Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-22-2008   #81
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
ironically YOU are the one who explained it to me!
By the way, Michael Griffin has been my favorite defensive player since he was drafted. I was ticked when the Titans drafted him and he had to go over there. I still root for him individually though.

Yesterday, those picks of his helped me TREMENDOUSLY!! That decision of his to take that INT to the house got me the extra 6 points I needed to win my Fantasy Football SB! I won an extra $750 for winning that. Griffin is the freaking man.

God I wanted the Texans to draft him so badly over Okoye knowing how badly we needed a safety.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #82
Titansfan3801
Rookie

[quote=imatexan;1082912]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
The Titans are a joke? How would Texans fans/players feel if 15,000 Steeler fans stormed into Reliant and waved those stupid dish rags? Chanted "Here we go Steelers" incessantly all game?

Umm that did happen in 05 when the Steelers came and the Texans fans/players/organization showed class like they always do.

Your franchise on the other hand, not so much.

It seems every week the titans give me a reason to hate them more.

The titans will feel the wrath of The Steelers and thier fans, good luck next time the titans go to Heinz hope they make it out alive.
Sorry, we aren't as used to losing as you are. We have a little more pride in our own house.

The fans were pissed because of all of the cocky Steelers. The players were pissed because we were a two point dog in our own house! That's legit. Also, we weren't being cocky until the very end of the game, and at that point, we'd earned it. In a game of the top two conference seeds to determine home field advantage, with a domination like that, this team has earned some pride.

Worried about bulletin board material? They aren't worried about that. Can you imagine how many more sacks we'd get with all of our d-line starters in there? I'm much less worried about the Steelers in the playoffs than about several of the other teams.

If the Steelers are going to twirl their towels in the faces of the other NFL teams, especially on the road, then they need to accept it that the towels will be mocked/messed with when they lose. If they honestly think that their towels are some sort of revered symbol that can't be messed with, that's a little silly.

As for this thread, it's a sad sign of Texans fans wanting to get their sad performance from yesterday off their minds. Yet another season without a winning record. I admired the fight that you put up against us last week, but don't start feeling good about yourselves until you actually break .500.
Titansfan3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #83
9nines
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
No. It was 1995. Marcus Robertson if I remember correctly. It was the next to last game between the Houston Oilers and Steelers at Three Rivers.

I remember going to the last home game between the two and there were so many cars with "Tomzack must die" written on the windows.

The Texan fans are night and day different from Oiler fans. Oiler fans knew how to get to our seats on time and be loud and have attitude during the entire game. Now its just about tailgating and staying classy and who is wearing what on what day.

It used to be simple. Columbia Blue was home and White was away. Now everything has to have a theme and different pant combos.

Back in my day you had to walk 20 miles in the snow up hill both ways to get to the Astrodome. And without shoes. (sigh)
1996 was a good game too. Oilers won the home game in 4th quarter. I was at the game but many listening on the radio did not hear the end because 740am had to break to a PRESEASON Rockets game before the Oilers game was over and I think the game was blacked-out on TV.

The 1996 game in Pittsburgh was a few weeks before the Houston one and there was a large fight with several players ejected and over 30 players fined with total fines almost $150K.
9nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #84
Titansfan3801
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
these Titan fans are much more bearable after they lose, than after they post a win.
It's too bad that we post wins more often than losses then.
Titansfan3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #85
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that is such bs. that's how you wish it was. But it's not.
O'rly?

If it's not true, why does the history have to be explained to you necks?

Houston fans lived it. We made the Oilers what they were, not you inbred hillbillies who threw dollars at the NFL's Montgomery Burns to steal our team from us. Your team is the Titans. They ceased being the Oilers when they left Houston and changed the name and logo.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #86
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
these Titan fans are much more bearable after they lose, than after they post a win.
The same can be said of the fans of the other 31 teams as well.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #87
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
last I heard the Houstonians had no use for it. As it has been explained to me they were fed up beyond the point of caring. I suppose they could have fought for it and reincarnated their team in a Modellian fashion. I would have no qualms with an expansion Titans team while franchise history, Oil Derricks, and records remained in Houston for a future franchise. That just is not what Houstonians and Bob McNair opted for. Rather they reinvented another AFL name with a clean slate. Precedent was there. The Oilers did not have to "die". Houstonians let Bud Adams "kill" their team. Titan fans just happen to be the caretakers of the grave.
Last you heard, eh?

Here's the facts: Houstonians didn't speak with one loud voice. There were many citizens who weren't happy with the fact that he'd held the city hostage in 1987 only to do it AGAIN less than ten years later, but there just as many who were adamant about the team not leaving. Bud didn't help himself or, more importantly, us diehards by gutting the team at the same time he was making those demands. And all this just a couple years removed from the Buffalo Debacle.

Eat dirt, neck.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #88
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Last you heard, eh?

Here's the facts: Houstonians didn't speak with one loud voice. There were many citizens who weren't happy with the fact that he'd held the city hostage in 1987 only to do it AGAIN less than ten years later, but there just as many who were adamant about the team not leaving. Bud didn't help himself or, more importantly, us diehards by gutting the team at the same time he was making those demands. And all this just a couple years removed from the Buffalo Debacle.

Eat dirt, neck.
YUP...Pretty much the first time an owner has held a city hostage twice.
Old 12-22-2008   #89
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:

I think the title of the thread set the tone.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #90
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nines View Post
1996 was a good game too. Oilers won the home game in 4th quarter. I was at the game but many listening on the radio did not hear the end because 740am had to break to a PRESEASON Rockets game before the Oilers game was over and I think the game was blacked-out on TV.

