Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-13-2008   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ahhhh you gotta love vince young

this is just a bit of commentary:

i was sitting here thinking about our big game on sunday against the hated tacks and the hated vince young and then i had this sort of giggle come over me. not in a "what a crazy roller coaster world we live in!" sort of way, but in a "man. justice. sweet sweet justice." sort of way. not a bunch of hoopla and i told you so's, but rather just a simple sigh of relief that good will prevail. and evil and arrogance will eventually wear a stupid santa hat with a red nose and not make the playoffs or have a mental breakdown, or go to prison for not liking puppy dogs etc. life's pretty good down here in reality. i like this world we live in where andre johnson is the "best WR in football" and mario is the clear "best choice" and walter is getting talk of a probowl nod. good guy slaton is the hardest young runner in the draft, "open" daniels is dedicated to becoming a better blocker. i mean come on people? isn't this the way it's supposed to be? hard work, honesty and truth? the better man prevails etc. etc. maybe this time next year it will all come clear that the better man has won and evil is well, still all over the place but it feels pretty good being the little guy. doing it the right way.

go gee gosh golly texans!

doin' it right since 06'
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #2
superdave532
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 superdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVP
Default Re: ahhhh you gotta love vince young

Building through the lines is the way to go, as we've taken 2 d-lineman and an o-lineman is the first rounds of the last 3 drafts. This team is on it's way (because Okoye will without a doubt pan out and become the next Warren Sapp, and Brown will become a solid left tackle).

With that being said, i still hope Vince has a great career even if the rest of it is against us in our division. A houston boy who did the great things he has done deserves it.
superdave532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #3
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: ahhhh you gotta love vince young

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave532 View Post
Building through the lines is the way to go, as we've taken 2 d-lineman and an o-lineman is the first rounds of the last 3 drafts. This team is on it's way (because Okoye will without a doubt pan out and become the next Warren Sapp, and Brown will become a solid left tackle).

With that being said, i still hope Vince has a great career even if the rest of it is against us in our division. A houston boy who did the great things he has done deserves it.
What makes you think that "without a doubt" Okoye's the next Warren Sapp?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand this thread at all. Maybe I need more drugs?
Old 12-13-2008   #5
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Gee Golly Gosh - Father ( McNair) Knows Best meets the Lone Ranger (good guys only need apply) and find Superman Kubiak fighting for truth, justice and the 'Texan Winning' way. Sortof gives one a warm fuzzy feeling - I like it!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #6
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

i was sitting here thinking about our big game on sunday against the hated tacks and the hated vince young and then i had this sort of giggle come over me. not in a "what a crazy roller coaster world we live in!" sort of way, but in a "man. justice. sweet sweet justice." sort of way. not a bunch of hoopla and i told you so's, but rather just a simple sigh of relief that good will prevail. and evil and arrogance will eventually wear a stupid santa hat with a red nose and not make the playoffs or have a mental breakdown, or go to prison for not liking puppy dogs etc. life's pretty good down here in reality. i like this world we live in where andre johnson is the "best WR in football" and mario is the clear "best choice" and walter is getting talk of a probowl nod. good guy slaton is the hardest young runner in the draft, "open" daniels is dedicated to becoming a better blocker. i mean come on people? isn't this the way it's supposed to be? hard work, honesty and truth? the better man prevails etc. etc. maybe this time next year it will all come clear that the better man has won and evil is well, still all over the place but it feels pretty good being the little guy. doing it the right way.

doin' it right since 06'
I had no idea your are so prolific, well done Mr barrett, rep coming your way!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

doin' it right since 06'
for those who don't get it, this is the Anti-"We Need Thugs to Win" post
...and I'm on board with it
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2008   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I guess the title threw me off then.
Old 12-13-2008   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I dont care how we win as long as we win.

Thug or no thug

It is nice to see the COWGIRLS imploding though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #10
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I dont care how we win as long as we win.

Thug or no thug

It is nice to see the COWGIRLS imploding though.
I think you have to have a balance to be successful.

too many "extravagant personalities" and you become the Cowpies or the Bengals (Ocho Cinco by himself has WAYYYY too many), and the Raiders (it's night of the living dead mofos).

not enough and you become the Bradyless Patriots. With Brady they didn't need or want any. The guy is just too damn good but now that Moss has seemed to put his past behind him and the only thug they have is a 1000 year old safety this year's team is slipping and might not make the playoffs.

but if you have a balance you get Tennessee (face stomper), New York Giants (leg shooter), and Miami (HUGE MOUTH). the difference here is that they have an offset to the equation. the G-men have Eli, Miami's got Penningtion, and Tennessee has the sweet old grandpa lining up behind center with his O2 tank alongside him.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
I think you have to have a balance to be successful.

too many "extravagant personalities" and you become the Cowpies or the Bengals (Ocho Cinco by himself has WAYYYY too many), and the Raiders (it's night of the living dead mofos).

not enough and you become the Bradyless Patriots. With Brady they didn't need or want any. The guy is just too damn good but now that Moss has seemed to put his past behind him and the only thug they have is a 1000 year old safety this year's team is slipping and might not make the playoffs.

but if you have a balance you get Tennessee (face stomper), New York Giants (leg shooter), and Miami (HUGE MOUTH). the difference here is that they have an offset to the equation. the G-men have Eli, Miami's got Penningtion, and Tennessee has the sweet old grandpa lining up behind center with his O2 tank alongside him.
Old?! I'll show YOU old...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
and Tennessee has the sweet old grandpa lining up behind center with his O2 tank alongside him.
To be fair to Collins, the tank isn't filled with O2, it's filled with Jack Daniels.
Old 12-13-2008   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To be fair to Collins, the tank isn't filled with O2, it's filled with Jack Daniels.
Old 12-13-2008   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

No, we don't need thugs...

...but one wouldn't hurt, would it?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just steal Collins' Jack. It'll make more sense... and if it doesn't, make sure you don't puke on the carpet.
Old 12-13-2008   #17
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think Vince throws like a girl...not to insult the ladies but I have seen some that can throw better than Radio.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read