Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: why the effff is the blue crew not up for this award?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Two tailgates in the Platinum lot (Ragin Bull and Blue Crew) have been featured in Tailgater Monthly magazine.
Too bad there is no way to copy and paste the articles...
Old 12-18-2008   #22
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post
The Yellow Lot calls BS on that.

...and that.

The Yellow Lot has had a number of substantial tailgates from day 1. Not a single one of us was inspired or taught anything by Blue Crew or Any Other Colored Crew for that matter.

VIVA Anna-Megan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bpe3

I have always had a deep respect for the Yellow lot and the things that they have done since day one. There are some really great tailgates there!

I can't really speak for texansdrummer because I have never been in the Bull Pen Band and I don't go to Yellow as often as he did. Nor have I seen what he has seen or talked to the people he has talked to.

The point here, Bpe3, is why don't they include the Platinum Lot in their poll. It is an honest question and one that I would be asking if the Yellow Lot were left out as well.

We are ALL Texans fans and we are being acknowledged as a top tier tailgating city, not because of one lot but because of what we are doing TOGETHER as a whole.

Last edited by Tedc; 12-18-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #23
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have always had a deep respect for the Yellow lot and the things that they have done since day one. There are some really great tailgates there!

I can't really speak for texansdrummer because I have never been in the Bull Pen Band and I don't go to Yellow as often as he did. Nor have I seen what he has seen or talked to the people he has talked to.

The point here, Bpe3, is why don't they include the Platinum Lot in their poll. It is an honest question and one that I would be asking if the Yellow Lot were left out as well.

We are ALL Texans fans and we are being acknowledged as a top tier tailgating city, not because of one lot but because of what we are doing TOGETHER as a whole.
Ted,

I agree...Platinum SHOULD be included in the voting. In fact, I was suprised that it was omitted. I would have voted BC for 2nd place if it were there...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #24
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Ted,

I agree...Platinum SHOULD be included in the voting. In fact, I was suprised that it was omitted. I would have voted BC for 2nd place if it were there...
That is our point. I have been a Mojo man from the early days when we all met up in Dallas. What a great trip that was.

I am not voting until ALL lots are accounted for.
Old 12-18-2008   #25
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 16 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

me neither!!!

txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #26
Tedc
Hardheaded

Hey, the Filos in Orange have always brought an electrifying feeling to tailgating as well.
Old 12-18-2008   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, the Filos in Orange have always brought an electrifying feeling to tailgating as well.

Old 12-18-2008   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well ... I can see the tailgate olympics for charity coming on . Next year each week will have a different event and the team with the most points wins . Hey ... this can support Texan talk .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #29
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 39971 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Too bad there is no way to copy and paste the articles...
You can link directly to it...
Blue Crew in TailgaterMonthly Magazine
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #30
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

Don't get me wrong....in my experience there were great people and fantastic times to be had with great people in ANY lot. I'm pretty certain that not many people had the task of covering the swath of tailgating that I did at every game. I remember when we split the band in two so we could cover even more ground, which is when we started going to FILO (and having a great time with them), among others. Everyone has their own personality/thing in the lots....that's part of what makes it so fun. I'm not making the case that nobody but the BC was throwing it down in years 1&2.....but that's the zip code that had the most activity (by far) in the early days.

Bottom line is that the Platinum lot should have a few representatives - period.
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #31
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look Guys I voted, and I did protest the actual listing but a contest is a contest and if we can not be a part of the decision then I will give them mine.

Public and out in the open

Old school tailgaters
Texans Mojo and in no paticular order we just had to push one or the other.
I did a third and that was not important the thing is we are one nation.
We have a very intense NFL enviroment in Houston. I have been all over and these groups have traditions that get stronger every year. And family upon family come by and enjoy the afternoon before going back to the grind for the week. It is too bad that we do not have a game every week so we could have more time to practice the art of what we do. Every body on that stadium ground is the real winner cause you get to be there experiencing the history first hand and I say Welcome and Merry Christmas to All
Old 12-19-2008   #32
Tedc
Hardheaded

My e-mail to John Mcclain......

I am really ashamed that the Chronicle would do a poll on tailgating and not even include the Platinum Lot! The Blue Crew has hosted dignitaries from all over the world and fans from every team with most of them coming back for more fun. We have welcomed with open arms friends of sports writers and players never accepting payment (we have had many offers) from anyone for the experience. We pick up out of town visitors and make sure they are back safely to their hotels.

We may not have commercial sponsorship but that is what makes the Blue Crew special. It is a growing family of friends that make it work.