The 1996 game in Pittsburgh was a few weeks before the Houston one and there was a large fight with several players ejected and over 30 players fined with total fines almost $150K.
was it 96? I thought it was 95. I thought they moved in 96.

In any case that is the game I am talking about.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
last I heard the Houstonians had no use for it. As it has been explained to me they were fed up beyond the point of caring. I suppose they could have fought for it and reincarnated their team in a Modellian fashion. I would have no qualms with an expansion Titans team while franchise history, Oil Derricks, and records remained in Houston for a future franchise. That just is not what Houstonians and Bob McNair opted for. Rather they reinvented another AFL name with a clean slate. Precedent was there. The Oilers did not have to "die". Houstonians let Bud Adams "kill" their team. Titan fans just happen to be the caretakers of the grave.
Seriously, you need to get your facts straight Bipolar....

Quote:
Over the next three decades, Adams would venture to tap his hometown taxpayers twice more. In 1987, he requested $67 million-worth of stadium upgrades to the Astrodome—including new artificial turf, 10,000 more seats, and 65 new luxury boxes. Adams needed negotiating leverage, so he drew the most formidable weapon in any business executive’s arsenal: he threatened to move his team—in this case to Jacksonville, Florida. Adams got what he wanted from Houston officials through a property-tax hike and a doubling of the hotel tax.

The NFL’s “best” stadium—as Adams referred to the upgraded Astrodome—did not stay that way for very long. In 1993, Adams began tossing around the idea of a brand new dome. His proposed $235-million Ninth Wonder of the World would come with the latest in stadium accouterments, including more of the ever-critical luxury box suites. Those boxes generate big dollars that do not have to be shared with other teams under the NFL’s revenue-sharing plan. They are in fact a huge catalyst for the push in recent years for new stadiums, ballparks, and arenas by many professional teams.

Adams’s plan also called for all the seats from floor to ceiling to be reconfigured to fit not just football, but also hockey, basketball, convention, and concert floor plans. (It’s amazing the ideas one can come up with when spending somebody else’s money.) Although Adams offered to put up $75 million for this new dome, taxpayers would still be called on to sacrifice $160 million more.

As things generally go in the corporate welfare story, this is the place where politicians usually cave in to team owners. However, then-mayor Bob Lanier (no relation to the former NBA star) reacted rather coolly to the Oilers’ demands.
Link...
Old 12-22-2008   #92
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
If only you could beat Oakland.
Pretty tough talk from a guy whose team lost their ONLY Superbowl by 12 inches.

You're right man. Your Trojans...excuse me Titans are invincible. It's not like Lindale White plays offense and has to charge INTO defensive units as part of his job or anything. No wait he does. Well it's not like it's likely they'll face the Steelers in an AFC Championship game and Pittsburgh has the best Defense in the NFL...oh wait they do. Well it's not like the Steelers take the whole "Terrible Towel" thing seriously or that defenses attempt to extract brutal revenge of muff-huggas for doing stupid shiznit...oh wait they do. What were we talking about again. Ah yes...your team will never face the Steelers again. In fact the entire organization will cease to exist and be replaced by small fuzzy bunny rabbits, one of which Bud Adams can use as a toupeé at some point to replace the one he's currently wearing which he obviously got at Howard Cossell's yard sale.
If your Trojans make it past the Steelers they'll limp out. The Steelers will show up and turn that game into a hit parade and when they lose I want you to remember Mr. White stomping on that towel.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #93
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
O'rly?

If it's not true, why does the history have to be explained to you necks?

Houston fans lived it. We made the Oilers what they were, not you inbred hillbillies who threw dollars at the NFL's Montgomery Burns to steal our team from us. Your team is the Titans. They ceased being the Oilers when they left Houston and changed the name and logo.
You can live in your Ivory tower if you want but you are the only one believing this nonsense. The NFL doesn't agree with you and since the Titans/Oilers are part of the NFL I guess that just makes you flat out wrong ... again.

Kind of a double standard to come into a thread calling another team classless while you sling terms directed at another poster like "neck" and "hillbillies". I've met BIP and he is neither a "neck" or "hillbilly" and I would imagine he can hold himself better in a conversation and in posts then you seem to be able too.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #94
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

To this whole thread.

Serenity Now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqx7...eature=related

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #95
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You can live in your Ivory tower if you want but you are the only one believing this nonsense. The NFL doesn't agree with you and since the Titans/Oilers are part of the NFL I guess that just makes you flat out wrong ... again.

Kind of a double standard to come into a thread calling another team classless while you sling terms directed at another poster like "neck" and "hillbillies". I've met BIP and he is neither a "neck" or "hillbilly" and I would imagine he can hold himself better in a conversation and in posts then you seem to be able too.
Why would anybody want to "hold himself" while in a conversation or posting on a MB? Is this something your kind does on a daily basis? Watch Deliverance a few too many times, did ya? Crazy I tell ya, just plain crazy.
Old 12-22-2008   #96
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
To this whole thread.

Serenity Now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqx7...eature=related
Serenity now...insanity later.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #97
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Why would anybody want to "hold himself" while in a conversation or posting on a MB?
'Babe' thread???
Old 12-22-2008   #98
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Been a long year eh? First Obama, now the Titans.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #99
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
'Babe' thread???
Sure, for normal men, but we're talking about titan fans here, TB. The closest thing to a babe for them is their neighbor's pig, 'Babe'.
Old 12-22-2008   #100
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

And now for something completely different!

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read