Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2008   #41
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: why the effff is the blue crew not up for this award?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I does matter, Hobie. The chronicle is our only "real" fishwrap in this town and we HAVE to turn to them on occasions.

They are asking which are the best tailgating lots but they aren't giving us all the options. My question to them is WHY?? All I want is an answer. (BTW, no response from AM or JM at this point. It seems I will get my response after the poll is over(?). Is that right?)

If the shoe was on the other foot, wouldn't you want to know why Orange wasn't included? Wouldn't it tick you off just a tad??
Ted... would it bother me, not at all.. I mean, it's like I said, I could not care less what anyone thought of the orange lot tailgaters or if we were omitted from a online newspaper poll, I mean really..We are out there having a great time with people we care about and if someone wants to say the Blue lot is best, so be it.. It effects me not in any way. I will still show up the following game, party with the same great people and do my thing.. I would be willing to bet everyone here that not 1 of you thinks what any of the other lots are doing each and every Sunday we are out there tailgating, or at least I do not.
As I said, it's the people we tailgate with , our community of sorts, at least to me.. Who is the best lot, well that depends on how many people from that lot saw the article and went to post. as there is not 1 person here that can say honestly which lot is the best unless they spent a full season at every lot..That's why I said who gives a S. what people write.. it's all a numbers game. Cuz when it is "official", who has the best lot, there will be people saying, WHAT, ARE THEY EFFIN' NUTS !!
You guys have a great setup over in Plat. as the blue has their corporate beasts, the Yellow has the Mojo, and we have our groups as well...it's the people in my eyes, not the "lot" who makes the Texans tailgaters then best in the NFL..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #42
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I finally got a note from Johnny Mc and AM that they are checking with their bosses. I will keep you updated but more than likely they will say it was a new person posting the poll and they didn't know any better.

I mean, what would the bosses have to say, anyway??

I see AM's name on the article and blog. It seems like the natural place to start and I know she has control over the stuff in her blog.
Old 12-21-2008   #43
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I finally got a note from Johnny Mc and AM that they are checking with their bosses. I will keep you updated but more than likely they will say it was a new person posting the poll and they didn't know any better.

I mean, what would the bosses have to say, anyway??

I see AM's name on the article and blog. It seems like the natural place to start and I know she has control over the stuff in her blog.

AM writes her blog but probably has little to do with putting the poll together because there isn't something in the blog software to do it.

I am guessing editorial folks from the Chronic know little about Texans tailgating other than when they take pictures, they get a lot of page hits from people scrolling through them all.

A best tailgate lot poll without including Platinum is like the time I tried to order from the McDonald's late night menu, and they said that they didn't serve Big Macs late night.

And I'm all like, uh, this is Mc-Freaking-Donalds, home of the Big Mac. I'll go in there and make it myself, as I know the ingredients: twowholebeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepickle sonionsonasesameseedbun. Had to settle for a quarterpounder to absorb the alcohol. Don't like MickeyDs, but sometimes that is all there is.

It is just wrong.
Old 12-21-2008   #44
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually saw Anna Megan at Bubba's and she explained to Joe Texan that the Platinum Lot has too many corporate sponsors. WTF???

If she actually said that to Joe, someone is really stretching. Have you ever been to Blue or Yellow??

I am still waiting for an explanation from "the bosses".
Old 12-21-2008   #45
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually saw Anna Megan at Bubba's and she explained to Joe Texan that the Platinum Lot has too many corporate sponsors. WTF???

If she actually said that to Joe, someone is really stretching. Have you ever been to Blue or Yellow??

That is a joke.

There are tons of non-sponsored tailgates in Platinum. I've seen her at a number of them.
Old 12-22-2008   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's a good thing I had laundry to do.....
Old 12-22-2008   #47
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
That is a joke.
Maybe they need to work on their delivery because it doesn't seem that funny.
Old 12-22-2008   #48
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I told them they should just make a list early of tailgaters nominated so people could just go see for themselves and vote.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #49
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will get the answers and relay them to you Blue Crew. Here is my latest email to JM.