John, I would not expect the Blue Crew to win such an award because of the lack of sponsorships but I would expect the Chronicle to at least put us in the discussion and not act as if the Platinum lot does not exist.

To top it off, the Chronicle also stiffed the Ragin Bull Tailgate, also in Platinum! Ragin Bull and Blue Crew have been featured in Tailgating Monthly Magazine.

http://www.tailgatermonthly-digital.com/tailgatermonthly/200812/?pm=2&zin=165&u1=texterity&sub_id=fcnuGBLwK8KY&pg= 16&z=82

How many tailgates in Houston can say that?

What a sham!! What a shame!! I expected more from you, John.

Tedc
Old 12-19-2008   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
You can link directly to it...
Awesome BPP. Thanks man.

Who is that ugly mug in the hardhat?? And that dude wearing a pink t-shirt?? Must be a Yankee.
Old 12-19-2008   #34
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: why the effff is the blue crew not up for this award?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
And that dude wearing a pink t-shirt?? Must be a Yankee.

Seriously? Who sent THAT photo in. You're on notice.

Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #35
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My e-mail to John Mcclain......

I am really ashamed that the Chronicle would do a poll on tailgating and not even include the Platinum Lot! The Blue Crew has hosted dignitaries from all over the world and fans from every team with most of them coming back for more fun. We have welcomed with open arms friends of sports writers and players never accepting payment (we have had many offers) from anyone for the experience. We pick up out of town visitors and make sure they are back safely to their hotels.

We may not have commercial sponsorship but that is what makes the Blue Crew special. It is a growing family of friends that make it work.

John, I would not expect the Blue Crew to win such an award because of the lack of sponsorships but I would expect the Chronicle to at least put us in the discussion and not act as if the Platinum lot does not exist.

To top it off, the Chronicle also stiffed the Ragin Bull Tailgate, also in Platinum! Ragin Bull and Blue Crew have been featured in Tailgating Monthly Magazine.

http://www.tailgatermonthly-digital.com/tailgatermonthly/200812/?pm=2&zin=165&u1=texterity&sub_id=fcnuGBLwK8KY&pg= 16&z=82

How many tailgates in Houston can say that?

What a sham!! What a shame!! I expected more from you, John.

Tedc
FILO was the first group to make it to the Tailgater of the Year...twice.
ORANGE LOT RULES!!! (I had to say that)

But for real, each lot needs to be represented to be a true poll. No matter who has the most sponsorship and cash (hey, thats how you win)...every larger and more well-known tailgate should be included.
PS- Thank you for forgetting us A-M...thats how we roll now. Keep the Hollywood stuff in Blue (not Platinum, because they didn't make the poll...gotta love me Ted!). We who are not mentioned are the tailgates that have the most fun.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #36
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, guys and gals! You all missed the point. This is payback time for all the negative stuff we have been saying about Houston sports writers! In other words, they are stickin it to us!! Yes, I know, other people have been just as verbal about their distain for the Chronicles sports team, but, it seems the majority, on this MB anyway, comes from the BC. I know John McClain reads this board, or use to, and I'm pretty sure Anna-Megan does too. Those sports writers surf the web and you all know it.

Personally, I don't really care. They gave us the snub, just as HEB does every week. We know the type of tailgating group we have become over the years. NO big money contributions, NO huge grills with fancy set ups, NO loud obnoxious music, just a bunch of great Texan fans who love our team with a passion, win or lose, and love entertaining fans from all over the world. We established our identity several years ago, lets remain PROUD of who we are!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #37
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
(not Platinum, because they didn't make the poll...gotta love me Ted!).

It is good to have you back. I guess Doc kept ballons out of the hospital??

I hope everything is much better.
Old 12-19-2008   #38
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Supergate 09
Old 12-21-2008   #39
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Please do not take this as a negative post, but really???

I mean does it really mean that much to you....I mean everyone enjoys their own lots and parties, shoot, we all do and we all have ventured into other lots. Everyone is as good as the others and some might be bigger or more dressed up, but does it really matter that much who thinks what and why.

Enjoy what we have, that's one of the greatest tailgating cities in the NFL. Who G.A.S. what some writer does or does not say, as it is us the tailgaters that make this story even possible..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #40
Tedc
Hardheaded

I does matter, Hobie. The chronicle is our only "real" fishwrap in this town and we HAVE to turn to them on occasions.

They are asking which are the best tailgating lots but they aren't giving us all the options. My question to them is WHY?? All I want is an answer. (BTW, no response from AM or JM at this point. It seems I will get my response after the poll is over(?). Is that right?)

If the shoe was on the other foot, wouldn't you want to know why Orange wasn't included? Wouldn't it tick you off just a tad??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read