Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-24-2004   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Fact or Fiction

The following is a Fact or Fiction Quote from ESPN. Looks like others are slowing starting to take notice of the Texans.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004   #2
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

here is another place where ESPN has seemed to take notice of the Texans

Quote:
Most scary is the potential on offense. Andre Johnson is a huge monster for cornerbacks to handle because of his speed and size and is coming off a 66-catch rookie season. Corey Bradford and Jabar Gaffney complement him with their shiftiness in running routes. Domanick Davis only started 10 games but he gave the Texans their first 1,000-yard rusher. Another season coming off college knee surgery, Tony Hollings may give him a challenge or at least give the team a second running threat.

found here...
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

No kidding it's fiction. Jacksonville and Houston should both be on a major upswing this year. It's going to be a rough division this year.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004   #4
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Fiction. The Titans won't contend for the division title. The Texans will.
Old 06-24-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans = .500 this year. Bud took over the front office and fired Diamond. This is their first taste of Budmania. First thing he did of course was call out Eddie George publicly. Gotta luv it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Titans will fall this year. They've lost a lot of people in the defense and no matter how tough Steve McNair is, one of these days he's gonna take a shot that will put him out for the rest of the season and possibly force him to retire. Without Steve McNair the Titans go no where.
Old 06-24-2004   #7
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I say about the same thing. Honestly, I see them as the cellar dwellars of the division.
Old 06-24-2004   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans have ZERO gimmie games this next season. They will have to fight for every one. Which forces me to think they will end up under .500 I think 8-8 at best. In fact, I think the Texans have the softest schedule.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004   #9
chicagotexan
All Pro

I forgot that the drunk basset hound fired Diamond. I know they'll still play hard for Fisher, but they're dominance is over. Indy will probably outscore everyone. I see a nasty rivalry with the young Jags. I love it. I always look forward to hating the good team.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004   #10
DominatorDavis
Veteran

AFC South Prediction:

Colts 11-5 (#3 off. #22 def)
Titans 9-7 (#18 off #23 def)
Texans 8-8 (#14 off #15 def)
Jags 7-9 (#19 off #6 def)

Colts will be the darling of the AFC South this year. Titans falling and the Jags and our boys improving. That is my view at least.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as McNair is there the Titans can win any game they play. Don't underestimate them. He's still the MVP and they have a good team. This division is the best in the league I think. All the teams are good and it should be fun.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The AFC South could become the NL Central of football. It may be the last couple of weeks of the season before anything is decided.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004   #13
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Smile Budmania

I just can't subscribe to BudMania. He is still the same old BottomLineBud, so I will continue to believe that is his overriding motivation. The Titanics are likely to be just that if all the rookie picks they got from us don't pan out immediately. 8-8 would be somewhat of a stretch, IMO. McNair is still McNair, but it is still a team game and he can't do it all by himself.

I would love to see us sweep both games from the Titans this year, but alas, we will probably win only one.

Jax will be tough this year and it should be a war in both games. I see us winning one of them.

Indy just has too much firepower. It will depend on how fast our revamped defense picks it up. I will go out on a limb and say we split with them also.
Old 06-25-2004   #14
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
The AFC South could become the NL Central of football. It may be the last couple of weeks of the season before anything is decided.
Same with the Midwest last year in the NBA, we get no luck

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read