Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-09-2008   #41
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Green Bay Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
So was I Yank. Even shed a couple tears I was so disappointed. I'll be WAY to old to go to GB the next time we play the Packs. Oh well. Such is life. I'm going to make plans NOW to go to Buffalo next year, IF it's a cold weather game.

bpe3 the pics are great! Made me shiver just looking at them!!
Just hope they don't move that game to Canada....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #42
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Just hope they don't move that game to Canada....
If they move it to Canada...I am there. One problem...they use a domed stadium.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #43
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Green Bay Fans - best fans I have ever been with. These folks are very hospitable.

Lambeau Field - wonderful place to take in a game. the stadium had the feel of a high school stadium.

Tailgating - well...I had heard that GB fans have the best tailgating in all of football. I can tell you this...I was NOT impressed.

Anyway...all in all, its been a great trip and I would highly recommend that you come when we play here again in 8 years. I know I will be back.
I was there too. The Battle Red Bunch took a group of 7 to Green Bay. Not all GB fans were great, but 80% were. We tailgated with the Raging Bull Tailgaters (those guys are GREAT). Not impressed with any Packer tailgating.
Some true comments from "smart" Packer fans:
"Go back to Austin!" & "Betcha can't have cool flyovers like that in a Dome!" (seriously, this was said)
and when I went to the latrine, one guy taunts me; "are you leaving already?", so I say why? "we are beating you 7-0!, read the scoreboard"
Also, one of our group was shoved down by one braindead Packer fan with no warning, then he ran away. Most were cool, but no opposing fan in any town has ever assaulted us. Ever.
WAY TOO COLD. I will not go back unless we play in September. I did it once. That's enough. The seats are way too close together to fit 21st Century Man. Maybe people were that size in the 30's.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read