appearance, oh, and three division titles. All of those are things that the Texans haven't even come close to.
Old 12-23-2008   #186
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyc85 View Post
Yea, and the scoreboard says Peter O'Toole and Hulk Hogan both have zero Oscars for best actor.
Future generations of Fitans fans will only know about the legacy of Hulk Hogan. I would imagine that if you asked a Fitan who Peter O'Toole was, they would take a swing at you. I kindly refer you to the exhibit A - Tennessee in the year 2040 - although similarities do appear today, please believe me this is the future, yes it has electrolytes Scro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_3o3BrI

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 12-23-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Kaiser Toro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #187
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
The HOUSTON Oilers are not the Texans. I'm fine with you having pride in the Oilers, many of us have pride in them too. But comparing the Titans to the Texans, it's no contest. 6 playoff trips, 5 playoff wins, an AFC Championship, a Superbowl appearance, oh, and three division titles. All of those are things that the Texans haven't even come close to.
Thank you Captain Obvious. The Oilers are not the Texans. Brilliant. Did you deduce that all by yourself?

Like I said, I've had two teams. The current team is just growing out of it's infancy and getting better. The Oilers passed away in 1996. Columbia Blue turned to powder blue and John Runyan is the last Oiler in the league.

Last, you're right. There is no comparison between the Tits and Texans. The Titans organization (Dud Adams) took 33 years to make it to the Super Bowl. The Texans have existed for 7.
Old 12-23-2008   #188
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Argh...how long will we be compared to the Tacks? I don't think the demise of The Bad Rug will do it...

Not all of us Texans fans are former Oiler fans, so cut some slack on both sides.
(go Pack!)
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #189
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young's the best QB to ever play the game!!!!

Old 12-23-2008   #190
Titansfan3801
Rookie

Quote:
Thank you Captain Obvious. The Oilers are not the Texans. Brilliant. Did you deduce that all by yourself?

Like I said, I've had two teams. The current team is just growing out of it's infancy and getting better. The Oilers passed away in 1996. Columbia Blue turned to powder blue and John Runyan is the last Oiler in the league.

Last, you're right. There is no comparison between the Tits and Texans. The Titans organization (Dud Adams) took 33 years to make it to the Super Bowl. The Texans have existed for 7.
Bud isn't the Titans. You can't have it both ways, and support the oilers, but bash the Titans for the oilers history. I'll take it either way.

In the first ten years of the Titans' history, we accomplished all of the above. You are statistically incapable of matching them in the next three years, even if we don't add to them, which it looks like we will.
Old 12-23-2008   #191
Titansfan3801
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
Argh...how long will we be compared to the Tacks? I don't think the demise of The Bad Rug will do it...

Not all of us Texans fans are former Oiler fans, so cut some slack on both sides.
(go Pack!)
I'm pretty sure I remember you from our board, and sorry for the comparison, but it's always going to happen.

For what it's worth, I'm not actually an Oiler fan. I'm a nashville native who starter following the team when it left Houston. The Titans are my team, not the Oilers. I'll accept some bashing for the history if I have to, but if I have to accept it, then you people can't claim to be Oilers fans.
Old 12-23-2008   #192
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Just for the record, I didn't say the Titans fans were classless (actually the ones I have met are too darn nice). At least the ones outside of Texas that is. I don't know where that got lost in this thread.

The entire point of my initial post was the team is classless, or at least certain players. Like I said in an earlier post I wouldn't have thought twice if I saw a fan in the stands stomping on a Terrible Towel. However seeing players doing some kind of ceremonial dance on it on the sidelines was ridiculous. I know they haven't ever won anything before however they can at least act like it.

Of course there have been other actions on and off the field by certain players that make me draw this conclusion also. Butterworth's stomping on a players head, his comments about injuring opposing team's QBs, Finnegan's dirty hits, etc.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #193
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Just for the record, I didn't say the Titans fans were classless (actually the ones I have met are too darn nice). At least the ones outside of Texas that is. I don't know where that got lost in this thread.

The entire point of my initial post was the team is classless, or at least certain players. Like I said in an earlier post I wouldn't have thought twice if I saw a fan in the stands stomping on a Terrible Towel. However seeing players doing some kind of ceremonial dance on it on the sidelines was ridiculous. I know they haven't ever won anything before however they can at least act like it.

Of course there have been other actions on and off the field by certain players that make me draw this conclusion also. Butterworth's stomping on a players head, his comments about injuring opposing team's QBs, Finnegan's dirty hits, etc.
It got lost in the usual barrage of insults that often fly towards Titans fans about their teeth or marrying habits. Guess Bud still does that.

Anyways, I'm done venting. On the issue of the towel stomp?

The love of the stinking dish rag always escaped me. Yeah White and Scaife were childish....but I kinda understand it. 12-2 and a 3 point underdog at home? All the talking heads extoling the virtues of the Steeler D and barely uttering a word about the Titans...

The level of disrespect the team has gotten all year has given them a huge chip on their shoulder. 10-0 start? Fluke and an easy schedule. Jets win? Told you so, they're overrated. Texans win? Peaked too early, the run for Collins is over. Other teams always considered a bigger championship threat, and even yesterday, I watched ESPN's talking heads still refuse to give the Titans that 'favorite' mantle, appointing the Colts and Steelers as co-faves. (saying PIT would not lose twice to TEN, even though the Titans have owned the Steelers at LP and will have Al and KVB back next time) So I guess that the players, the ones that read the newspaper or watch ESPN, were ready to let out their emotions after they punked the Steelers. WTF does the team have to do? I guess we both know the answer. Win the whole frigging thing.

