Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-22-2008   #61
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Ravens do still have intense rivalries with the Steelers and Bengals...teams they had intense rivalries with since they were the Browns.
I'm sure all of them being divisional opponents has something to do with that as well.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #62
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Maybe your age is getting to you but I can not help when I was born. I lived through the Moon era and the Bills game. If you were a true Oilers fan you would understand the Pit rivalry but maybe in your older age you have forgotten. The depends are near the pharmacy BTW.
You really need to stop acting like they are the same team, because they are not. Like Vinny said, same franchise, different team. It isn't the same and the Oilers died.

However, any true Oiler should remember the rivalry that existed with the Steelers. I know that I do. I remember going to Oilers and Steelers games all of the time and I truly hated them. I hated Rod Woodson more than anyone could imagine, because he was an Oiler killer. I remember those heated Oiler Steeler games even before Cowher was over there. Those games meant a lot back then, and I'll never forget when I cheered on Michael Barrow as he was beating the hell out of Bubby Brister who was the QB of the Steelers at the time. That was EPIC! The Steelers used to always seem to get the best of us when it counted though. Woodson always seemed to have a big hand in that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #63
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
well, since the Browns actually own their own history its different.
Agreed however that's a lame technicality. The Ravens are truly the old Browns, the actual franchise that earned all of the history that now sits with the expansion Browns.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #64
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

The Freak has some of his own 'stomp'n' on the towel as well:

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #65
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Freak has some of his own 'stomp'n' on the towel as well:

Is that the same "Freak" that couldnt cut it in Philly and only came back to the Titans since he was let go? The only reason that guy has any productions is do to Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch.
Old 12-22-2008   #66
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=toronto;1082725]The Titans are a joke? How would Texans fans/players feel if 15,000 Steeler fans stormed into Reliant and waved those stupid dish rags? Chanted "Here we go Steelers" incessantly all game?

Umm that did happen in 05 when the Steelers came and the Texans fans/players/organization showed class like they always do.

Your franchise on the other hand, not so much.

It seems every week the titans give me a reason to hate them more.

The titans will feel the wrath of The Steelers and thier fans, good luck next time the titans go to Heinz hope they make it out alive.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #67
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

You should watch more games. KVB has been out off and on for the last month and Kearse has played very well. He did not cut it in Philly because they used him incorrectly. The defense style does not suit Kearse's style of play.

Old 12-22-2008   #68
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Does anyone really associate the Ravens with the Browns franchise history? No.

The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers and they never will be.
that is such bs. that's how you wish it was. But it's not.
Old 12-22-2008   #69
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47631 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nines View Post
Was that when Michael Barrow, in his rookie year and in the middle of the 11 game winning streak, tackled Tomzank, who was running at the sidelines, and Barrow got a bear hug on him and then punched Tomzank repeatedly in the face as they both went into the sidelines?

That 1993 team was my favorite.
No. It was 1995. Marcus Robertson if I remember correctly. It was the next to last game between the Houston Oilers and Steelers at Three Rivers.

I remember going to the last home game between the two and there were so many cars with "Tomzack must die" written on the windows.

The Texan fans are night and day different from Oiler fans. Oiler fans knew how to get to our seats on time and be loud and have attitude during the entire game. Now its just about tailgating and staying classy and who is wearing what on what day.

It used to be simple. Columbia Blue was home and White was away. Now everything has to have a theme and different pant combos.

Back in my day you had to walk 20 miles in the snow up hill both ways to get to the Astrodome. And without shoes. (sigh)

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #70
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You should watch more games. KVB has been out off and on for the last month and Kearse has played very well. He did not cut it in Philly because they used him incorrectly. The defense style does not suit Kearse's style of play.
I still think they donít know how to use him, as he isn't even the best DE with KVB out.
Old 12-22-2008   #71
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Why the hell couldn't Houston keep the Oilers history? Maybe we Bud goes to hell, we can do something about it (keep the history, but the hell with the rest).
last I heard the Houstonians had no use for it. As it has been explained to me they were fed up beyond the point of caring. I suppose they could have fought for it and reincarnated their team in a Modellian fashion. I would have no qualms with an expansion Titans team while franchise history, Oil Derricks, and records remained in Houston for a future franchise. That just is not what Houstonians and Bob McNair opted for. Rather they reinvented another AFL name with a clean slate. Precedent was there. The Oilers did not have to "die". Houstonians let Bud Adams "kill" their team. Titan fans just happen to be the caretakers of the grave.
Old 12-22-2008   #72
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I still think they donít know how to use him, as he isn't even the best DE with KVB out.
He plays his role well and was probably getting more attention then a rookie on the other end.

Old 12-22-2008   #73
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Agreed however that's a lame technicality. The Ravens are truly the old Browns, the actual franchise that earned all of the history that now sits with the expansion Browns.
they are not and you are wrong.

that's like trying to argue life begins at birth.

The Ravens are like the Texans in the respect they are "clean slate" teams.
Old 12-22-2008   #74
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Is that the same "Freak" that couldnt cut it in Philly and only came back to the Titans since he was let go? The only reason that guy has any productions is do to Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch.
you obviously are not familiar with the role he was asked to fill on the Eagles defense. Kearse is a system product. He's the same player. The Eagles didn't know how to deploy him. Otherwise, explain his sudden reemergence now that he's back in Tennessee.
Old 12-22-2008   #75
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
last I heard the Houstonians had no use for it. As it has been explained to me they were fed up beyond the point of caring. I suppose they could have fought for it and reincarnated their team in a Modellian fashion. I would have no qualms with an expansion Titans team while franchise history, Oil Derricks, and records remained in Houston for a future franchise. That just is not what Houstonians and Bob McNair opted for. Rather they reinvented another AFL name with a clean slate. Precedent was there. The Oilers did not have to "die". Houstonians let Bud Adams "kill" their team. Titan fans just happen to be the caretakers of the grave.
Sad but true. I would have much rather kept our old name and Oiler traditions, but they weren't fought for and Bud crept away with all of it.

I love the new traditions that have been born as well, but winning would make it much more enjoyable.
Old 12-22-2008   #76
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
you obviously are not familiar with the role he was asked to fill on the Eagles defense. Kearse is a system product. He's the same player. The Eagles didn't know how to deploy him. Otherwise, explain his sudden reemergence now that he's back in Tennessee.
Can't argue with that, because I thought he was completely finished when he left the Eagles. I thought all of those injuries caught up to him and that he would no longer be worth anything, but I was clearly wrong there. THE FREAK is back.
Old 12-22-2008   #77
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Sad but true. I would have much rather kept our old name and Oiler traditions, but they weren't fought for and Bud crept away with all of it.

I love the new traditions that have been born as well, but winning would make it much more enjoyable.
ironically YOU are the one who explained it to me!
Old 12-22-2008   #78
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not like he was garbage when he was in philly; he was productive when he was healthy.......emphasis on healthy as he missed lots of time when he was an eagle. Besides, statistically he's doing nothing special since he came back, he just fits the titans scheme better.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #79
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

these Titan fans are much more bearable after they lose, than after they post a win.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #80
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My post from earlier will show that I had him pegged as a "system" guy as he benefited from KVB and Al. Watching your own team you would know that Jacob Ford is a better DE then Kearse is. He got hurt when he played with the Eagles and never came back in shape to play. The reason he has an "reemergence" is that teams have to double team KVB or Al.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read