Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-19-2008   #61
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good Job ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Lets break that one down too since you seem so butt hurt over it.

So the thread is started by hpfDave (Dave Sabo dave@houstonprofootball.com). For his first post on our board he comes on AFTER the game and post this gem:

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=44157

I'll take the time to actually link to the thread since you forgot that one.

My response:

You decide to chime in:

Which I responded with:

You comment on us living in the past; I point out you have none. I see nothing two faced at all about that. It is the truth. Every sentence in my response is accurate and on point of where the Texans franchise and a large portion of the fan base is. Still not over a team that left 10 years ago, still not a playoff team, still not a division winner. Its time to move on and think about the future of YOUR franchise not one that is 10 years out. If the Titans/Oilers are such a losing organization with nothing of quality why do you care? If someone stole your Pinto would you still be bitching and moaning about it 10 years later?
Hey genuis, any idea who I was referring to whenever I said
Quote:
(with a couple of exceptions)
? You, Childress, Bipolar and maybe a couple of others.

It was directed at some those folks who obviously took the short bus to school, like the guy that defended the Titans loss, by saying the Steelers had already won... Even though I knew Dave Sabo was just teasing, notice I didn't really defend or agree with him. Then you came back with that blast. When I posted your blast here, people took realized that you weren't sincere with your congrats.

Anyway, I'm done.
Old 12-19-2008   #62
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

But the titans are Overrated, so what is the big deal?
Old 12-19-2008   #63
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
The Texans certainly are not. No one even talk about them.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I know that... I just thought it was in bad form from Dave, that's why I didnt address his initial post. I believe in the 24 hour rule.
Old 12-19-2008   #65
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Perhaps it was meaningless to you as an individual, but it made a great statement for this franchise. The first time to win four in a row. Beating a 12-1 divisional rival after starting the season 0-4 and surviving Ike. The Titans wanted to win this game. They wanted to tie up homefield advantage before facing the Steelers and Colts. But they lost...to the Texans.

And it showed our young team that the Titans are not invincible. Y'all can be beat, and that game was a sign of things to come.

The Titans lost some pride, and they certainly lost momentum. Y'all have lost 2 out of the last four. You got beat by a team that you have owned for years. We exposed your weaknesses to the rest of the league. Shut down your running game and make Collins try to beat you with his inconsistent arm.

You also lost Haynesworth for the last two games, one of which you need to win to clench homefield throughout the playoffs. No telling what shape he will be in for week two of the playoffs. It will be a month since he's played by that point. Your line with out Al is not the same. Still talented, of course, but it's just not the same.

You can keep saying that you lost nothing, but you know as well as I do that football is a game of momentum and emotions. You lose to the Steelers this week and I can see your team start to circle the drain. Losing 3 out of the last 5 would indicate that the Tits peaked too early, and regaining that momentum in the playoffs is an uphill battle.
Quoted for.....F-ckin A Tweety!!
Old 12-19-2008   #66
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
You know you just dated yourself with that, right??
Old 12-19-2008   #67
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You know you just dated yourself with that, right??
How long ago?
Old 12-19-2008   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
How long ago?
I don't know. My OLDER sister used to say that.
Old 12-19-2008   #69
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't know. My OLDER sister used to say that.
Ah, come on, Man. It ain't that old. Then again, I had 3 older brothers. Plus, you're older than I am, Geezer.
Old 12-19-2008   #70
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Perhaps it was meaningless to you as an individual, but it made a great statement for this franchise. The first time to win four in a row. Beating a 12-1 divisional rival after starting the season 0-4 and surviving Ike. The Titans wanted to win this game. They wanted to tie up homefield advantage before facing the Steelers and Colts. But they lost...to the Texans.

And it showed our young team that the Titans are not invincible. Y'all can be beat, and that game was a sign of things to come.

The Titans lost some pride, and they certainly lost momentum. Y'all have lost 2 out of the last four. You got beat by a team that you have owned for years. We exposed your weaknesses to the rest of the league. Shut down your running game and make Collins try to beat you with his inconsistent arm.

You also lost Haynesworth for the last two games, one of which you need to win to clench homefield throughout the playoffs. No telling what shape he will be in for week two of the playoffs. It will be a month since he's played by that point. Your line with out Al is not the same. Still talented, of course, but it's just not the same.