Quote:
John, I am not trying to get you to change any rules or the contest itself as we in the Blue Crew are very laid back in that regard. That being said I was looking at www.Chron.com the other day when I ran across a Tailgate competition and a Poll as to who was the best Tailgate. As you are aware I am a member of a great Tailgate that has been situated in the corner of the Blue/Platinum lot for the entire existence of the Texans as a Football team. We have no corparate sponsorship and have done this individually since we decided to come together. When I looked at the list of the tailgates in the poll on www.Chron.com I was taken with suprise that we at the Blue Crew had nary a whisper of mention when there were so many other fellow Tailgates in the poll. When questioning wether we were elegible we were told that the platinum lot was all corparate sponsors and the Chronicle wanted tailgates that were not sponsored. Well I know that a few of the Tailgates listed are Sponsored when in fact we at the Blue Crew are not. Not only were we at the Blue Crew left out of the poll but another Famous Texan Tailgate "the Raging Bull" were left out as well. I am not one to have any buisness dealings with the Raging Bull but I am sure that they feel as bad as we do about being snubbed by this poll. John, I have a lot of People that make up my tailgate somewhere in the numbers between 60 and 120 per game and it is them that I am trying to get an answer to. I cannot even think of how I could do this alone as it takes every last member of the blue Crew to make it work and I take it as my responsibility to try to get an understanding as to why we are left off of a poll that we have worked very hard to be a part of. I appreciate any info you can relay to me and thank you for taking the time to listen to what we had to say. On behalf of the Blue Crew I say Go Texans! Joe Texan
you guys and gals let me know if I need to say anything else
I did mention Filo to john on the phone. No we have not forgot our orange haired stepchild
Old 12-22-2008   #50
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be honest here, I'm not bothered at all that we were left off the poll. It's nice to be recognized, but I'm not going to lose sleep if we're not. We've always done our thing, and we always will. The reasons for our tailgating are many, and not one of them is for recognition in an online poll or any publication for that matter.

Over the years we have had thousands of visitors to our tailgates. Some were out of town fans, others included Houstonians, opposing team's fans, and even some from overseas. Each time I meet someone new at our tailgates they've said the same thing: What a great time they had, and a big thank you. Many of those former guests are now part of the "Blue Crew" and every year we continue to grow.

The recognition that means the most to me is in the the words of gratitude and smiles on guests & regulars that stop by and see us throughout the football season. To them, I say: "You're always welcome."

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #51
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
I'll be honest here, I'm not bothered at all that we were left off the poll. It's nice to be recognized, but I'm not going to lose sleep if we're not. We've always done our thing, and we always will. The reasons for our tailgating are many, and not one of them is for recognition in an online poll or any publication for that matter.

Over the years we have had thousands of visitors to our tailgates. Some were out of town fans, others included Houstonians, opposing team's fans, and even some from overseas. Each time I meet someone new at our tailgates they've said the same thing: What a great time they had, and a big thank you. Many of those former guests are now part of the "Blue Crew" and every year we continue to grow.

The recognition that means the most to me is in the the words of gratitude and smiles on guests & regulars that stop by and see us throughout the football season. To them, I say: "You're always welcome."

**applause**
This has been repped, please feel free to add.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #52
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am more interested in the Supergate and trying to go to it in Tampa.
The tailgate train rolls through H town on tuesday evening of Superbowl week. We, the Blue Crew Have been invited to add a car to that train, I am just not sure I can do it this year.
I am inviting all Houston Texans to Pack up your Tailgating equip and Hop on the train.
Old 12-22-2008   #53
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:

Well said, little buddy! I always knew there was something I liked about you.

David and I recently were talking about this very same thing. Over the years, some of our group has strayed for family reasons or some have moved away and even though we miss them we have been blessed by other fantastic people with each new tailgate.

We really have a great thing going.
Old 12-23-2008   #54
Tedc
Hardheaded

I still haven't heard from the Comical about this. I am sure they will let us know sometime AFTER the voting is over on the 26th.

Having the voting without including Platinum is like having an Ultimate Fan contest and not including Gary because he does too much charity work.
Old 12-23-2008   #55
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I am more interested in the Supergate and trying to go to it in Tampa.
The tailgate train rolls through H town on tuesday evening of Superbowl week. We, the Blue Crew Have been invited to add a car to that train, I am just not sure I can do it this year.
I am inviting all Houston Texans to Pack up your Tailgating equip and Hop on the train.
Not gonna catch me jumping on a train I know NOTHING about!!

Joe, I don't have a clue what you are talking about!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #56
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOoooooooo!! Not the killer train!!!
Old 12-23-2008   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Quote:
Well said, little buddy! I always knew there was something I liked about you.

David and I recently were talking about this very same thing. Over the years, some of our group has strayed for family reasons or some have moved away and even though we miss them we have been blessed by other fantastic people with each new tailgate.

We really have a great thing going.
Well stated guys!!!
Old 12-23-2008   #58
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Not gonna catch me jumping on a train I know NOTHING about!!

Joe, I don't have a clue what you are talking about!

Gma, the Blue Crew has been invited to tailgate in Super Gate 2 (the Super Brawl of Tailgating http://www.supergateii.com/ )which is happening in Tampa. It is a competition of tailgates from all over America. It is an honor to be invited but I am not sure how it would work out logistically or monetarily because I still haven't won the lottery.

Last edited by Tedc; 12-23-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Gma, the Blue Crew has been invited to tailgate in Super Gate 2 which is happening in Tampa. It is a competition of tailgates from all over America. It is an honor to be invited but I am not sure how it would work out logistically or monetarily because I still haven't won the lottery.
Second mortgage(??)
Old 12-23-2008   #60
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Second mortgage(??)
Unfortunately with kids going to college soon we are talking third/fourth mortgage.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read