Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #41
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I will now that we got Buchanon :woot ...
Your head hurts too, don't it? The texans(small letters intentional) are gonna gonna pay a lot more than the draft choices already surrendered for that trade.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #42
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
Your head hurts too, don't it? The texans(small letters intentional) are gonna gonna pay a lot more than the draft choices already surrendered for that trade.
I'm assuming you're referring to his lockerroom issues...For now, I'm thinking he just needs a change of scenery, much like Corey Dillon did...I think if he acts up, Jon Hoke and Dom Capers will whip his *** into shape...If that doesn't work, he's gone in 2 years, so no big deal...If he doesn't develop into a good CB, he's still a game-breaking return man...
Old 04-20-2005   #43
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Reggie is a good solid pick up, who can contribute on Special Teams.

He was the most consistant Lions WR, sadly....this was probally because he was the most healthy of them.

But he runs pretty good routes, gets seperation, and usually makes the catch. He's solid not spectacular. Should be a great #4 option.

Going to miss him, first time I have said that about a Lions WR that has left these past few years.
Old 04-20-2005   #44
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yea then it sounds like swinton is exactly like JJ solid but not spectacular. and plus i dont think were lookin for a WR like swinton IMO im not sayin were set at WR just not him. so my point is JJ is solid but not spectacular but with buchanan signed who knows anymore
Old 04-20-2005   #45
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Going to miss him, first time I have said that about a Lions WR that has left these past few years.
You don't miss Johnnie Morton?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #46
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yea but the question is how long ago did johnie morton play?
Old 04-20-2005   #47
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

When I look back at the game against Jville and remember how short handed we were after no JJ, I am glad to see we have more capable people to help in this department.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #48
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Isn't he still playing for the Chiefs? He was with Detroit for a 8 years

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...s?statsId=2876
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #49
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yea thats right he does play for the cheifs....then i guess he wasnt missed muched by ihategeeks but then again he said
"Going to miss him, first time I have said that about a Lions WR that has left these past few years."
Old 04-20-2005   #50
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
When I look back at the game against Jville and remember how short handed we were after no JJ, I am glad to see we have more capable people to help in this department.
Good point ET. We now have a couple of folks to handle kick duty. We looked BAD and very nervous in the kicking game in JVille.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #51
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

well if JJ's days r numbered i wish him luck whenever he leaves Houston hes proven to be a solid kick/punt returner
Old 04-20-2005   #52
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

if somehow we draft a RB in round 1.... JJ is definitely a goner given Davis would/could be put into KR duty also
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #53
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

im not to sure bout that...davis? he doesnt have break away speed and neither did JJ and he isnt that fast. he'd be a 3rd down bak and i think we'd have starling or somethin bak there if it wouldnt be swinton or buchanon
Old 04-20-2005   #54
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
im not to sure bout that...davis? he doesnt have break away speed and neither did JJ and he isnt that fast. he'd be a 3rd down bak and i think we'd have starling or somethin bak there if it wouldnt be swinton or buchanon
Try checking out DD's KR/PR stats in college--you'll find an SEC record.
Old 04-20-2005   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
Not to mention thats why we drafted him.
Well, I think that is overstated around here quite a bit. Casserly made a comment about him contributing on 3rd downs and on special teams, but despite missing almost all of training camp they had him coming in on more than 3rd downs right from the 1st game of the season.
Old 04-20-2005   #56
outofhnd
All Pro

I dont think Buchanon is a return option unless he doesnt get a starting job. Swinton, eh i have never really liked him. Hes a grinder just is a little taller than JJ. JJ will probably beat him out and though he never returns the big one he gives us better than avg starting field position on kickoffs. Rarely fumbles. Swinton.. well on the cowboys he was hot and cold moses seems like he gives us better starting field position... do we have statistics on that for return men?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read