You can keep saying that you lost nothing, but you know as well as I do that football is a game of momentum and emotions. You lose to the Steelers this week and I can see your team start to circle the drain. Losing 3 out of the last 5 would indicate that the Tits peaked too early, and regaining that momentum in the playoffs is an uphill battle.

I still think we beet the Squeelers this weekend without AH and KVB.

AH likes to take time off. Until the last couple of seasons he was averaging missing 3 games a season and half the time a phantom injury would occure and he would disappear for multiple plays only to come back.

The most important game of our season is on Sunday. That will be the tell tail sign if we are limping around or true contenders. That will be all of the emotion and momentum that we need for the playoffs.

Old 12-19-2008   #71
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Ah, come on, Man. It ain't that old. Then again, I had 3 older brothers. Plus, you're older than I am, Geezer.
That's MISTER Geezer to you young whippersnappers...
Old 12-19-2008   #72
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
I still think we beet the Squeelers this weekend without AH and KVB.

AH likes to take time off. Until the last couple of seasons he was averaging missing 3 games a season and half the time a phantom injury would occure and he would disappear for multiple plays only to come back.

The most important game of our season is on Sunday. That will be the tell tail sign if we are limping around or true contenders. That will be all of the emotion and momentum that we need for the playoffs.
The last time I checked it was equally important to the Steelers. Honestly, without Fat Al and VandenBotsch, I think the Steelers win easily. If you couldn't run alot against us you're damn sure not going to run against them.
Old 12-19-2008   #73
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK that was hilarious.
Old 12-19-2008   #74
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
The last time I checked it was equally important to the Steelers. Honestly, without Fat Al and VandenBotsch, I think the Steelers win easily. If you couldn't run alot against us you're damn sure not going to run against them.
One of our backup DT is also suspended until the end of the season for the substance abuse violation. That masking drug thing. He did not fight it so he could play in the playoffs. The depth on the line is my largest concern at this point.

Old 12-19-2008   #75
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Steelers > Titans

Texans could have scored 16 points during last week's game with the inevitable :
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #76
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo-x View Post
Steelers > Titans

Texans could have scored 16 points during last week's game with the inevitable :

Coulda, woulda, shouda ...

If Collins hits Crumpler wide open instead of hog tieing him he would have had a 40 yard dash with a 5+ yard gap to the endzone. That wins the game. If Collins had not been off all game and just out throwing WR with absolutly no pressure on him we crush you.

But that is just a woulda shoulda ... just like your 16 point nonsence ...

Old 12-20-2008   #77
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo-x View Post
Steelers > Titans

Old 12-20-2008   #78
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If Collins hits Crumpler wide open instead of hog tieing him he would have had a 40 yard dash with a 5+ yard gap to the endzone. That wins the game. If Collins had not been off all game and just out throwing WR with absolutly no pressure on him we crush you.

But that is just a woulda shoulda ... just like your 16 point nonsence ...
Don't act like the only person off all day was Collins. The Texans should have stomped the Titans with the way you all were playing, but we weren't nearly playing our best, either.

Quote:
You know, people in Tennessee have no room to talk.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #79
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take a Steelers fan over a possum fan anyday.
Old 12-20-2008   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't hit his butt every time he jumps.

If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

We can play the if game all day long, but the fact remains that your 12-1 team lost to the Houston Texans.

Saying "if Collins was a better QB" is kind of silly. He is what he is...

Quote:
Kind of amusing to see you acting towards the Steelers in the same way that you try to call out Texans fans for acting towards the Tits.

Let's see, you say that we can't generalize a fanbase, but then you post the above picture.

You say that Texans fans have no right to call out the Titans because of our short history, yet you want to call out one of the most successful franchises in NFL history (5 Super Bowl trophies to your franchise's zero).

I'd say that your envy has gotten the best of you and you have fallen trap to the hypocrisy that you purport to fight. Hey, I know that you're only human and it happens, but I think this game concerns you a lot more than you let on. If you lose to the Steelers and they end up with homefield advantage, the road goes through Pittsburgh. And your franchise's history indicates that is not a road you wish to travel.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read