Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-20-2005   #21
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

i doubt we'll be saying goodbye to simmons or faggins sanders im not sure but faggin and simmons will def. be there and glenn gettin moved to corner? i highly doubt it even with his age he i still better than buchannon IMO and i think the coaches know that to unless somehow when Buchannon shows up in training camp and blows everyone away.
Old 04-20-2005   #22
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I didn't hear the original interview, but the interview highlights noted later that I did hear...

- was surprised to be going to Houston, he was thinking Washington was his future then Houston was the result.
- he's ready to "take it to the house", that's what hes thinking when he gets the ball
- he wants to get all of Texas on the TEXANS bandwaggon

He sounded like he's pretty pumped to be coming here (or at least to get a fresh start).
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #23
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yea like u said in another thread when he comes outa the tunnel hearing 70,000 people screaming ur name hes gonna be real pumped...its gonna be an awesome and fun season to watch....man this off season stuff is killin me. i wish i had old games saved to go bak and wathc.....of course the only one we one i would wanna watch though haha
Old 04-20-2005   #24
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
yea like u said in another thread when he comes outa the tunnel hearing 70,000 people screaming ur name hes gonna be real pumped...its gonna be an awesome and fun season to watch....man this off season stuff is killin me. i wish i had old games saved to go bak and wathc.....of course the only one we one i would wanna watch though haha
5 MORE MONTHS!!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #25
outofhnd
All Pro

Like I said only time and training camp will tell.

Glenn is aging and this would be agreat way to preserve him and keep him effective and fresh if we needed him to be a starting CB. unless Buchanon just doesnt do well at all. we are looking to cause turnovers this year and looking to get younger and faster.
Old 04-20-2005   #26
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yah training camp will tell all but i still think IMO glenn is gonna keep his job, he is better than buchannon as of right now and i dont THINK many people would disagree whos the better DB but i could be wrong
Old 04-20-2005   #27
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

yeah i think the only one of the three that is a definite starter is D-Rob...i think with the class of glenn we could see him doing what marchall faulk is doing in St. Louis...letting the younger guy learn and play and coming in when he is needed...and with our division that'll be just as much as the starter
Old 04-20-2005   #28
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I think that most of us would agree that there are a lot of high character players on this team, I think that it will rub off on him like it did with Corey Dillon and the Patriots.
Old 04-20-2005   #29
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I don't think AG or G-Funk will let any players (rookie or not) screw around and mess things up for the rest of the team. We have enough veterans still to set guys straight if they're causing problems.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #30
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think we move Glenn to Nickle. and we say goodbye to wright sanders simmons or faggins in camp. do we have wright anymore? hes the one i would like gone more than the other
Glenn to nickle is a good possibility. But I still think buch will be nickle. he will need time to learn our scheme.. and he is still young and raw. Perhaps it would also help to humble him a little bit.

Wright went to the Jags.

Faggins just signed another contract and he is our 4th best CB now. he isnt going anywhere. When Glenn retires he will move up to our 3rd CB again. Simmons is our 2nd string FS.. so he wont be going anywhere I think. So, if someone is gonna leave.. it will probably be Sanders. But im betting we will hold onto Sanders as well because we run so many 5DB sets.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

winning would also help pb along with a big fat contract extension. I'd like to see pb play one corner with ag, put dr in the nickle and df dime. mc at F/S and ge @ SS
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #32
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

the draft needs to happen TOMORROW!!! i believe GM's are going to be real active on saturday.
Old 04-20-2005   #33
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
the draft needs to happen TOMORROW!!! i believe GM's are going to be real active on saturday.
Be patient, it's only 2 days and 12 hours away...There should be plenty of movement between here and then, so it should fly by (I hope)...
Old 04-21-2005   #34
Davis37
All Pro

I think it will be DROB and AG starting, but when offenses come out with 3 wides, DROB might go to the slot so he cant blitz!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read