In a sense, I'm glad the media has refused to give the Titans much respect. They keep that ammo for the playoffs and maintain the chip on their shoulder you saw at the end of Sunday's game.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #194
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Bud isn't the Titans. You can't have it both ways, and support the oilers, but bash the Titans for the oilers history. I'll take it either way.

In the first ten years of the Titans' history, we accomplished all of the above. You are statistically incapable of matching them in the next three years, even if we don't add to them, which it looks like we will.
I can have it anyway I want it. The Houston Oilers existed from 1960 to 1996. I supported the Oilers players who played their hearts out for this city, i.e. Earl, Dante, Elvin, Dr. Doom etc. I can bash the Titans for the reason stated; Dud "the Bad Rug" Adams.

It's not as simple as saying the first 10 years of the Titan's history. If I remember correctly (and I do) players like Bruce, Steve McNair, Eddie George, Blaine Bishop, and coach Jeff Fisher were all Houston Oilers, therefore many of those pieces were already in place prior to the move.
Old 12-23-2008   #195
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Titans were not an expansion franchise so your argument is null and void. Titans just moved and changed their name, they already had a roster w/ some proven players when they left Houston, Including future HOF'ers that were drafted originally as HOUSTON Oilers.

Your argument would be the same to say the Ravens won it all when they were only 4 years into the league when everyone knows they were the old browns all along.

Name/Location changing and expansion teams are not the same. Give the Texans a Roster like the Titans had in 1997 and they would not have gone 4-12 their first year.

Now if you said all along you were referring to the years 1960-1970, then i agree, Texans will not be able to accomplish as much as your team did in its first 10 years (4 AFL championship appearances 2 wins).
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #196
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
It got lost in the usual barrage of insults that often fly towards Titans fans about their teeth or marrying habits. Guess Bud still does that.

The love of the stinking dish rag always escaped me. Yeah White and Scaife were childish....but I kinda understand it. 12-2 and a 3 point underdog at home? All the talking heads extoling the virtues of the Steeler D and barely uttering a word about the Titans...

The level of disrespect the team has gotten all year has given them a huge chip on their shoulder. 10-0 start? Fluke and an easy schedule. Jets win? Told you so, they're overrated. Texans win? Peaked too early, the run for Collins is over. Other teams always considered a bigger championship threat, and even yesterday, I watched ESPN's talking heads still refuse to give the Titans that 'favorite' mantle, appointing the Colts and Steelers as co-faves. (saying PIT would not lose twice to TEN, even though the Titans have owned the Steelers at LP and will have Al and KVB back next time) So I guess that the players, the ones that read the newspaper or watch ESPN, were ready to let out their emotions after they punked the Steelers. WTF does the team have to do? I guess we both know the answer. Win the whole frigging thing.

In a sense, I'm glad the media has refused to give the Titans much respect. They keep that ammo for the playoffs and maintain the chip on their shoulder you saw at the end of Sunday's game.
I think if you go back and revisit this boards threads about the Titan's season, you will see more positive posts than "fluke" comments. Comments such as dominating "D" or dominating run game. Of course that gets lost when Titans fans come here and talk trash about the Texans and/or Oilers (with a few notable exceptions and you know who those few are).
Old 12-23-2008   #197
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can have it anyway I want it. The Houston Oilers existed from 1960 to 1996. I supported the Oilers players who played their hearts out for this city, i.e. Earl, Dante, Elvin, Dr. Doom etc. I can bash the Titans for the reason stated; Dud "the Bad Rug" Adams.

It's not as simple as saying the first 10 years of the Titan's history. If I remember correctly (and I do) players like Bruce, Steve McNair, Eddie George, Blaine Bishop, and coach Jeff Fisher were all Houston Oilers, therefore many of those pieces were already in place prior to the move.
QFT.

Titans didnt have to build from the ground up. they had a solid foundation when they moved to possum holler. which is more than you can say about the mobile homes on cinder blocks that most Tack fans live in.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #198
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The HOUSTON Oilers are not the Texans. I'm fine with you having pride in the Oilers, many of us have pride in them too.
Well gosh, thanks. That is so generous of you!

Just who the fugg do you think you are telling us former Oiler diehards what we can and can't feel about our former team? As a fan, you are nothing. Houstonians sowed those seeds long before you even knew what it meant to have a professional sports franchise, and you can kiss right off.

Quote:
No, Bud isn't the Titans and he certainly wasn't the Oilers. His franchise would not be where it is today were it not for HOUSTONIANS WHO SUPPORTED THAT TEAM. Again, you Tennesseans were nothing to Bud but suckers willing to throw dollars at him to steal the NFL team from the nation's fourth-largest city. You probably weren't even alive during those formative years of the franchise, and you think you can tell us what history we can have?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #199
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

As far as the Titans being an underdog they did just come off a loss to the Texans where Collins looked terrible so that is somewhat understandable. However that being said the Steelers despite winning had not been looking too good themselves. Romo gifted them a win 2 weeks before and I don't think they looked too impressive versus Baltimore and they could have easily lost that game also. Offensively the Steelers are just not that good. IMO, the best the Steelers have looked all year was the game against the Giants. They lost but they looked impressive in that loss. I thought they would be better following that game.

Sure the Towel is a dish rag, however I would have thought the same if it were a Steelers hat, pom pom, jersey, whatever.

Imagine if during the Luv Ya Blue era if Steelers players would have been on the sidelines dancing on an Oilers pom pom or one of those Luv Ya Blue signs. You wouldn't have thought of that as being a classless act showing no sportsmanship? The city of Houston would have been outraged.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #200
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Imagine if during the Luv Ya Blue era if Steelers players would have been on the sidelines dancing on an Oilers pom pom or one of those Luv Ya Blue signs. You wouldn't have thought of that as being a classless act showing no sportsmanship? The city of Houston would have been outraged.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read