Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-08-2008   #81
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anything New on Vince Young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Here is a word you are probably not familiar with being a Texans fan.

Clinch [klinch]

1. Resolvesomething decisively

transitive verb to settle in a positive way the outcome of something such as a business deal or an argument

I'll even use it in a sentence:

The Titans clinched the AFC South on Sunday.

Or

With another loss the Texans will clinch last place in division, again.
Please check your stats before you post, as always with you.

How would we clinch last place with a loss?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #82
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Clinch [klinch]

transitive verb to settle in a positive way the outcome of something such as a business deal or an argument

Or

Here's a word you are all to familiar with:

Quote:
futility

Main Entry: fu·til·i·ty
Pronunciation: \fyü-ˈti-lə-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural fu·til·i·ties
Date: circa 1623
1 : the quality or state of being futile : uselessness
2 : a useless act or gesture <the futilities of debate for its own sake — W. A. White>
Old 12-08-2008   #83
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Clinch [klinch]

Or

Worse than the Jags?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #84
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoops
Old 12-08-2008   #85
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Clinch [klinch]

Or

Yay you! Would you like a ribbon? Or a chest to pin it on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That explains the Titan(esque) colors on your blow-up doll and your robe.
One of my favorite movies ever. The dart in the neck scene has me rolling every time I watch it. Here's a vid of the dart scene. LMAO! Classic!

http://www.truveo.com/Old-School-Dart-Gun/id/1036631652
Old 12-08-2008   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
One of my favorite movies ever. The dart in the neck scene has me rolling every time I watch it. Here's a vid of the dart scene. LMAO! Classic!

http://www.truveo.com/Old-School-Dart-Gun/id/1036631652
We've got the same tastes in humor - 'cause that's like one of the all-time funniest scenes, ever. Stiffler with the mullet... "Yes!! That's awesome........"
Old 12-08-2008   #87
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Please check your stats before you post, as always with you.

How would we clinch last place with a loss?
I thought the Jags disbanded .... my bad.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #88
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought the Jags disbanded .... my bad.
Not yet, the Arena league says their fan base is too small.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #89
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
We've got the same tastes in humor - 'cause that's like one of the all-time funniest scenes, ever. Stiffler with the mullet... "Yes!! That's awesome........"
Hmm, how about the tennis court scene in 'Mr Deeds'? I couldn't find just a clip of the scene but there are a couple in this video at the 1:20 mark and the 1:50 mark.

http://www.fancast.com/movies/Mr.-De....-Deeds/videos
Old 12-08-2008   #90
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Hmm, how about the tennis court scene in 'Mr Deeds'? I couldn't find just a clip of the scene but there are a couple in this video at the 1:20 mark and the 1:50 mark.

http://www.fancast.com/movies/Mr.-De....-Deeds/videos
My office thinks that I am nuts. I'm laughing so hard and they have no idea what about.

How about when John Torturro (sp?) goes to town on Deed's foot with the poker?
Old 12-08-2008   #91
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Clinch [klinch]

Or

Words & Phrases you should be familar with:

"The Choke"
"One Yard Short"

You're on top of the world right now, but remember your tacks are still the Oilers. So get used to the letdowns, you've got decades of history of them with plenty more one the way.

P.S. get ready for a stadium renovation request from Bud Adams in a few years....
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #92
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
P.S. get ready for a stadium renovation request from Bud Adams in a few years....
I hope he does. The #1 team in the NFL should at least be able to have two functioning score boards. Yesterday was pathetic.

Old 12-08-2008   #93
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I hope he does. ..............should at least be able to have two functioning score boards. Yesterday was pathetic.
And it starts....
Old 12-08-2008   #94
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope he does. The #1 team in the NFL should at least be able to have two functioning score boards. Yesterday was pathetic.
mmmm L.A. Titans
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #95
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
mmmm L.A. Titans
Can you imagine Bud's bad rug and cheap suit in LaLa Land??
Old 12-08-2008   #96
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
My office thinks that I am nuts. I'm laughing so hard and they have no idea what about.

How about when John Torturro (sp?) goes to town on Deed's foot with the poker?
LOL! Yeah, that's pretty good too.

How about these 2 memorable scenes? I just watched them a couple more times and am still laughing as I type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m_AfFK-A5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfiK...eature=related
Old 12-08-2008   #97
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

The Oilers have found a good home with quality fans and they have paid them back with a Super Bowl appearance and many playoff appearances. I think we are pretty secure where we are at.

Old 12-08-2008   #98
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Oilers have found a good home with quality fans and they have paid them back with a Super Bowl appearance and many playoff appearances. I think we are pretty secure where we are at.

Incoming!!!
Old 12-08-2008   #99
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
LOL! Yeah, that's pretty good too.

How about these 2 memorable scenes? I just watched them a couple more times and am still laughing as I type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m_AfFK-A5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfiK...eature=related

LMFAO!!! Thats a great movie too. Vince Vaughn can be hilarious. On another note, I think I may have to post some Rachel McAdams and Isla Fisher pictures in the babe thread...

Another one of my favorite funny scenes is in 40 Year Old Virgin, when dude gets his chest waxed...
Old 12-08-2008   #100
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

The Jags are heading to LA, not the Titans. I would say for sure by 2015. The current system of 32 teams is perfect and is as balanced as it can be. They can't add a team for LA. The only other team besides Jacksonville that I could see making the move to LA would be the Rams going back to LA. That contract comes up in 2015 with some team options as early as 2012.

The only scenario where I could see the Titans going to LA is if Bud Adams dies and his family sell it to someone who wants to move it. Bud probably has a few years in the tank so he may outlive the Rams' window of opportunity to move to LA. With the economic recession/depression, I don't see how a fanbase the size of Jacksonville can viably support an NFL team. It was a nice GreenBay Of The South attempt but Florida already has 2 established championship teams in the Fins and Bucs.

oh crap this is the smacktalk forum..nm

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read