Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-22-2008   #41
9nines
Rookie

Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
One of my most cherished memories is watching one of our guys dragging Mike Tomzack 10 yards down field by his face mask in an attempt to rip it off.
Was that when Michael Barrow, in his rookie year and in the middle of the 11 game winning streak, tackled Tomzank, who was running at the sidelines, and Barrow got a bear hug on him and then punched Tomzank repeatedly in the face as they both went into the sidelines?

That 1993 team was my favorite.

Last edited by 9nines; 12-22-2008 at 11:49 AM.
9nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #42
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nines View Post
Was that when Michael Barrow, in his rookie year and in the middle of the 11 game winning streak, tackled Tomzank, who was running at the sidelines, and Barrow got a bear hug on him and then punched Tomzank repeatedly in the face as they both went into the sidelines?

That 1993 team was my favorite.
BTW, how did you become a Houston Oilers fan living in Tennessee? I thought most fans out there were Steelers fans before Bud moved out there.

So what do you think about the Predators this year? I noticed you are an NHL fan in another thread.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #43
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
BTW, how did you become a Houston Oilers fan living in Tennessee? I thought most fans out there were Steelers fans before Bud moved out there.

So what do you think about the Predators this year? I noticed you are an NHL fan in another thread.
Yeah, but he apparently likes Edmonton, not the Predators.
Old 12-22-2008   #44
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yeah, but he apparently likes Edmonton, not the Predators.
Yeah, I gathered that however since he lives out there I thought he might know a little about the Predators. They have been talking about moving and I was curious what's going on with them now.
Old 12-22-2008   #45
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

I guess you guess just don't understand the rivalry that this organization and the Pittsburg Steelers have. It goes way back even before the Texans were a team. Back to the Oilers days.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #46
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I guess you guess just don't understand the rivalry that this organization and the Pittsburg Steelers have. It goes way back even before the Texans were a team. Back to the Oilers days.

Sure, we understood that even when you were in diapers watching Dale Earnhardt making a bunch of left hand turns in that #2 car. However the Oilers don't exist anymore and the team they morphed into are more dislikeable than the Steelers.
Old 12-22-2008   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 12-22-2008   #48
ZX758
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVP

Quote:

We ALL know about the rivalry back in the day. With the Steelers, keep in mind that most of us in this forum were Oiler fans at one point. and it sucked being beaten by Pittsburgh. But there really is no need for something like that. It's just classless.
ZX758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #49
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX758 View Post
But there really is no need for something like that. It's just classless.
Its a smack forum. He's pushing buttons.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #50
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought it was great when the Titans were stomping on that flag. It's football for god sakes, and those teams shouldn't like each other when they are competing for home field advantage and know that their is a good chance that they will face each other in the post season. They played a great game and beat the hell out of the Steelers, and showed them no mercy. That is how a dominant team's attitude should be. I wish that that kind of grit would rub off on the Texans.

I hope these two teams match up again in the playoffs, because it should be a great game again. I just hope the Steelers take the next one and I think they will. They both have a similar game plan and formula for winning, but in the post season I'll have more confidence in Ben than I will in Collins.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #51
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Sure, we understood that even when you were in diapers watching Dale Earnhardt making a bunch of left hand turns in that #2 car. However the Oilers don't exist anymore and the team they morphed into are more dislikeable than the Steelers.
You are 8 years older then I am and I have no idea what Earnheardt even drives. I assume a race car of some type? I have better things to do then watch a bunch of necks drive cars around a track. Most ridiculous 'sport' I have ever heard of.

I have not missed a game under the name 'Titans' and watched ever Oilers game that was televised since I was 9. So don't start a rant about me not knowing my teams history or about my age.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 12-22-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2008   #52
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And the star of the Luve Ya Blue Oilers, ol' #34, said he never played in Tennessee and was never a Titan. It doesn't translate. People in Tennessee have to accept their own history instead of dry-humping a history that they never experienced or knew about until Uncle Slug pimped his team to them.

Same franchise, but completely different teams.

p.s. A "rivalry" is usually a two way street. The Steelers do not view your franchise as anything other than a speed bump on the way to their multiple Super Bowl champships.
Old 12-22-2008   #53
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
And the star of the Luve Ya Blue Oilers, ol' #34, said he never played in Tennessee and was never a Titan. It doesn't translate. People in Tennessee have to accept their own history instead of dry-humping a history that they never experienced or knew about until Uncle Slug pimped his team to them.

Same franchise, but completely different teams.

p.s. A "rivalry" is usually a two way street. The Steelers do not view your franchise as anything other than a speed bump on the way to their multiple Super Bowl champships.
I'd dissagree here....this is a storied rivalry that the Earl Campbell Oilers started. Like it or not, this franchise has some history.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #54
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'd dissagree here....this is a storied rivalry that the Earl Campbell Oilers started. Like it or not, this franchise has some history.
The Houston Oilers are dead, man. Let it go.
Old 12-22-2008   #55
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are 8 years older then I am and I have no idea what Earnheardt even drives. I assume a race care of some type? I have better things to do then watch a bunch of necks drive cars around a track. Most ridiculous 'sport' I have ever heard of.

I have not missed a game under the name 'Titans' and watched ever Oilers game that was televised since I was 9. So don't start a rant about me not knowing my teams history or about my age.
Ah, some Tack fan who isn't old enough to remember the Luv Ya Blue era trying to tell us about the Oilers.

GTFO. You're no Oilers fan and you certainly don't deserve to claim them.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #56
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Does anyone really associate the Ravens with the Browns franchise history? No.

The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers and they never will be.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Houston Oilers are dead, man. Let it go.
Actually, if they want to embrace a history of choking, then they can be my guest. It's not my team.
Old 12-22-2008   #58
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Does anyone really associate the Ravens with the Browns franchise history? No.

The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers and they never will be.
well, since the Browns actually own their own history its different. The Ravens do still have intense rivalries with the Steelers and Bengals...teams they had intense rivalries with since they were the Browns.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #59
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Why the hell couldn't Houston keep the Oilers history? Maybe we Bud goes to hell, we can do something about it (keep the history, but the hell with the rest).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #60
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Ah, some Tack fan who isn't old enough to remember the Luv Ya Blue era trying to tell us about the Oilers.

GTFO. You're no Oilers fan and you certainly don't deserve to claim them.
Maybe your age is getting to you but I can not help when I was born. I lived through the Moon era and the Bills game. If you were a true Oilers fan you would understand the Pit rivalry but maybe in your older age you have forgotten. The depends are near the pharmacy BTW.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read