Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2005   #21
ojthecat
Veteran

Question

And who says that CC is not working to make a deal for Alexander. It makes sense to me. All during the past 2 weeks he keeps making statments that we might not be able to aquire a started with the 13 pick. Sounds to me like he is working the local media/fans for a possible trade of some kind.
Old 04-18-2005   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
And DD said " my goal is 2,000 yds. rushing this yr". No if's, and's or but's.
Thank you for proving my point if your memory is correct. That statement is a goal. I don't know about you, but I have lots of goals--run a 5 minute mile, make a mil next year, ride the entire continental divide on my mountain bike. That ain't smack talk or bragging--they are things I would like myself to achieve. Are you really arguing DD would be better if his goal was 1400 yds? Then people would be in here complaining he doesn't even want to be the league leader.
Old 04-18-2005   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Not at all, dude. All I'm saying is that when you're in his position, that can be seen as inflammatory and get a big bullseye painted on you, i.e. "Bulletin Board Material". Not saying a bullseye isn't already there, but why make it bigger? I would be shocked if every runningback in the league didn't have that goal, but they don't go around talking about. It was a pretty minor point to my post above. Sorry it offended you so much.
Old 04-18-2005   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Not offended at all. You just happened to take the flak for making a comment a hundred people have made before. On the other hand, with people complaining DD doesn't take enough attention away from AJ, then those folks should hope DD talks all kinds of smack to make the D concentrate on him. Baically, DD expressed optimism, some folks around here got overly optimistic as well and then his goal wasn't reached and it becomes smack talk.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Not offended at all. You just happened to take the flak for making a comment a hundred people have made before. On the other hand, with people complaining DD doesn't take enough attention away from AJ, then those folks should hope DD talks all kinds of smack to make the D concentrate on him.
I hope the O-line performs well enough to make oppossing defenses pay attention to Mark Bruener and what he's gonna do.
Old 04-20-2005   #26
spence425
Rookie

to sum up....alexander and james would both be a huge hit financially. DD gets the job done and then some. And the rest of the weapons on the offense are there (except maybe a tight end) to help as well. there's no need to throw cash at a big name RB if we don't have to. Buchannon is the perfect example...he was signed because there was a hole, and and impact player was available.....THERE"S NO HOLE AT RB. see what happens this year with DD and evaluate after that on whether he gets the cash or someone else does.
spence425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #27
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

wow great post not a single thing i disagree with in it nice job spence
Old 04-20-2005   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I like James right where he is. He doesn't beat the Texans when we play them (at least not by himself he doesn't) and I like the idea that he takes up a big chunk of Indy's cap. Heck, I hope they sign him again next season to one of those big ol' "We appreciate what you've done for us all these years Edge" type of contracts.

As long as he's taking the money they can't pile on any defensive help and I don't particularly fear Edgerrin James. He's a great back but I think the Colts are weaker with him and no defense then they might be with the defensive players his salary could cover.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read