Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2008   #21
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hightower Hurricanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Saw that.

They seemed kinda down this year.

Maybe that's just cuz they were consistently awesome back when I played against them though.
I wonder if I've ever seen you play. Where'd you go to school?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #22
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I wonder if I've ever seen you play. Where'd you go to school?
Klein Collins
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #23
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I covered a game for CBS against KC. Hopefully it wasn't last year when Westfield demoralized your school.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #24
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Hightower made it to the big one. Clark scored on the opening drive in the game and Hightower came back with 28 unanswered points by halftime. It was basically a defensive battle the second half with neither team scoring. The attendance was relatively good in an incredibly huge stadium. State championship will be played on Saturday at Reliant Stadium. Congrats to Katy as well.
I'd love to see a Div. I champ vs. a Div.II champ for the overall 5A ! Having 2 5A champs is awful !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #25
Polo

MY GF's brother is the starting fullback and back up RB for the canes...I've been to all the play-off games except the one they played in Austin last week...

I had no idea they were undefeated until recently....I thought they were going to lose to my old school northshore but they pulled it out...The best game they played though was against Cinco....
Old 12-17-2008   #26
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
MY GF's brother is the starting fullback and back up RB for the canes...I've been to all the play-off games except the one they played in Austin last week...

I had no idea they were undefeated until recently....I thought they were going to lose to my old school northshore but they pulled it out...The best game they played though was against Cinco....
I can understand given in the last few years FBISD talent has been rather diluted and most of the teams, Hightower for years, never advanced past regional. What is your GF brother's name? I know London Hamilton and was wondering if Bobie Dubose was Blake Dubose's brother.

I thought that I kept up rather well with the teams once they were deep into the playoffs, but I had no idea who Allen was or where they were located. Based on what I've read, they are having an awesome year and we will indeed have our hands full. I hope that 650 member band that they have don't make our stadium their home field advantage. There was a picture on their website of a performance in Texas Stadium that they spelled out Eagles end zone to end zone and sideline to sideline.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #27
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations to Hightower for a fine season. Unfortunately the championship was earned by Allen. I can say both teams showed some excellent play and both teams certainly had outstanding programs. Hats off to Coach Hallmark and our boys for their success and providing their fans with some very exciting football.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #28
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Congratulations to Hightower for a fine season. Unfortunately the championship was earned by Allen. I can say both teams showed some excellent play and both teams certainly had outstanding programs. Hats off to Coach Hallmark and our boys for their success and providing their fans with some very exciting football.
I thought that the coach lost this game. Weird formations, weird playcalls. Get the ball to #12! During the last drive they were lining him up in the slot on the short side of the field running meaningless routes.

Hightower had far superior talent IMO, but they blew it with undisciplined play and odd coaching.

Congrats to Hightower for getting where they got though.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read