Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-08-2008   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anything New on Vince Young?

This is not meant to be any sort of shot at Vince. I am just wondering if there has been anything new news on him. I haven't heard anything in weeks and I figured some Titans fans could fill me in.
Thanks!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anything New on Vince Young?

Aw man I was looking foward to bashing VY
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
This is not meant to be any sort of shot at Vince. I am just wondering if there has been anything new news on him. I haven't heard anything in weeks and I figured some Titans fans could fill me in.
Thanks!
Last I heard, he missed a couple of practices this past week because of an infection of cuticle or something.

He also got to play a little bit on Turkey day when the game was totally out of reach.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I see on the highlight shows, the Tennessee receivers have suddenly become ball magnets. Not near as many "drops" with Collins as they had with vy.

Will have to be somewhat humbling for him to come back to Reliant as one of the leagues highest paid backup qb's, but then again there's no telling what's going through that mind of his.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's stillw aiting for love and support, hugs and kisses, etc from the fans
Old 12-08-2008   #6
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I think he's stillw aiting for love and support, hugs and kisses, etc from the fans
Along with the limo that supposed to pick him from his house and drive him 10 minutes to the stadium or has he come up missing again?
Old 12-08-2008   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The irony is some fans wanted Vince to replace Carr and now both are backups .
Old 12-08-2008   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Latest news is that he was Questionable for Week 14. He suffered a thumb injury they think was due to excessive sucking.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

He got a new endorsement contract.

Old 12-08-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He got a new endorsement contract.

Repped.... Awesome!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2008   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
From what I see on the highlight shows, the Tennessee receivers have suddenly become ball magnets. Not near as many "drops" with Collins as they had with vy.

Will have to be somewhat humbling for him to come back to Reliant as one of the leagues highest paid backup qb's, but then again there's no telling what's going through that mind of his.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8pAg5hCQaA

All this homosexual VY talk is disturbing. It stopped being funny months ago.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8pAg5hCQaA

All this homosexual VY talk is disturbing. It stopped being funny months ago.
I know it did but that's not the point. Have you ever seen something go from funny to not funny anymore, and then all the way back around to funny again because it's been beaten to death? That's where this is going, trust me.
Old 12-08-2008   #13
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 127 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

As it stand now VY and the our former number 8 appear to be riding the bench all they way to the superbowl pending a collapse!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know it did but that's not the point. Have you ever seen something go from funny to not funny anymore, and then all the way back around to funny again because it's been beaten to death? That's where this is going, trust me.
According to that logic, I'm breaking out my Porch Monkey shirt again.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
According to that logic, I'm breaking out my Porch Monkey shirt again.

You takin it back?
Old 12-08-2008   #16
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Young Update:
He is going to the playoffs.

Texans update:
They are not.

Moo!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Young Update:

Texans update:
They are not.

Moo!
So did Young take them to the playoffs?

I said all along to every Tacks fan that argued against me that the running game and defense is what carried that team, and they'd be better off without VY. I sure wish VY hadn't melted down - the Tacks would still be mediocre.
Old 12-08-2008   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Young Update:

Texans update:
They are not.

Moo!

Titans are a good team and are going to the playoffs. No doubt about that. This thread isn't about that. It's about Vince Young. He is of course going to the playoffs like all the other Titans. Of course Vince will do it standing on the sidelines trying to look interested and thinking about going to lunch at the Dick Deli but that's beside the point. Vince is going to the playoffs. Thank you for your contribution.
Old 12-08-2008   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Titans are a good team and are going to the playoffs. No doubt about that. This thread isn't about that. It's about Vince Young. He is of course going to the playoffs like all the other Titans. Of course Vince will do it standing on the sidelines trying to look interested and thinking about going to lunch at the Dick Deli but that's beside the point. Vince is going to the playoffs. Thank you for your contribution.
Maybe they'll send him to the probowl again this year--he has earned it just about as much as his rookie season.
Old 12-08-2008   #20
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So did Young take them to the playoffs?

I said all along to every Tacks fan that argued against me that the running game and defense is what carried that team, and they'd be better off without VY. I sure wish VY hadn't melted down - the Tacks would still be mediocre.
Yes because 10-6 and making the playoffs is mediocre.

Riddle me this Batman ... if 10-6 is mediocre; what is a team that has finished within 2 games of that one time in the franchise history?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read